How can we improve Power BI?

SQL Server Analysis Services Cubes

Enable connectivity to on-prem (or IaaS) SSAS Cubes / multidimensional!

1,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Milinda Vitharana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I've connected to SSAS multidimentional (SQL2014) and i've seen my cubes, but after i have error
        Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.CannotRetrieveModelException: An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'EntityDataSource'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Tabular View' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard' edition of Analysis Services. I have flagged the preview mode in Power BI desktop

• pato lobos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about for those users outside the network? I need to "Browse live" a tabular model, but I'm not connected to the network, can you guys do something similar to OLAP pump via HTTPS?

• Adil Majeed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of the dimensions are not available when i tried to connect with the SSAS OLAP, just wondering why is it so?

Works great, in preview mode.
        Is it possible or planned to connect to more than one cube per report?
        Is it possible to change the number format of values in a matrix table?

• Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've connected to SSAS multidimentional and i've seen my cubes, but after i have error
        Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.CannotRetrieveModelException: An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'EntityDataSource'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Tabular View' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard' edition of Analysis Services.

• Chris Blank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried connecting following the instructions provided on the updates page, and I get the error "Currently, Power BI only supports connecting to Analysis Services Tabular Models.

• Daniel Djuracic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blog advises that PowerBI mobile is "Enterprise Ready" yet there is still no OLAP cube support. Please advise an ETA for this feature.

• Raf Delgado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? We're working on a project which is using a multidimensional DB and could really do with this feature.

• Malcolm Wanstall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance on some communication around ETAs on this functionality? I'm sure many others have platform decisions to make as well that hinge on the availability of this feature.

• Satya Kota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's one of pretty much required feature. So many other tools like Tableau support browsing multi dimensional cubes. One of our cube has 80 billion rows and you want that data to extract as a tabular and use as a report. It's not possible. we need to have the functionality that we used to have in power view

• Rafał commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to go even further: let's have update cube functionality.

We really need this asap. What are you waiting for? Please respond to our demands.

• Alexandre Durocher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys,

They're right. It's really a must have. You have a full and nice Microsoft suite.

You cannot miss the last step but not least... The distribution and visualisation of data from multidimensionnal cubes. It makes no sense.

A business intelligence tool that doesn't use cubes?

It would be funny if it weren't true.

Its Qlikview for us until you decide to support your own products. Disappointing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.