Power BI Ideas

• or
  1. Set default theme

Give users the ability to set a theme (either an out-of-the-box or custom theme) as their default for all reports created in Power BI Desktop.

*** Original idea text below:

A dedicated place to set defaults for all Power Bi visuals. If I always want my titles to be 15pt font, and my general font to be 12 pt, I currently have to set on each visual.

448 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability for authorized users of an Enterprise gateway connection to use credentials from that connection in Power BI desktop.

We would like to enable a large set of users to access an Oracle data warehouse that does not support AD authentication. Currently they access the EDW thru Hyperion IR with an embedded service account providing access to the data. In other words, access to the data is restricted by the application i.e. Hyperion vs by the database.

It would be awesome if these users could be authorized to the Enterprise gateway connection which was setup for this warehouse and then inherit the service account credentials saved in the gateway connection to connect to the warehouse from Power BI…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove data type limits in formulas

Limits in formulas because of datatype

Hi! I dont know if its only me having this problem but in excel I have never had difficulties creating advanced formulas with different types of data, for example making a sum (value) when I find a specific word (text). In Power BI I have set the datatype the same for several columns of which I need to create new calculated columns for in my report. But when trying to add a new formula column i get the error that the formula cant work with different datatypes (expressions that yield variant data-type cannot be…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. https://g.co/recover

Gmail Account Recovery With https://g.co/recover

Gmail is the most compelling webmail supplier that gives an extraordinary impact on the customer and making a transitional impact on the client. The isolated methodology of the record recuperation without utilizing the phone number can get finished with the client group.

The Gmail administration that is given is the need and gives a striking way to deal with the client. The assistance is given to the customer at the most accurate. The upkeep should be possible without hardly lifting a finger of access. The contrivances of the Gmail, for example, the logging issue, overlooked…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Using measures to dynamically fill in parts of text boxes

It would be nice to be able to fill in parts of text boxes dynamically based on measures. Currently this is only possible with the card object, but this is very limited if you really want to include long texts. Also, the entire text then needs to be in a measure which is sub optimal.

What would be a better solution is to add text to a text box with a variable in it that references the measure. For example:

Lorem {{MEASURE1}} dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut…

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Omni Dashboard Toggler

This should be a one stop all in one solution where user can do following customizations:
    1. Switch between multiple dashboards (shared)
    2. Customize the dashboard views and background
    3. Customize the charts - 2D/3D, change to pie/line/bars/hologram/scattered/maps etc, different templates or color combinations selectors for graphs.
    4. Cross functional or multi tier - dashboards
    5. Restrict the content viewed based on the type of user (e.g. a company slaes history data:
    A CEO should see all the details including finance and sales, who made the sales, how each sales person performed and their KPIs based on state/ zone /global…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic step name, convert text to object in PowerQuery

1) Allow concatenation on the left side of a step. For instance,
    let
    x = 1,

"y" & x = 2 .

So actually the name of the last step would be 'y1'.
    2) Create some reserved word to be used in 'in' part of 'let ...in' for the last step. This will make the code easier to write and will help with the previous point I've mentioned. For example,
    let
    x = 1,
    VeryLongTextOrConcatenated = 1
    in
    Last. This will mean below
    let
    x = 1,
    VeryLongTextOrConcatenated = 1
    in
    VeryLongTextOrConcatenated
    3) Create some function similar to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a Power BI Runtime/Viewer Version

Microsoft has a history of providing a runtime/viewer interface for it's product offerings (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Excel). Power BI is the PERFECT example of an application where such a product would greatly benefit the analytic community.
    For example, I work in a company with 300 people. One of us (me) builds Access database solutions and thus holds a product license. Everyone else simply uses the MS Access Runtime program (free viewer version) to interact with the databases I build. Talk about a win! WIthout runtime we would simply avoid the program altogether. With runtime, users make great use of…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Font Color and background color in Text Box

Please enable Font Color and background color in Text Box that would be very useful

465 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Donut and Pie Charts - % of the Wedge

Dears:

Recently (I think with Abril update), we have the ability to see in both, Pie and Donut charts, the value and % of the total when you mouse-over the wedge itself.

Secondly, if you select in another graph and you come back with your mouse over the Wedge, you can see the % of the total for the whole wedge and the highlighted value (in value and % too), representing this again the % of the total over the total graph value

But, now, here goes my question. What about the % that the highlighted part represent over the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How To Recover Gmail Account Password?

There are some good answers here, and Google will be able to help you recover your information, so I’m not going to retype that information here. What I am going to tell you is to create a strong password that is easy for you to remember, and don’t write it down. That’s right, don’t write it down. Don’t use the password anywhere else. Unable to fix How to recover gmail account password Don’t use anything to easily identify you like your birth date, street number, name, etc. Don’t use words in the dictionary.

