Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow hyper links in reports

I created a table that has content including URL's to another site, but the URL is not a HyperLink and I cannot copy it. Is it possible to make it a HyperLink then allow it to be clickable from within a published report?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shape map - map key - can we get back the selection and copy in the pop up ?

In one of the earliest version of the Shape map preview, we were able to view and select and copy the shape map keys. However this is no longer possible. It is helpful when you need to normalise your data to the exact value of the map keys !!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drilldown function with data type assignation for every hierarchy level

If you use visuals with drilldown function it should be possible to assign a data type to every level of the drilldown hierarchy. Now it takes the data type of the highest level. So for example if you have categorical data on the highest level and continous data on the second, the second level data will be treated also as categorical. This is a problem if the number of entries on the x-axis exceeds the displayable number. In this case you have to scroll to see every value. The visual gets unmanageable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put a progresss bar on upload of file in PowerBi

Please put a progress bar to show the percentage of upload of a file. This will enable someone monitor the progress of uploading a local file to the PowerBi service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chinese version of Bing map

The English version of Bing maps has no granularity when it comes to China, though the Chinese version does. Is there any way to change the base layer map to the Chinese version of Bing maps?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support color scales on date and numerical values in a table

Please add support for color scales on date and numerical values in a table, like Excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alias for Addresses

On the map I would like to hide the address from the tool tip and instead show a shorter alias. The full address takes up a large amount of real estate on the tool tip

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Play View in Power BI Desktop

Sometimes I share report I made to other people just in Power BI desktop by copying pbix file. but they browse report with always editable view. I prefer to add a Play View to Power BI Desktop just like Powerpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide Compensation to Users who have submitted Intelectual Property

Microsoft has engaged a large user base to assist them with developing this product called Power BI. Some of the users here have come up with great ideas and should be paid for their assistance in developing this product since Microsoft is asking for help in developing this software.

Once an Idea is submitted here, If Microsoft Like the idea they immediately take that Idea and implement it into their product.

Where is the Intellectual property laws? How is Microsoft allowed to hijack end users ideas and put it into their product for a profit?

No where do I see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Consistent Formatting of Date Axis

Wouldn't It be Great if all the Charts Consistently Formatted the Date Hierarchy, instead of coming up with their Own?

e.g Compare the drill Down of Year Quarter Month on the Line Chart vs the Stacked Column

One gives

2017 Qrt1 January

the Other Gives

Jan 2017

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Filtering In Data View

It would be very helpful to be able to filter the data view like we can in a Power Pivot data model.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dynamic tile content

We have some reports that needs to be commented by the analytics group weekly. However, this means that the text boxes with comments needs to be removed and re-pinned to the dashboard every week. It would be of great value if there was an option to create dynamic tiles that read the current/latest content from the report rather than the content at the time of pinning.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a method to disable automatic update prompts for users

We deploy Power BI desktop to our organization via SCCM. Each month, users get a popup asking to update the software, increasing helpdesk tickets. Allow administrators to customize their installations to prevent this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. user interactive in reports

When users see reports, they may have expectation to see more about a visualization. I got feedback from my users that current visualization is difficult to interact with. This can be done with some thing I have in mind below

1. when we click a Card, there are some buttons, and one of them is to see other visuals in the report or other report we build for the Card, instead of focus mode, and we can choose which report to show

2. when we click any visual, some option buttons appear, to drill down, to see the data, etc, instead of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Access to Dashboard Layout Code and Easier Access to Measure DAX

Similar to how there's a GUI for PowerQuery stuff but also access to the code (in Advanced Editor), would it be possible to also do this for the dashboard visuals themselves and for any custom DAX measures?

I understand that the DAX for the measures is accessible by clicking on them, but I often find myself in the position of having to update a bunch of measures because of a schema change or wanting to adapt a dashboard used for one thing to another similar data set. I have to click the measure, copy/edit the DAX, create a new measure…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we Create Slicer, So that it can Show different metrics,

Can we create slicer, so that we can define Columns as slicer options.
    Suppose we have a Map Visual, We can use slicer to Show aggregation based on Either sales Column, Of Profit/ loss columns, Or any other column

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Drawing capabilities when Adding Comment on a report PBRS

Hey all,

In Power BI Reports Server, the comments section is great as users can collaborate and 'chat' about items on a report.

To take this to the next level, wouldn't it be great if a mini drawing panel (with a pen, colour palette etc.) is displayed and users can draw over the dashboard?

After drawing and writing notes, when the user clicks 'Post Comment' then a snapshot of the whole report is grabbed, as an image, and associated to the chat comment.

Other users then can click on a chat comment (or, perhaps, an icon in the chat comment)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sales Value with Percentage in single Column

Till now we see the Sales value in one column and %of Sales in another column, like two separate columns of each. But the thing is customer want to see the value in single column .i.e. the value should be like $75,117.80 (69%) in single field itself. Not to make them as two columns of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.