Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. power bi desktop 发布的时候能不能反馈进度*%或剩余时间

power bi desktop 发布的时候能不能反馈进度*%或剩余时间

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Marked Query Changes

When making changes to a query it's difficult to identify the changes that had been made recently when going back to making even more changes. Each time the query editor is opened, a "Session" should be created that colours or marks the changes made in that session. This means when going back to make further changes it is easy to identify what you've done.

It would also be useful if an errors could be marked on the action pane. This would therefore make error finding alot easier rather than clicking the banner that currently appears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Consulta sobre auspicio

Hola, spy empleados del Ministerio de Educación de El Salvador y estoy en un área de investigación, me gustaria saber si puedo obtener un auspicio de ustedes para usar una cuenta de Power BI Pro, ya que me gustaria publicar indicadores de mi área por medio de el, creee una cuenta gratuita pero, hoy que intento subir un tablero que diseñe en Power BI Desktop me dice que tiene contenido Pro y no me permite publicar.

Espero su respuesta.

Saludos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Date visualization

When we input a date with just a month (i.e August, July, etc.. it would be nice to be able to put just the month. For now it forces me to put a full date. otherwise it just sorts it alphabetically... not useful :)

Thanks !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sugar CRM

Would be great a conection to Sugar CRM data base

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Embed Dashboard on CRM Account Record

I would like to build a Power BI Dashboard and then insert it into an iframe on a specific CRM account (or any record).

I find one of the most noted deficiencies of Dynamics compared to other CRMs is powerful and attractive account level reporting. What I would like to do is to build a PowerBI dashboard regarding complex account statistics (leads, opportunities, etc) and then host it in an iframe on the Account page and in doing so inject the accountid as a filter on the report, such that I can build the report once and then easily deploy…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improved administration of access rights

I have recently shared a dashboard to a colleague with the possibility of resharing for him. Afterwards my colleague reshared the dashboard to other employees within our company without the option to reshare. Two comments here:

- Wouldn't it make sense that I (as the owner of the dashboard) would receive a message as soon as further colleagues are authorized for the report (so I would get the chance to check / intervene?
    - When I want to see the overview of colleagues who are authorized for a dashboard I can get the overview under "Access". It is only visible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I forgot my account password,how to find it back?

I forgot my account password,how to find it back?
    I tried to find password by receiving your Verification Code ,but my email can't recevie.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for column series in stacked column chart

The combo chart supports a column series value, but the stacked column chart does not. I want to be able to show one stacked column per X axis value and have each column grouped by the column series value/category.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Esri Map Allow Data Edits in Info Window

This feature would allow the map creator and shared users to make edits edits to the data behind the map. Specifically I want to make an employee coverage (aka territory) map based on zip codes. I would like managers to be able to edit coverage areas via something like a covered/not covered radio button in the info window. As soon as I display coverage areas on a map users immediately see areas they want to add and delete so my hope is not to have to make my users open a second application to make changes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When use logged in last time not available

I am looking for info on when the user login last. based on that I should be able to reclaim the license back and assing it to other users who really need it. But this info is not available, Can you guys please add this info in audit logs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fat bars in chart when multible measures

Bar charts looks nice when use one value and legend to it (for example Actual & Product Category).

When you use many measures in 'Value' -field, bars goes from fat to flat like needles. For example if you need visualization to separate measures like Actual, Budget, Actual LY, Forecast, ... without legend bars are way too flat.

Funnel is somekind workaround, but fat bars would be much better solution.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow use of query to set Parameter Current Value

Under Manage Parameter, when i use Suggested Values as Query, I would like to set the Current Value to the first item in the query result as the default value when i first open the report.

Example: if my query result is a list of dates, i would like to set the latest date as default

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. dashboard level filters

Adding filters like dropdown menu and can be selected on Dashboard would be nice (Tableau, Salesforce Wave already have this feature.)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. rakesh

I am developing a SAAS based web application there i need to add add title with company info. with log and I also need to export data into excel and pdf from power bi report.The report data and company info. title will be changing based on logged in company. is there any way to achieve these with power bi ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a keystroke combination (i.e. ALT-R) to reset all slicers on a report/tab back so no selections exist in any slicer on a repoty/tab.

If a User makes selections on one or more slicers on a report/tab, it would be helpful to have a mechanism (keystokes or button), to reset all slicers on the report/tab to their "virgin state", with nothing selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Power BI desktop Cliente

Minha ideia é o seguinte: que tenha uma versão cliente;
    pois tanto no Power BI desktop quanto online é possível editar as informações, precisamos que uma versão cliente somente para visualizar os gráficos com as interações já existentes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add the possibility to change color of legend's items on filled map visualization

add the possibility to change color of legend's items on filled map visualization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple Instances of Power BI Universal App Running

Please create a way for more than one instance of the Power BI Universal 10 App to run. I'd like to have multiple dashboards set-up to be running on the Universal Win 10 Application. No just one dashboard at a time, we are creating a 8 pane dashboard HUB for a large client and would need to have multiple windows open and running to do this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.