Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display calculated cluster values on table

Clustering works fine. However the generated fields are showing up empty on the data view. (They display well on a table report)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Format the the display of the selected value point on the X axis in a Scatter chart

the value of the current point on the X axis is displayed in an incontrollable size on the chart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Visual by Tool Tips

It would be nice to be able to sort a visual by a tool tip. For example, the visual might show Sales ($) and there is a tool tip showing # of Transactions, it'd be amazing to be able to sort by # of Transactions as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Send your own emails with valid links in them

Since you send newsletters (Improved navigation and notifications in Power BI Mobile!) where the unsubscribe link takes you to a broken page, I feel you should add yourselves to your block list in SNDS. Then you can go mitigate your own IPs and fix your own email problems before you cause problems for other ESPs when you block 100% legitimate/well-formed messages.

And I have to close my browser because you have a bad page? Did you get your tech support from AOL or what?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/215036/1686232/vRbtKainU8Aw0PS/upload.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Report Background Image Alignment (Top/Left/Bottom/Right)

It would be really nice if I could set the report page background image to be positioned at the top of the report. My required report header is 1300x100px but can currently only be placed dead centre of the report.

I'm having to enlarge this to include a large blank space underneath to give the impression it is placed at the top of the report.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Select Data in Grids

Highlight text in the 'see records' grid. I need to highlight and copy data in the grids of reports.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customise Favorites

Currently, there is no way to customise the tiles on the favorites page. Ideally, it would be good to be able to change the name and the tile image.

We also need to be able to re-arrange the order of the tiles as they are stuck in the order in which they were added to the favorites.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tile Details - Display Last Refresh Time

I love that you can check the box to "Display Last refresh Time" on dashboard tiles. Unfortunately, the display is not always the same which is confusing for those reading reports. On one dashboard I have three different ways it is appearing (see below). I prefer all of the refresh dates/times are all set up the same, just pick one and stick with it. I prefer date and time (first listed below).

REFRESHED: 10/11/16 6:43:37PM
    REFRESHED: TUE 6:43:37PM
    REFRESHED: YESTERDAY 6:43:37PM

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Template Inheritance

When managing several dashboards that have the similar data (but from different sources) it would be great to be able to update a 'master' or 'parent' dashboard that could deploy changes (new charts, DAX queries to all of its children. Currently if I want to make changes to a common template I have to go into each .pbix file and make the same changes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. change the connection of a report on the web

it will be cool if we can change the connection of a report on the web to another dataset.
    Like:
    I create a first model, create some report on it, then another model and a new set of reports.
    Later we decide to merge the 2 models into 1, so we want to change the connection of all the reports connected to the model 1 to the new model.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need ability to establish a tentant specific privacy notice

In addition to the standard Microsoft product privacy notice, we need the ability for our company to post a company specific privacy notice.

The Power BI admin should have the ability to append a tenant specific privacy notice to the Power BI tenant, so that users are aware of their corporate privacy policies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a Utility, selector or slicer to filter individual lines on line graph or add a second 'ghost' line.

Based on historical data, it would be nice to see what would have been. For instance, if we are reviewing year to date figures and revenue by month on line graphs; we would have the ability to edit the interaction on individual lines. Customer A, B, C & D total our overall Revenue, but what would it have looked like if we didn't have customer B? This can be used for several other approaches to data analysis. Similar to forecasting; however, we are looking at historical data to quantify the importance of a variable (aka customer B). We have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Color coding should me initiated depending on the comparison of two data.

Hi All,
    I have to suggest that there should me one more area of concern for Power BI Team they should start working on color coding i.e.
    if we have to compare two data and we are attaining profit then our graph should show Green Color and If we are facing loss than graph should automatically turns to Red and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Using filters "is blank" or "is not blank" errors when null value fields are encourntered.

Should not error on null value fields but should treat them as blanks. Could introduce filters of "contains data" and "does not contain data".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Date Format Changes

To avoid confusion between mm/dd and dd/mm with international users, I have set my date format to dd-MMM-yyyy. Now I notice that when the pbix is distributed and goes to a different locale, the format setting reverts back to the locale's default setting: either mm/dd or dd/mm. Any ideas how to prevent that from happening?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New content pack version nag bar breaks intra-report navigation

When a previously published content pack is updated, it will introduce a nag bar on any personalized reports that are based on that content pack. This is a grey nag bar at the top of the screen with an X to close the nag bar. This nag bar returns every time the report is opened.

Its presence obscures the report page navigation UI. There is no way to stop the nag bar from appearing once a content pack has been updated.

There is a forum thread about this issue here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Organizational-content-packs-eternal-update-notification/m-p/64323#U64323

The first thing is to realize that we see…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be great if POWER BI dashboard allows us to send Report Name, Report Parameters, Filters(Slicer Values) to SSRS 2016 .

If POWER BI dashboard allows to send the above mentioned values in a URL to SSRS 2016 , we may be able to use the same filters at SSRS to view the details of same description as in POWER BI dashboard .
    It will be extremely useful if one could go back and forth POWER BI and SSRS

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dashboards by cube

Would like the ability to see all Dashboards, Reports and PBIX files that are connected to, or are using, the data sources the I surface via the gateway. In other words, I would like to see, by cube name (or DB, etc.) all Dashboards, Reports and PBIX files that are using it. Include Dashboard/Report/PBIX name and author. Perhaps other details like number of refreshes, number of uses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be good to have an option to update the data inside a Panel.

It would be good to have an option to update the data inside a Panel, because it is needed for design and have content updated. It is not enough to only "update icons" and not all the content related to each ítem of the panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.