Power BI Ideas

• or
  1. Allow Customization of See Records View

This suggestion seems to have been brought up countless times before since 2016, with hundreds of votes for the same thing on other posts but somehow still hasn't been implemented yet which is crazy to me. PLEASE make it possible to customize which columns are shown in the "See Records" review and MAKE IT STICK once those customizations are done. It is very frustrating to get the columns all set up the way I want and then go back to the report, and then when I go to "See Records" again, the columns have all reset themselves to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "See Record" Column Setup

This is in response to: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Where-are-the-quot-see-records-quot-columns-setup/td-p/33830/highlight/true

When using the "See Records" functionality the "Return to the report" should not remove the edited "See Records" visualization. The Columns selected and order selected should be maintained. This ensures that the "See Records" view does not need to be recreated every time the "See Records" functionality is used.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See Records Column Setup

When entering the "See Records" view, it allows you to decide which columns you view while you are in the "See Records", but after exiting "See Records" it reverts to the original view and removes the edits.

There should be an option to save the edits made within the "See Records" view so the unnecessary columns can be removed and the important information can be viewed more easily, and can be saved so the report keeps the edits made when saved.

494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Record Analytical Story

Record Analysis and create Story and share with management.
    This can be done by having option to record insights and report/dashboard analysis which we creates while working on data in Power BI. Highlight key insights, gives voice wherever require and whatsapp a simple gif or video.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Record Analytical Story

Record Analysis and create Story and share with management.
    This can be done by having option to record insights and report/dashboard analysis which he/she creates while working on data in Power BI. Highlight key insights, gives voice wherever require and whatsapp a simple gif or video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable "see records"

There should be an option to disable "see records" for the graphics that support it. It is a huge issue when it comes to security. I know you can hide certain columns but in reports that should only be high level data, the see records item is really an issue.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Comment to records view

It would be great if you could add a comment directly to the filtered records viewed when "See Records" is selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. filter last x records

I would like an option for filtering that allows me to choose the last “x” number of records. So if every week a new data point is recorded in the data set, once the tables have been refreshed, all of my visualizations would drop off a prior week’s data and add the new week’s data.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Slicer to Omit records from a large data set. (Cant scroll through the records)

Currently the only way you can use a slicer to omit records is to Set Select All to On. then save the report with this selected so all the values are selected. Then the user can select a record to omit it from the data set.
    This however only works if the record set is fairly small so you can scroll through them. Not when there are thousands of entries. In this case you need to allow the user to input the code to find it THEN select it. Currently you cant do this.

It would be really useful to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable "See Records" from Matrix and Table

"See Records" option is available in charts, but not in matrix or table. I would like to be able to see underlying records by selecting a row in a table or a cell in a matrix.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve "See Records" option

See Records is very useful, but at least I noticed that some things are missing:
    - Abililty to use in ALL visuals
    - TURN OFF for some visuals: so when we share the report, everyone can't see the information behind
    - When I ckick in See Records, I should be able to copy the information in an Excel for example (this would be helpfull because I segment people, and I only want to send a mail to those segmented people)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 'See Records' Option Improvement

Rather than hiding the columns if we can have the ability to individually turn on/off columns that would be displayed in the 'See Records' option that would be useful.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show Custom Documentation for M Functions

It would be really useful to have a way to show custom Meta/Documentation records in the display along with the default ones (Name, Description, LongDescription, Examples). For example, it would be nice to display the author and the date of the last update to the function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable 'See Records' for Analysis Services live connection (Basic users)

We desperately need the 'See Records' drill feature to be enabled when using a live connection to SSAS so our users can see the underlying records/data.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make 'See Records' customisable

Please make see records customisable so that you can select the fields you want to show. And not just show the text field but also show numeric fields like: Sales, Budgets, etc. and Date Fields.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow to save modifications in show record view

Can you please allow to save our modifications in the '"show record" view .
    We already can modify the elements in this view with a right click on data -> show record.
    But when you leave this view and you come back after, yours modifications aren't saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export records after filtering on report in Power BI (Web)

How I can export records after filtering in a report or panel?, similar to what would in a PivotTable in Excel where when you double-click generates the records that meet the filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand a Record or Table within a column (using Power Query):

Expand Feature –
    Ability to choose ‘how’ to expand a record or a table within a column (in Power Query) such as the following…
    • Show drop down choice to expand into new rows (as it currently does) OR expand back into the cell as a comma separated value (which shows all readable text, not just a record)

Scenario –
    I have a SharePoint list with 14 records and a field on a given record contains a list of items that are separated by a comma. When the data is imported into Power Query, the data shows…

Actual Results – …

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable "See Records" option for all Visuals with ability to choose columns

"See Records" options is now available only for visual like Treemap. But it is very much needed for visuals like "Matrix"

Even on Treemaps.... "See Records" option is not showing all columns from datasource. There should be a provision to choose columns and the order, in "See Records" report

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please give the ordering of fields and to save in see records

When the ordering is given in see records and when come back the order is not permanent . So, please give the saving option for see records

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 106 107
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.