Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Burndown

Create a Burndown Chart visual. E.g. I have customers who analyse their Azure expenditure off of a fixed Budget

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Major problem with login service

When I try to sign in, the interface tells me that my password is invalid.

I assume that I could be writing the password wrong so I click "Reset Password". Then, it tells me that my e-mail address is invalid.

Consequently, I decide to sign up, but the service tells me that my e-mail address is already on an account !!

Then, I decide to ask for support, but you need to open your account to request support !!!!

Of can you get support if your problem is with the sign in !?!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drop-down slicer ability to type..

The new drop-down slicer is awesome, but it would be even better if it had the ability to type the text that you are looking for.

Reason. My data might be connected to a SQL DB and the drop-down may have 500+ options. Instead of scrolling through the options, why not just type what you are looking for and it pops up.

Looking forward to the next update

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make design elements un-selectable

Elements used primarely for design purposes such as images and symbols should have the option to be un-selectable when clicked on in the power bi service. Now selecting a design element will push it to the top of the design, usually blocking graph elements that are on top of it. In some cases images may be used in dashboards (logos etc.) so pinning should be made possible, but otherwise there is no need for these elements to be selectable in the report view in the service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Managment Roles

Agregar la posibilidad de poder seleccionar a que visualización afectara los Roles ya previamente predefinidos. Puesto que actualmente os filtros que estos involucran ignoran los filtros ya predefinidos en el reporte.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a unified marketplace to share Custom Visuals, Content Packs, Themes.. Etc.

Just like Office Addins, Visual Studio Extensions it would ne nice to have a combined marketplace for all extensions to PowerBI. It can be content packs or custom visuals or themes. Having a shortcut to this unified marketplace from PowerBI would help users when trying to figure out the next steps or beginning to use the tools.

It would also be nice to have a Organization level store for these as well just like the content packs. One department can create a template/theme/custom visual and that can be used throughout the organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have Cortana or something similar feature Enabled on Power BI for Windows 7

When ever a dashboard is created, the quick insights should be called out by cortana rather than the user going through it. Cortana should give the highlights on insights along with modified Q&A. Have such possibility on windows 7& 8 as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link to Power BI Group Workspace in Notification

The email notification "You've joined the XXXX Group" is fine but it confuses users. There is nothing in it about Power BI. We added the user via Power BI so please mention Power BI and provide a link to the group workspace in the email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. relational visualization can be added for the end user created dashboard

In the current version of power bi when we are creating a dash board and allowing the end user to use natural simple language in order to create new visual out of the queried data and then pinning it in a new dashboard then the relational changes are not happening between two visualizations.
    This feature will add extra feather in the cap where the end user will be able to create his own dashboard with this feature too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. chip level laptop repairing course @ +91 9560612481 # http://www.iicmt.co.in

http://www.iicmt.co.in/laptop-repairing-course.html :Therefore, the problems encountered, to determine whether this is a http://www.iicmt.co.in/mobile-repairing-course.html :problem in the software and hardware, absolutely are necessary to distinguish. If it's not just bear on the problem but the physical damage or defects units of software, diagnose, on the basis of the error to prompt on the screen, in order to identify the root cause of the problem, available on the Internet There are a number of guide such.
    http://www.iicmt.co.in/desktop-repairing-course.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Parameterised content packs

I have an template for a content pack and I want to make cookie cutter template reports for specific contexts that all refer back to the same data set with a parameter.

At first I made the change in the pbix file and uploaded them all to the service but when they refresh they slam the database. Also maintenance is a PITA when I have to change the template and the 20 different variations all together. I experimented with Azure Analysis Services, broke the gateway and powerbi.com rained down on me with notifications about broken refreshes for each and every…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bucket timeseries data

When visualizing or working with timeseries data, it would be great if it were possible to bucket the timestamps. Cut it by second, minute, hour, etc.

E.g. 12:59:22, 12:59:33 would both become 12:58

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. iPhone scanner white page

QR Scanner isn't working. Tried on iPhone 6, and 5c. Results in white screen. All settings allow camera access for the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. power bi format all titles at once

Please give a feature to sync the titles formatting for all graphs at once on a single page or atleast a default setup that we can change manually.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to allow users to add adhoc data to the dashboard

Ability to allow users to add adhoc data to a dashboard.

For Example, when I publish my monthly dashboard to my Finance teams, I would like them to 'Comment' on their results for that month. A place where they can add comments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Q&A Info as a shortcut

for Example when you type Info VariableA then it responds with the information about the VariableA, togheter with the information about the possible use of that variable. Like the insights.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Data connection change - when trying to get data from SharePoint lists

Hi,

We are fetching data via 'Direct Query' option using the Azure Data base, then we discovered that we needed some data from the Sharepoint Online Lists too.

But when we tried to fetch data from the Lists, the data connection changed from 'Direct Query' to 'Import'. Not sure why this is happening.

We should be able to fetch data using direct query and not force us to import

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Number Formatting i.e $17,73,389 can be able to changed to $1,773, 389

Number Formatting i.e $17,73,389 can be able to changed to $1,773, 389 so that it could be read easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.