You’ll be asked…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Online Survey Jobs: Earn from 20 Best Paid Survey Sites

https://onlinefreeearningtips.com/online-survey-jobs-earn-from-20-best-paid-survey-sites/

Online Survey Jobs: How to Get Paid?
    First I will clarify you about the idea of online reviews in a word and after that I will demonstrate to you the absolute best study destinations where you can get online overview jobs.

What is Online Survey?
    MNC’s (worldwide organizations) need to develop their business by expanding the clearance of their items. They can do this on the off chance that they know the careful taste of the general population they need in any product.

By taking the input from the general population through online reviews, they can make another item…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Relative Date Slicer - ALL Dates

Hi, I have mentioned this in the comments of another idea. I am hoping that if I create a new idea it will get more attention.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19321789-dynamic-date-slicer-improve-relative-date-slicer

The idea is:

In the drop down on the relative date slicer. There should be the ability to turn off the slicer or in other words. Pick all dates.

Currently, the only way around this is to turn the relative slicer in to a list/drop down and then back again to a relative date slicer. The ability to do this is often hidden when the date slicer box is too small. So…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Relative Date Slicer allows selection of start and end dates.

The Relative Date Slicer is nice and works very well. I've been using it since it was released for preview. However I would love if it could behave like the date slicer where I could pick any random start and end values once the report is loaded. Sometimes you need to dig through the data and see its behavior in different time periods, but you also want the report to be loaded to the latest "week" or "month" like the relative date slicer allows. My idea would be to allow the slicer to have a default relative date like "last…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Buy Lyrica 25, 50 & 100mg (pregabalin)

Cheap generic lyrica online with fast worldwide shipping. In our online pharmacy a large variety of medicines including the lyrica without prescription from category of anti convulsant.
    Buy Lyrica CLICK HERE-- http://dedics.info/?q=Lyrica LOW PRICE!

Top offers Lyrica online http://dedics.info/?q=Lyrica <----CLICK HERE Link Below

Buy Lyrica 25, 50 & 100mg (pregabalin) from The Canadian Pharmacy and save! A fully licensed CIPA certified online pharmacy.
    Our company specialized to shipping Lyrica to UK, USA directly from India, we have best prices on Generic Lyrica, we guarantee delivery and best shipping time. We always have in stock Pregabalin 75mg or 150mg.
    Lyrica Buy…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Buy Lyrica 25, 50 & 100mg (pregabalin)

Cheap generic lyrica online with fast worldwide shipping. In our online pharmacy a large variety of medicines including the lyrica without prescription from category of anti convulsant.
    Buy Lyrica CLICK HERE-- http://dedics.info/?q=Lyrica LOW PRICE!

Top offers Lyrica online http://dedics.info/?q=Lyrica <----CLICK HERE Link Below

Buy Lyrica 25, 50 & 100mg (pregabalin) from The Canadian Pharmacy and save! A fully licensed CIPA certified online pharmacy.
    Our company specialized to shipping Lyrica to UK, USA directly from India, we have best prices on Generic Lyrica, we guarantee delivery and best shipping time. We always have in stock Pregabalin 75mg or 150mg.
    Lyrica Buy…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mirroring data source file

How does it work today : we can inport into Power BI Desktop an Excel file hosted on a Sharepoint folder, as a data source. Once imported as a data model, if the excel file is updated at the source location (sharepoint folder), Power BI can refresh the whole data set and we see the update. That's good.

What is missing today : in Power BI Desktop, we can transform the imported data (from file1) adding new columns, modifying the same columns and rows, we can make a query to return results into a new table, we can merge queries…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Default Visuals

Power BI has been out for awhile now and, while it's great that Vertipaq and M engine have dedicated resources, there appears to be little love for improving the default visuals. There are still many giant gaps missing from almost every one of them.

This failure to address the visual aspect of PBI is what's preventing the Tableau and Qlik communities from jumping ship. Their response is ALWAYS, "the visuals can do 80% of what I need but it's missing the other 20%". Unfortunately this missing 20% cannot be "hacked" like it can be Tableau - if it's not an…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Google Account Recovery

One of the basic security problems for us and the companies we deal with is how to handle the situation that arises when someone calls or emails and claims they have lost their password. This is called "Account Recovery" and I'll be looking at a few companies in upcoming issues. This month it is Google's turn.

There are two things that you need to do:
    Think about it. - Sorry, you really should invest 10 or 15 minutes on this.
    Check and see how it is setup now, and if that makes sense for you.

What Google Does: …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to Change AOL Password 1?

A password is a way to authenticate yourself to a particular email address and after using it anyone can access your emails, your data and everything which you have on your email id. So, if you think that someone has your password or it has been compromised at any point of time then you must change the password immediately. Here we’re going to tell the simple steps so that you can change your AOL password easily.

Steps to change AOL Password :
    Click on account security
    Find Change Pass…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.