• or
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connector for Amazon Public Data Sets (PDS)

The ability to get data from Amazon Public Data Sets (https://registry.opendata.aws/), which includes some real time data sets, would be very nice.
    There are a lot of useful data, which can be used to enrich existing data

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. create and save own color scheme

In our business we have a specific color scheme that all of our reports have to adhere to, it would be REALLY nice to do this! ANY color scheme would be nice, the generic ones are AWFUL, did a blind mule choose them!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide support for using sso with aws redshift data source

Currently we do not have an option to configure SSO for Redshift as a data source. This is needed for us to improve security

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automate the data gateway recovery

No options for automating the Power BI Recovery if the gateway has broken and need to restore using the recovery key . Currently this needs to be carried as a manual process , adding this as a automated process will helps with deploying instances on AWS using the Auto scaling group.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eliminate/remove whitespace/padding from Python visuals on Power BI service

Hi,

I seem to be getting an awful lot of intentionally blank (white) space when uploading Python custom visuals on Power BI service. Running the graph code on PBI Desktop, gives me the desired output, however I'd be more glad if I could display these Python custom visuals on PBI service and in their original state.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Power BI Redshift Integration

Enterprise level security standards are demanding to use SSL certs for connection to data sources, as opposed to plain username/pwd.

The current version of Power BI Desktop only allows to connect to AWS Redshift using Username/Password, and not using SSL certs.

Would you be able to add this feature for security purposes into power BI?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to filter shared dataset by parameter

Currently, shared datasets can be influenced by using parameters which are embedded in the query. It is not possible to use a parameter to filter the data.

I have a dataset which consists of mulitple KPI data (value, target, scale start, scale end, ..). If I use it for KPIs, I have to create an extra cache refresh schedule for each KPI parameter to work as intended. This is awful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fields and filters allowed on QA function, please fields back

please put the field capability back on Q&A, I was able to fully customize reporting on Usage with Fields, so I could create the report just the way we wanted, but now I only see Filters, so is useless because we cannot put the fields we want to customize the Q&A, example enter Virtual Machines, before I could pull the Count of InstanceIDs per Subscription or resource group and quickly provide a report on # of VMs running. Cannot do that anymore. CFO is mad about it. AWS allow easy reporting than us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fields and filters allowed on QA function, please fields back

please put the field capability back on Q&A, I was able to fully customize reporting on Usage with Fields, so I could create the report just the way we wanted, but now I only see Filters, so is useless because we cannot put the fields we want to customize the Q&A, example enter Virtual Machines, before I could pull the Count of InstanceIDs per Subscription or resource group and quickly provide a report on # of VMs running. Cannot do that anymore. CFO is mad about it. AWS allow easy reporting than us.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Power BI desktop for Apple

I don't use an AppleMac myself, but I do promote PowerBI to my clients. If the client I am working with have a large number of Apple MacBook users, then it becomes very difficult to convince them that PowerBI is the way to go. My current client is considering Power BI vs AWS Quicksight, but with the lack of a desktop client for Apple, it is hard to justify Power BI, in spite of the fact that I believe it is a much better product.
    Is there anything planned to develop and Apple product, or a product which is hardware…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Send your own emails with valid links in them

Since you send newsletters (Improved navigation and notifications in Power BI Mobile!) where the unsubscribe link takes you to a broken page, I feel you should add yourselves to your block list in SNDS. Then you can go mitigate your own IPs and fix your own email problems before you cause problems for other ESPs when you block 100% legitimate/well-formed messages.

And I have to close my browser because you have a bad page? Did you get your tech support from AOL or what?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/215036/1686232/vRbtKainU8Aw0PS/upload.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Grouping of rows in pivot table

When producing a P&L in Power BI i would love to be able to group different rows in subtotals and then group subtotals into "major" subtotals and eventually reach an Grand Total, i.e., bottom line.

I can do this in the query by grouping different rows based on values in a certain column, but it would be terrific if I, inside the BI, could just snap different rows in an visual and tell these rows to create their own sum in the bottom of the selected rows.

Also if i group the rows in the query, it will get several…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comparing two components using a Radar Chart visual

Have the ability to compare two components using Radar Charts. These could be measured against different axis like seen in the link:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&biw=1920&bih=983&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=hjL5XOSGEaualwTo0qS4Aw&q=radar+chart&oq=radar+chart&gs_l=img.3..0i67j0l4j0i67j0l4.13206.14597..14850...0.0..0.116.795.10j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.EOd9pe-fSOw#imgrc=Ol9Gdv1EAquCxM:&spf=1559835287326

A working example for myself might be comparing the characteristics of two tenants as I work for a Housing Association. It would allow me to better understand the finer details of our customer base within our personas currently set out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Report Searching and File Management in Workspace: Sorting by Date

I struggle to find report once published to PowerBI workspace.

Searching capability is minimal and haphazard

There is no way to view published reports by publication date which is astonishing to me as this is one of the most basic file management views known to civilised man

I have raised this with Support but they will not do anything to improve this unless this "idea" gets support

I am astonished that such a basic function needs to be crowd sourced before MSFT will get off its ass and fix it

I have found that Workspaces seem to have physical report…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.