Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ti japim Paqen Botes !

Stop Luftes dhe Varferise ne Bote,duani njeri-tjetrin,sepse kjo jete qe po jetoni...eshte thjeshte nje pasazhe per nje jete me te mire ne AMSHIM !

JESUS CHRIST

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-detect 1-to-1 relationships last

When 1-to-1 relationships are autodetected, they force all following relationships to be inactive. Instead, create 1-to-1 relationships last, and let them be created as inactive. This would make fixing autodetection relationship problems much simpler.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cat

there should be pet

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. should be online shopping.

there should be online product like dresses for women that anyone can purchase.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Relative Date Slicer: Can't Click on Slicer Options

We are using relative date slicer on our reports. This slicer works fine on Power BI Desktop application. But when I publish this report and access it on various browsers we are not able to select values from first drop down i.e. Last/Next/This as well as second dropdown i.e. Days/Week/...
    We have tested this on chrome, edge, internet explorer and we observed the same behaviour.
    We are using the latest version of Power BI desktop application and we are using Pro License.
    Need a solution for this issue.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View Power Bi Report published in local report server to view in Asp.Net Web application directly.

View Power Bi Report published in local report server to view in Asp.Net Web application directly.
    Instead of logging in to azure taking the token and making things difficult. It would be better for government organization applications. Since they are mostly deployed on private servers for security issues.

It would be great if there is a .dll implementation into the asp.net platform to edit and deploy the report along with the rest of the application.

At least an API implementation with azure would do wonders by itself as well.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tableau as a data source: effectively make a built-in content migration tool

Go for the throat.
    This might be hard to do but would be a killer feature.

As an enterprise, you have been a Tableau customer years with hundreds of man-hours invested in Tableau workbooks. Make it easy to migrate to Power BI without rebuilding from scratch.
    Avoid paying significant licencing costs for both Tableau and PBI. Migrate with momentum. Enable your analysts and developers to focus on one platform and migrate to Power BI quickly.

Connect to Tableau as a data source similar to connect to Excel as content.

* Import data sources as power queries.
    * Auto-create implicit measures…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Relocated the header sorting function in table & matrix visual to the right-click context menu

I've found it frustrating when I've clicked on a row/column heading in a matrix/table visual (whether by accident or to bring it into context) - and it ends up sorting the visual by that column. I think many users would still be more used to the concept of clicking and selecting a cell such as in Excel, which does not function quite the same in various Power Bi contexts. I would suggest this frustration could be removed by simply adding sort asc/desc options to the right-click context menu that already exists when clicking on a row/column header. Left click would…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Margin for the legend on Clustered Column Chart

When the legend is on the right side of the Clustered Column Chart it is pressed right against the chart. There should be a margin between them.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. External sharing is not currently supported with datasets that use RLS, please support it

We want to be able to leverage RLS in a PBI dataset for report consumption by individuals outside our organization. Please enable this capability.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to export VBA from PBI Visuals

Use Case: My data has a link which calls an application with certain parameters. When i fetch the data from excel, i can write a macro to show a button so that the respective application opens up and the link contents are hidden from the user.

With Power BI, we should be able to generate such an excel so that even the file URLs can work after exporting the data from table/matrix. Also if the column is tagged as a file URL, it should not be visible in the report but should appear in the extract.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Power bi should have an option to restrict to download underlying data

Power bi should provide option to restrict underlying data @ Visual level not on tenant level. Underlying data might contain sensitive data which should be restricted. We have not displayed sensitive data on visual level but user can download entire data set by using this option.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. KPI shading

KPI shading is absolute - either red or green. However, on one of our metrics that is 100%, it shows 100% and Green for YTD and 100% and Red for Current Month. I am guessing this is due to the decimal places that it is reading. Is there a way to truncate so the KPI goes to only 1 (or 0) decimal points?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I wanted to create a finance report where user want should have facility to select multiple currency i.e. USD, GBP etc & according to that m

I wanted to create a finance report where user want should have facility to select multiple currency i.e. USD, GBP etc & according to that my report data should get changed. Can anybody please suggest how to handle such requirement. also we have exchange rate data, date wise which we have to use for currency conversion. Please suggest how to handle such report requiremnet

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Different Visual title at report and dashboard levels

Larger titles given to visuals on the report, do not display entirely on the dashboard. There is a need to configure report and dashboard title separately (especially for card visuals).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. filter by DAX formula

Visualfilters should be able to write by a Formula, so it should be possible to filter Visuals by writing a filter statement in DAX, e.g., filter by a unattached table (calculated, temporarily top 10 Table ).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. RLS - enter multiple emails at once

It's tedious to write or copy names/emails one at a time. It would be really nice to inculde several with a comma or something - if a delimeter necessary.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change in Column name for Visualizations Table

Would like to have features that user able to change the table column name in the Visualization.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.