I am getting problem to share my dash board with other people

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DISTINCTCOUNT() should be called COUNTDISTINCT()

DISTINCTCOUNT() should be called COUNTDISTINCT() as it is a type of COUNT(). This affects syntax completion and confuses what the function actually does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hotkeys in Syntax window

Currently Alt+Retun moves down to the next row. There should be an option to set CTRL+Retun as the execute key as syntax is often formatted by bringing text to the next line.
    Using Retun as the execute key causes every change in your code to exectue. Correct functionality should be:CTRL+Return = Execute; Return = New Line;
    There should be an options tab to customize this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option for full screen reporting view

Very difficult to work with on a 14 inch screen. Would have hoped for a separate reporting view to be which minimise/removes all configuration panes and just shows the reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improving Layout of the pages of the Power BI

It would be interesting to facilitate the layout part (more incrementas and easy views) in the bi power, for example:

Include buttons with script or direction to a report
    Inclusion of interactive figures as graphics
    Improving on page preview.

Is forecast for these kinds of changes?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable refresh of this query

Enable refresh of this query when unticked would prevent query from being refreshed. This is currently only supported in power bi desktop and would be good to have it supported in service as well for refresh purposes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Box Visual as a filter

It would be nice to have a search box visual which would act as a filter depending on the value/text in the box (like a attribute slicer, but without displaying the values available for that column)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can Power BI incorporates existing excel user interface into its data view mode ?

POWER BI user interface can be designed together with add-in like data analysis toolpack. It is more user friendly to have user interface of data view similar to EXCEL to enhance the data analytics component , it helps Power BI to entice excel user to switch into power BI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Real time , non-agregated datas in radial gauge visual

It would be very useful to be able to use real-time non-agragated datas in the gauge visual, for iot purposes for example. For now, the gauge visual only allows the use of statistical values like average, sum, max for example. It's impossible to display the real-time temperature of a machine for example. We can only display max temperature, average temperature, the sum of temperatures and son on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Embedding Edit mode into web portal

I am a pro user of power bi and i have embedded PowerBI into a web platform. I would like to get the editable mode of PowerBI service into the platform so that I can edit it within the platform as needed.. so, getting the entire edit mode of PowerBi service would help. Even if it is a paid option, it would be off great value when we provide access to users aswell.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change Chart types

I was wondering if there is a way of changing a part of data in a chart to a different chart type!
    For example - If we have data for 2 items in the same Bar chart is it possible to change the chart type of one item to a different chart type?
    Sorry if the idea has already been posted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide Data Directly on Training

Make it clear which data source you are using for the training modules so people can follow along easily. Provide a link for the sample data directly on the page to allow people to follow along.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Samples  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Connect a Excel Pivot Table Report via PowerBI to On Premise

While Analyse in Excel is a good idea, essentially it would mean formatting the Pivot Table each time such a functionality is called. What we really need is to upload a Pivot Table to PowerBI.com as a report which can be called from the PowerBI interface, and which then connects to On-premise using the Enterprise Gateway. This will enable me to keep my PT format in tact and also use the awesome functionality of PT on PowerBI. However i believe you would use the Excel Services model for displaying the Pivot Table. My request is to bring the UI of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New Shape map update June: Province names The Netherlands needs a small change. The Province Fryslan should be Friesland instead

The new Shape map in update June:

The Province names The Netherlands need a small change. The Province Fryslan should be Friesland instead.

Frysland is the name in native tongue of the province whilst Friesland is the general used Dutch name.

Best regards,

Sander

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Smartsheet connected pbix published to service not updating

A smartsheet datasource report created in desktop is not updating on the web.

Refresh is enabled.
    It worked before.
    Deleting the entire report and dataset then republishing fixes it, until I refresh the data. Then it falls back to a very old set of the data.

There is nothing special about this report or dataset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please do not repeat the same mistakes as 30 years ago

Dear Microsoft Power BI Team,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your continuous efforts to improve Power BI and establish it as the leading SSBI platform. You have done an amazing job in a relative short time.

I really like the idea of this open community, where everyone is able to share their ideas and your monthly effort to enrich Power BI with new features.

Nevertheless, I would like to remind you that nearly 30 years ago, Microsoft in an effort to compete Lotus 123 and quickly increase market penetration, launched Excel with a bug.

To…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Expose an oData datasets "instance annotations" in PowerBi

Expose OData "instance annotations" within PowerBi. PowerBi allows us to can include annotations in (example with a broken URL: = OData.Feed("https //org.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/",[#"Prefer"="odata.include-annotations=""*"""])). However, even though instance annotations are provided in the response, there is not a way to surface them within PowerBi. Please allow the use of a function or method to expose and use Instance Annotations provided in oData responses. Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Resume load for other tables if one has an error

It's really annoying to wait for an hour for a bunch of queries to refresh only for an '#N/A' value in an excel table cause the entire load to crash. There should be a prompt that asks if you want to continue refreshing other tables that aren't tied to the one with the error, avoiding the need to wait for an hour to see an error message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More Visualization Object

It will be good to have visuals that can show previous, % change, trend with up arrow for positive and down arrow for negative especially on numerical data. I have a sample visuals in jpeg to communicate this better. Thank you. Bisi Onaolapo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. R and SQL highlighting coloring with pseudo intellisense

Inheriting the NotePad++ or SSMS text highlighting would be a simple and welcome addition. A reach but still necessary aspect of this would be to have intellisense on both the R and SQL code (with a format button as well).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.