much needed feature
We need this option and I need to build 1000 of reports with Azure Mysql SSH connection. Business will not agree to take this tool going in future.
B Pavan Kumar
Please develop thissss!!
MYSQL over ssh connection
1. download the latest ODBC connector for MySQL and install on windows
2. Install the ODBC drivers on Windows computer
3. Configure a DSN for ODBC Driver in windows 10 -- run dialog box by pressing Windows+R and click OK
4. Enter command odbcad32 and press ENTER
5. On ODBC Data Source Administrator under User DSN, click the Add button
6. Under "Create New Data Source" Select the driver you installed and click finish.
7. A new window appears for MySQL connector/ODBC type localhost under TCP/IP Server and port 3306.
Enter username and password for and click OK
9. download putty software and install it
10. Start PuTTY.
11. In the Category pane, expand Connection, expand SSH, and then click Tunnels.
12. In the Source port text box of the Port Forwarding section, type 3306. This is the local port to forward.In the Destination text box, type localhost:3306.
13. Confirm that the Local and Auto radio buttons are selected.
14. Click Add:
15. In the Category pane, click Session.
16. In the Host Name (or IP address) text box, type your web site's domain name or IP address.
17. In the Port text box, type 7822.
18. Confirm that the Connection type radio button is set to SSH.
19. Click Open:
20. If a PuTTY security alert about the server's host key appears, click Yes.
21. When the login as prompt appears, type your A2 Hosting username, and then type your password.
22. When the remote server's command line prompt appears, the SSH tunnel is established and you can use your MySQL client applications on the local computer.
23. Open power BI
24. Select Get data from the Data source at the top
25. Select database MySQL database for localhost:3306
Help us, Microsoft !!!
By the Way, Anybody knows if is it possible to connect over SSH using ODBC ?
We need ssh tunnel option to connect to PostgreSQL
Very important feature, I hope it will be added soon!
Needed for Redshift and Psql
Please we need this development ! Till then unfortunately we have to switch to another BI service that allows this type of connection