How can we improve Power BI?

Allow proper printing of Dashboards

Ctrl P does not do a good job of printing the dashboard. Provide a Print button which optimises printing perhaps defaulting to the filters & title on page 1 and the dashboard sheets in landscape on pages 2 to n+1

786 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tony Gaul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

149 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is indeed a crucial funtionality. I cannot work with PowerBi because of this and have to switch to excel..

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not completed, PBI team. Why would you mark this as completed? Like many users have said, this is a critical failure, and is a show stopper for a lot of organizations!

Please add various printing options like PDF,Excel, Fax, etc. as it is an important requirement for any company.
        The limitation of feature will be restricting us from using Power BI.

this idea is print dashboard, which I guess they've completed. My dashboards are tiny images in the corner of the page so its definitely not "proper" printing. There an idea to enable printing of all pages on a report. I saw one with 23 votes which seems hardly urgent at all but this feature is so necessary.
        EVERYONE VOTE HERE: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13135986-enable-printing-all-pages-of-a-report

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I print my report shouldn't I know what filters are applied to the report so my audience will know what they are looking at? Otherwise a printed report is completely useless. I could have all of my products filtered down to Kitty Litter and the CFO would have no idea...this is HUUUGEEE as our President would say.

This is so basic and so necessary. Without it the desktop product is not viable. Will printing be enabled in SSRS 2016 Power BI web rendering in mid-2017?

• I Wish MS Cared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing is completely broken, yet, this idea is marked as completed. Does anyone at MS actually care that we can't print?

• Damian Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys I agree with Daniel. We are in the middle of first phase (500 seat) of a 10000 Seat Project Online Solution for a global customer and the PowerBI Dashboard printing is causing many rolling of eyes and comments in our executive briefing sessions.. I am worried it will give PowerBI a bad name...we don't want to use 3rd party tools or build our own hosted SSRS Instance on Azure.

• Daniel (Australia) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please provide an update on when proper print to PDF capabilities will be made available ? The current functionality is no different to a browser print function. What was the point of implementing it in the first place ?Please check the forums as PDF functionality is heavily discussed. PDF functionality is a make or break decision for many organisations.

I have issue both with printing out hard copy and printing to PDF. PBI scales down my dashboard to a very small image. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

• Benjamin Swift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know where additional info is on this? I see multiple remaining issues with print to PDF and it would be good to know what additional enhancements are planned, etc.

PBI Team, could we please have a response on this? People are clearly not satisfied with the quality of the printing process, me included.

I am having to go back to using Excel to create visuals that are going to be used for printed reports!

PBI is great for OLAP, but is not a complete BI solution until it fixes this.

Thanks.

• Yair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Printing doesn't position the contents correctly -- they are pushed to the right.
        2. Printing doesn't remember your last used printer, it always uses the default
        3. Dashboard printing does not paginate -- it just cuts anything below a certain point if you set the zoom, or shrinks the entire dashboard to one page.

These are huge problems for us.

• Damian Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Export to PowerPoint Appears to work well but the Print function is just plain embarrassing when demonstrating to Executives at some of our customers. Please fix this guys

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.