Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could you enter Mongolian language option

We just need Mongolian version like other country has.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a custom line to Scatter Chart

For example, adding the line y=x to see outliers. Or just an option to enter a simple formula for a linear line that overlays a chart.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Power BI Service, web data source, need Organizational Account authentication

I would like to have a model that I create on the desktop that has a spreadsheet as a data source and I would like the spreadsheet to be on OneDrive for business so users can update it. Also, I want to publish the model to the service. I've followed the documentation: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-use-onedrive-business-links/
    that describes configuring the data source on the desktop. When I configure the data source on the service there is no option for an Organizational Account and the other authentication methods don't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When we generate an web url or embeded code we can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Linkerin but not on Yammer. Please add this button.

When we generate an web url or embeded code we can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Linkerin but not on Yammer. Please add this button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Service Alerts

I would suggest that you can set the time that an alert triggers. I have a job monitor dashboard with a number of completion percentage visuals. I would like to be able to fire an alert each morning at 8.30 for those which are not at 100%. I have tried using once every 24 hours but have no control over the time they alert executes. Looking forward to your response.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Click To Edit

I would like to be able to click an area of a viz and be able to edit that area, instead of finding it in a list in the UI. For example, clicking the title of the chart, and being able to edit the text directly on the chart, as well as have the format options automatically open for me to change.

The goal of this is to speed up the user in working on the viz.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Drill down should work accross all Visulizations

Drill down features currently works on single chart at a time. Imagine I have 5 charts using date Hierarchy, say showing Sales, Gross Margin, Returns, Net Discounts and Quantity Sold over Date Dim. I can drill down to one chart, lets say I have drilled down to moth level for sales, but all four charts are still showing year level information, Which presents a kind of misleading or non-comparable (Apple to apple matching) picture of stats. So, if there could be anything in interactions, where we can "combine" the drill down\rollup feature.. That would be super helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Details: "Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was

Details: "Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save a power bi Report to text

Save a power bi Report to text

A power bi report is a binary blob. I want to save the report
    (the DAX code,the M code but no data) in a text file.
    That enables me to add the report to a version control system and I can check differences. Besides that I can edit with a normal texteditor.

There should be a load from text file also!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for number formatting in cells and charts

Ability to edit decimal places or set different formats with and without currency for example even when the raw data has something already set

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Publish in Web with RLS

Hi,
    The current version of Power BI Pro doesn't support "Publish the report in Web" when we use RLS. So this limitation is a big brake when we want to publish our report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add your own axis label just like in Click sense desktop

so you keep your column name the label is specific and can be stored as a custom label that can be reused for other visuals as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Placeholders/Tags

It would be great if we could upload a PDF/Excel/Word document. We could then add a calculated value from a report (using tags/placeholder similar to how you do mailmerge.

As a final step, be capable of downloading the PDF/word file back with the added values.

There is a high demand in printing documents with a specific layour/style that can only be achieved with the use of external programs.... we only need the calculated values from Power BI.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-Arrange Report Objects

Please create a feature to allow me to have keylines that ensure that my visuals line up properly (e.g. on the same baseline)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unit Conversion

Have Scenario where depending on where our user base is located, we are looking to have someone come up with a brilliant idea that if a Dataset contains say 2 columns "litres" and "barrels" - that a switch control can be toggled to "Swap the Visual's Value Column from one Unit type to another and back again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Labels to Fields, Format, and Analytics to Help New Users & Presentations

With the launch of the Analytics pane, the Fields and Format icons also were refreshed. Unfortunately, placing core functionality in unlabeled 25x25 pixel icons adds to the perception that Power BI is unintuitive for new users.

As a more experienced user, I know where to click for Format options. New users often have no clue. They learn quickly enough with training, but it can often be frustrating until they catch on. In presentations or demos, no one has the ability except the presenter to explore the UI and hover over icons, etc.

PBI Desktop is not a mobile app. There's…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow measures in bubble and color saturation on scatter chart to be selected in reference line

Currently, only the measures from the x and y axis can be selected. Allow measure from the color saturation and size section to be added to reference lines.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Filters

The functionality to be able to create a customised filter would be very useful. For example, if a column contains numerical values of item sold price you could create a custom filter which would allow the viewed to filter the data by set value ranges e.g. £11-£20, £21-£30, £31-40.

Another example is: I have a column that shows the number of days since a client has been contacted. I want to set up a default filter to show different ranges e.g. less than 30 days, between 30 - 60 days, over 60 days.

Currently, the only way I can do…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.