Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reports with pro content should be a viewable to non pro/standard users the reports with a pop up asking for subscribe

In our organization with 5k users have 0 365 E3 License . There are few user who author reports or create the report and rest are just consumer of report. This is a request to allow reports created with pro content by pro user should be available for viewing and not editing by non pro user. This report viewing should be seamless without any pop up screen for non pro users of 0365

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Access for Free Licenses

It would increase organizational dependency if free users could view reports in group workspaces.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. User Provisioning

Provide REST based APIs that enable the assignment of Power BI licenses to be automate and integrated into an existing approvals process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow PowerBI Pro on Office365 Small Business licenses

Currently there is the strange approach that we can test PowerBI Pro on Office 365 Small Business licenses, but we are unable to purchase it. That's extremely stupid. We'd be happy to pay for it, if we could.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Users with .gov in email address

This is pretty urgent issue for us - we are Gold Certified Microsoft resellers and we have been pushing PowerBI as "the" most important thing to have - trouble is all of our customers are government customers and they have the ".gov" in their business email address.
    Please can you advise when you expect to have the ability to allow users with ".gov" in email address to sign up for PowerBI. NOTE: we most likely will be PowerBI Pro licenses to them so they will be paying customers!!! We were planning on showcasing PowerBI next week at a user Conference…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Combine OneDrive with Azure

Currently to pin Excel tiles you need OneDrive for business. With Power BI Pro licensing we already pay for storage in Azure but have no need for OneDrive other than hosting files for the Excel style visualization. It would be nice if the storage purchased with the Pro license also applied to OneDrive so we could access Excel style reports without having to add $5 a user for additional storage we'll never use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Power BI - PaaS for scalability

Move Power BI from SaaS to Platform as Service to scale users & performance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If a Pro feature is being used, highlight which feature it is.

If a dashboard has a pro feature activated, its difficult to know which feature it is. Most of the time it ends up being that multiple refreshes per day have been configured by accident, but highlighting the pro feature in place would help us know why its pro.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Isolated network

Use the Power BI full Capabilities and Architecture is a isolated network

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Align Update/Release of "Power" tools across Off ProPlus & 365

Align Update/Release of "Power" tools across Off ProPlus & 365
    Related to Excel itself and "Power" tools, but this will impact powerBI too.

Eg with Power Maps: Right now, users with Off365 get frequent updates with new features for Power Maps while Pro Plus users can't update until Office 2016.
    This makes it impossiblele to share files with partnering companies.
    - Not sure if all the "Power" components (Query, Pivot, View) follow the same update strategy, and
    - Not sure if your plan is to keep this strategy in the future

We need updates / releases to be aligned and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the product work!

I had a coworker send me PowerBI workbook link via email. When I clicked on it, it said that I wasn't licensed for PowerBI and offered a free trial. I accpeted the offer and tried to set up power BI account for free trial but then it said I already had a PowerBI account but still wouldn't show me the document. Multiple attempts in this loop I have given up. But.... then seconds later I get a "Welcome to PowerBI" advertising email about PowerBI. Frustrated, I immediately got to select the "unsubscribe" option from the email but guess what? It…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow creation of free accounts by synching with Azure AD

We have quite a few users that we will want to sign up for our organization. Instead of requiring each individual go to the Power BI website and create their own free account and then have us assign rights to each user, it would be a lot easier if we could select a group(s) from Azure AD to automatically create Power BI free accounts for and then we can assign the permissions per dashboard and report immediately.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Brasil

We want to buy this product, but it is not available for Brasil.
    Please make it available
    [Power BI].

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Release a version for Office 365 Home users!

As an Office 365 Home user, I would love to take advantage of Power BI - and would even be prepared to pay a subscription fee to access it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a small business friendly pricing tier

The price of Power BI Pro at $9.99/user/month is steep for small business and start-ups on a tight budget. You should have a small business pricing tier, such as up to 5 users, at $4.99/user/month. Then, you can charge the big dogs (6+ users) the $9.99 rate.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Give Admins the ability to Turn Off "Try New PowerBI" banner

If your tenant admin has turned off adhoc subscriptions, do not show the "Try New PowerBI" banner, or allow admins to turn off the banner directly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to edit archived content pack

We recently switched from the PowerBI 60 day trial to a PowerBI pro license. Suddenly we aren't able to edit the content packs we built. I need to delete the old content packs so users don't use outdated figures!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a standalone Onedrive for Business License

Many larger organization have their own Exchange &/orSharePoint servers and aren't interested in O365 cabilities like that. Power BI groups however requires at least the Business Essential O365 license so you can get a group Power BI onedrive and Excel Online. Microsoft at some point offered this, why did it go away?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. production data plan/executions

Wants to coonect to follow up production execution and compare it to plan (Microsoft Dynamic, Project Pro..)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrating Commercial chart library in Power BI without open sourcing it?

You have created an open source framework "Power BI Visuals" , if any body want to integrate his custom charts in power BI, he has to develop the charts based on the standard set by this framework. Once any custom chart is added in this framework, it will be open source automatically. I have a custom charts library and i do not want to open source my library but still want to use my charts in Power BI, is there any option for that? what i want is , Only i should be able to use my charts in power…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting feedback. To be clear: while the open source framework requires pull requests to be licensed under MIT, it does not mean you must open source your implementations. You can implement the IVisual interface in your own code. We will provide a way for you to upload your visual and use it within Power BI, though it’s a little early to comment on how/when that would be enabled.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.