Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 图表查看数据可复制

在图表模式下,右键查看数据只是简单展示数据,希望可选择并复制,以便粘贴到其他数据平台。同时,图表展示数据和相同图表下导出的数据不一样,希望增加导出选项,可选择导出样式

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make PowerBI simple: PowerBI desktop should work without DAX for casual users

Transform vs Modelling
    The Transform capability is great, because i can do everything I need with the UI. This is not the case with Modelling.

Modelling
    Having used PowerBI Desktop on many datasets, I found that it should be made simpler for non DAX experts.A UI based interface including some "AI" Assisted intelligence could easily achieve the below and make the product reach a new category of users.
    1. Matrix and Table visuals
    • Key features such as Column renaming, Cumulative values, Comparisons Year on Year etc. are missing and require quite a bit of DAX fiddling. I know that…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Web - Report View Control for pbix desktop files

It would be nice to have a (VS) report view control to render pbix files and/or uploaded pbix files (internal report server).
    Similar to the Report View Control to view SSRS Reports in Windows and WEB applications, using rdl and rdlc files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Visuals available when exporting to Power Point

When exporting to Power Point. If in your report were custom visualisations, an error shouldn't be displayed. Hiding the visualisation or displaying a image of it should be performanced

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Having multiple color palettes/themes for different dimensions/visualizations and different hierarchies (drill-downs)

Power Bi just implemented custom themes but what this does is applies the same theme to all the visualizations. This is could be very confusing to the end user. Suppose you have multiple metrics (like sales, profits, margins, etc.) that are sliced by geographical region as one dimension and say Item category as another dimension. Currently the same top 5 colors of the theme would be used for the top 5 geographical regions and top 5 item categories.

Each dimension should be using a distinct color palette. That is say California and Clothes should not be using the exact same…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Line and Clustered Column Chart Add tool tip on line

Line and Clustered Column Chart-- How to add tool tip on line.
    By default it takes the value and shared axis as tool tip.
    I want to add more tool tip to it.
    Is it possiable?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hyperlinks on tiles, especially graphics

Pinning a graphic from a report onto the dashboard, maintains the link to the report. It would be good to disable the link. This is required due ot image limitations that need to be on a public site. Perhaps have the same options as "inserting an image" from the dashboard and make these options available for all tiles, not only graphics

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automate or improve report-splitting for multiple dashboards / or link PBI-desktop tabs to services tabs

I have 5 reports with 5 tabs each. I also have 5 dashboards, each linked to one of the reports. All of these originate from a single PBI-desktop file with all 25 tabs in them.

Each time I make some changes in the desktop file and publish it, I have to save the main report into the 5 copies and remove 20 out of 25 tabs in each. Then I have to save the tabs to the dashboards again. This is a tedious, time consuming proces. I wish this proces was somehow automated or improved.

Any of the following would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reproduce the PowerPivot Report Data Feed that lets you connect to an SSRS 2012+ Report Feed.

Add a data sources that allows PowerBI Desktop to connect to an SSRS Report feed in the same way as PowerPivot Data Feed for SSRS. We use SSRS as a data source for users that don't have sql connections as it provides a way to manage security via SSRS folders. It also provides an existing report to PowerBI for additional analytics

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The abbility to add a Text Balloon to a Graph would be very nice.

Selecting the Text Balloon brings up additional information about the content of the Graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Signup is broken

As part of the process to signup for Power BI, MS sends an EMail to verify your EMail address with a "Yes, that's me" link. The link goes to a "Create your account" page which says, bluntly, "We sent a verification code to {email address}. Enter the code to complete signup." Except that I have received no code and there is no mechanism to request or receive a code. THE PROCESS IS FLAWED.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PowerBi Embedded: Available on germany central Azure service

When will the PowerBi Embedded service available in germany central

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calculate with mulitple fields

Ability to calculate for more than 2 different fields from different tables like Add, Subtract , divide, multiply in one go based on the selection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Put different calculations by agregation level

In chart navigation, I would like to be able to change the calculation at the higher aggregation levels. For example, when I display the day I use sum and when I display month I want to display average or the last record of the month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New visualization Soccer heatmap

I was searching on https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/ without luck , a soccer visualization heatmap which provided with player positions on pitch, create a graph similar to this.

https://www.google.es/search?q=soccer+heatmap&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9yZCj7rTSAhXLthQKHZmlDWkQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=956

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dynamic table visualization

Here I have a query that populates result sets dynamically by taking an input parameter.Now the result sets does not have equal number of columns neither they have same column name.So , while using that query to visualize a result set in a table,when I pass another value for the parameter in the query,it creates different result set and as the columns of the new result set is not included in the table value fields,the table view gets invalid. And I have to show result of the query in same visualization.

Is it possible to have a visualization on Report…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom viz in Office store is downloaded as .zip and there is no .pbivz file.

Change the file extension to .pbiviz then I can import to Power BI Desktop and it works.

It seems that Custom visual files in Office store are downloaded as zip file. It should be downloaded as zip file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Bulleted point in content pack description

Please allow us to type the description of the content pack not as a single sentence but as a bulleted point .
    This was we can highlight features and also the chagnes going in each internal release

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow viewers to rate dashboard/reports (feedback for creators)

I personally struggle a lot of times trying to understand the relevance of a dashboard or how up-to-date it is. Especially in large organizations, there are a myriad of boards and it easy to get lost.

Idea: Enable reviewers/visitors to rate dashboard based on relevance and information provided - similar to the GitHub star rating or Amazon product rating.

In short: A feedback system for the creator.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.