Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drill through Choose the drill throughs you dont want to show

I have a report with lots of drill throughs and in some cases I'm given more Drill through reports than I would like

For example, I have a top level report and drill through to a region. I then Drill through on another category to a detail report containing all the data (Line By Line). I have a drill through to the one data item from this report. However, bycause region is also in this table I click on a row and can choose my lowest level drill through AND the Region Drill through that I clicked on earlier.

I…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto fit all visualizations within a report

it would be great if there were a way to just auto arrange all the visualizations used in a report. I would like to have an option, perhaps in the View tab to click or turn on where Power BI would auto arrange and fit the visualizations i've used in a report. I would like this auto fit not only to automatically size my visualizations, align them, space them appropriately... but also have a native visual hierarchy such as Slicers would be on the top, or maybe on the left. If cards are used, they would be on the top,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grouped Visuals should scroll together

When grouping visuals that have scroll features, we should have the ability to make them scroll together. I understand not making this a blanket rule, but the option would be great so you could have two longer charts - something like a timeline - where the users can scroll back in time. Having two of these on the same page is frequent so if we grouped them, it would be nice to have them scroll together.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide column header in Visual Table and Matrix

Sometimes its needed to hide column header in Visual Table and Matrix and show only Grid without any headers

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to sort the drillthrough pages

It would be nice if allow to sort the drill through pages. Currently we cannot change the sort order of the drill through pages and they show as the page created order.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove unwanted filters cluttering filter pane

Right now I often have around 10 fields incorporated in a visual. I like to include alot of relevant data points as tooltips. Because every used field jumps to the filter pane, the filter pane gets very cluttered with filters I do not care about. For instance, when I create a map using latitude and longitude, there are automatically filters for these fields. I will never want to filter based on these fields. I find myself having to scroll way down to the bottom of the filter page to drag/drop desired fields into the filter pane.

Additionally, I usually want…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. for better accessibility, allow devs to set a dark/high contrast background for ease of use

I'm visually impaired in my right eye so I find it difficult to work with bright white layouts and tool bars and data/graph icons. I can't be alone in this. Please can you make it possible to create a dark/night time dev screen. The previous theme was manageable but the bright June 2019 has put me at a significant disadvantage.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Where is my created measure?

After creating a measure, it will be good to have a notification or highlight about where the latest measure got created. It is created by default in the table which was selected in the model before we created the measure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow slicer selections to act like buttons for bookmarks

With each slicer selection certain bookmarks are view-able so that multiple actions can be performed seemingly on one button.

Example:
    Slicer 1 = A, B & C (in a drop down menu)
    When A is Clicked buttons for Current Day, WTD, MTD & YTD are shown.
    When Current Day is selected a table shows for A Current Day (per the action associated to the button).

If B is selected in the slicer, buttons for Current Day, WTD, MTD & YTD are shown (but these are buttons placed on top of buttons).
    If Current Day is selected then B Current Day…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conditional Formatting Labels issue in Selection Pane

Hi,

The Conditional Formatting (CF) for Labels feature is great, been looking for that for a long time. It solves loads of my problems, however it now creates one.

In Selection Pane, the visuals with a conditional formatted label appear with that text. If you change it it completely replaces the formula for conditional formatting. I need to rename the visuals in Selection Pane so I know which is which. I remember before CF being introduced, I used to turn title on, name the visual, then turn title off so I can visualise them in Selection Pane. Which means they…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More user-friendly report page navigation in Power BI Desktop & Power BI.com

Power BI Desktop:
    Could we please change the canvas view so that report page tabs appear as a list that can be easily navigated/modified on the left side of the page instead of at the bottom?
    If this view could be collapsed/expanded in a similar fashion to the Visualisations and Fields panes that would be great.

Power BI.com:
    When viewing the report page tabs list in PowerBI.com, could we make it possible to minimise the report page tabs list on the left (similar to how you can collapse/expand the Filters pane on the right)? This allows a better full screen…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drill down button activated

In our reports, we always need to have drill-down (the single flash facing down) arrow to be activated. Any solution we can have it activated when we publish a report? I mean the default status=activated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multi or Dual y-axis/scale Line Chart

Please provide Multi or Dual y-axis/scale Line Chart visual functionality.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. By default, the relative date slicer set Sunday as the first day of week. Currently, there is no possible way to change this default setting

By default, the relative date slicer set Sunday as the first day of week. Currently, there is no possible way to change this default setting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I duplicate a page, I want the new page next to the old page, instead of at the end.

Currently, a duplicated page is addes as last page in the list. This should be next to the duplicated page (or interactively with a prompt like in Excel).

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Publishing Power BI Reports using XMLA to Service

Reports that are using PBIP Server(XLMA) as Azure AS data source in Power BI Service is currently not supported. Enable this functionalities will let us to publish report to different App workspace which Power BI Datasets connector is not allowed to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow bookmarks and bookmark folders to be exported to pdf

The Export to pdf functionality allows us to export or print the report pages. But it would be nice if we could also print/export the bookmarks (all of them or just a folder/group)

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto expand of formula bar

When I'm in the report function designing my dashboards, it annoys the **bleep** out of me that each time when I click on a custom table/ custom column the formula bar expands by default. 9 out of 10 times I'm not even interested in the formula bar.

Would be nice if there is a function to disable the formula bar in Report or open it by default as 1 visible line?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search box when publishing

When you're a report author and probably owns a lot of workspaces, you may experience the same as I do currently. When publishing content to an app-workspace I'll get a list of all my available workspaces. It would be handy to have a search box in the window where you pick the workspace to deploy your Power BI content to.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. slicer has no property for aligning (left, right or center) "visual header".

add a alighn property to slicer "visual header" to make it left, right or center align.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.