Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerBI reports and dashboard on-premise hosting

As per available documentation, power bi reports and dashboards will be published to microsoft cloud. It is very awesome approach as it saves all overhead of maintaining infrastructure. But there are case where on-premise hosting is required, Can we configure on-premise server to host power bi reports just like SSRS reports?

2,520 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

342 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Riccardo Muti responded

Hi everyone,

With Power BI Report Server now generally available (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/report-server/), we’re marking this idea completed. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for participating in this community over the past few months and taking time out of your busy days to try the previews and share your feedback; I can’t overemphasize how much we appreciate it and how much it contributes to the product.

In case you missed it, check out our recent blog post, “A closer look at Power BI Report Server” (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2017/05/17/a-closer-look-at-power-bi-report-server/).

While the June 2017 release supports Power BI reports that connect “live” to Analysis Services, we’re hard at work on integrating the Power Query/M-language and Analysis Services/DAX engines to unlock direct connectivity to the other Power BI Desktop data sources, targeted for later this (calendar) year.

We’ve now created a “Report Server” category…

2. Connect Multidimensional to SQL Server Standard License

With the removal of the connection to SQL Server Standard License (worked with the first preview) the potentials to a lot of Power BI users is out.
    The entire SME business is left out to use this feature although you can still use the connection through Excel and Pivot.
    Ideal would be to be moved this license restriction to Power BI Pro account instead of the free version.

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow people with Power BI Pro on Business Essentials to get the Support they paid for

Currently this is the way Power BI Pro customers are suppossed to get support:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/powerbisupport/archive/2015/08/13/how-to-create-a-service-request-to-contact-power-bi-support.aspx

But when I went to my O365 tenant there was no option to create a service request! So I checked with the ever helpful O365 tech support and we figured out the following by comparing the two types of tenants:

1. We have a Business Essential tenant not an Enterprise tenant.
    2. The former is not set up to open service request, perhaps because before Power BI there were no service type products you could add to a Business Essential protal (Dynamic CRM apparently requires…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When will PowerBI be covered by Trust Centers?

I work for a multinational company and we are eager to use PowerBI, but since it is not covered through any Trust Center such as:
    Office 365 https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-trust-center-cloud-computing-security?legRedir...
    Azure http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/trust-center/

We are not allowed to use it yet. When will it be available?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When are you going to host power Bi in Australian data centers?

Hi,

When are you planning to host Power BI in Australian Data centers?

Thanks,
    Amit

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Power BI for Office 365 and Power BI "new experience" available in Brazil

Considering the information in the following link

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/international-availability

Power BI for Office 365 and Power BI "new experience" are not available in Brazil.
    Brazil does already have access to all other services, including Azure and Office 365.
    We do already have one of the Microsoft Data Centers is in Brazil (Brazil South).
    But, for any unknown reason, Power Bi is not available in Brazil.
    It'as a wonderfull tool, and the next step for Microsoft BI Developers, like me.
    Please, consider making it available for us as soon as possible.

Thanks

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support changing the primary email / Support sending email to alternate email addresses

Right now with Power BI, I can have emails sent only to my primary email. I need to the provision to add an alternate email address that can be used to contact me. This is very important if I am using an "OnMicrosoft" email address

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. By opening the Preview up to users in the rest of the world also!

It seems the preview is not available in Europe. At least not in The Netherlands. I would love to participate, if you would allow me to have a look I am happy to share my thoughts/ideas!

Regards,

Lucas

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.