Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is a need for a separate forum for Power BI Premium

Can we have a new forum dedicated to Power BI Premium please ? I would assume that you'll soon be getting a lot of questions relating to this directly as more organisations adopt it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Any Certified Custom Visuals have any additional license Cost?

There are certiifed custom visuals for the Power BI ? To use those in the reporting for commercial product, we need to pay any additional license cost?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Freelance Users

How about letting people who do not have a work or school email address, but have paid the high price of Office product, also access Power BI. For example, freelance researchers and other data self employed scientists who would get great use from this feature. We increasingly live in a 'gig' economy, so why has Microsoft failed to move with this trend?????

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Buy fake and real passports,id cards,driver license online(alahmarsaif@gmail.com) Purchase registered and unregistered passport of all cou

Buy fake and real passports,id cards,driver license online(alahmarsaif@gmail.com)

Purchase registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,biometric
    passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards.Training certificates M
    GCSE, A-levels,
    High School Diploma Certificates ,GMAT, MCAT, and
    Certificates ,
    novelty Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates , Novelty Passports and New
    Identity Packages , Replicated, False Degrees/Diplomas from most post-secondary
    institutions from around the world (we have over 3000 templates on file) all
    designed to look 100% identical to the original.Custom Printing
    We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and counterfeit
    documents.All secret features of real passports are carefully duplicated for our
    Registered…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option for Corporate Licenses to be extended to evaluate the Power of BI

To really evaluate the benefits of Power BI with the end users, 60 days does not provide enough time to explore this option.

1. Learn the software
    2. Create the data-sets and dashboards
    3. Publish the Dashboard
    4. Get Feedback and Evaluate with End Users

Currently Power BI is being evaluated by Coca-Cola Hellenic Ireland. The opportunity to adopt this solution by 26 countries could be missed because of the 60 day trail.

Options to extent trail period based on scale of business

Keith

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Power BI Pricing

Way to expensive for the POWER BI with recent change. I want to share with my sales folks their sales numbers. To pay $10/month per sales person to see their numbers is to expensive. Either charge $10 for the one person sharing but not those receiving or else $1 for each person that is linked to the system. Current pricing will kill Power BI usage when it may be a good product. Unless pricing improves, I will stop using it in our company.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Power BI Pro Free 365 day license disabled

Had an user that was sign in for the Power BI Pro Extended Trial License (365) and out of the sudden stopped having access to the Pro Workgroup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need BI pro

Please i need BI PRO for a little more time hahaa

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Billing Power BI Premium with Azure

Power BI Embedded was billed as Azure Resources, allowing us to budget costs with any active agreement and with related resources.

Power BI Premium seems to leave this model to switch to an independent billed subscription with no relation with Azure.

As ISV/SaaS, it will certainly restrain adoption, because our business model is heavily related to Azure (and not Office 365).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Do not prompt licensed & authenticated users for Power BI trial sign-up

Even if licensed and authenticated with O365 the first time a person attempts to view a dashboard they are prompted to sign up for Power BI. Subsequent visits to app.powerbi.com do not prompt for sign-up.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. License-based usage metrics for Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium customers can publish to either the dedicated capacity or the multi-tenant service, and have the ability to move reports from one to the other. However, if a report is moved from dedicated to multi-tenant, free users will no longer have access. Usage metrics that include the license type of the consumers would help admins understand which reports are good candidates to move from dedicated to multi-tenant and if they need to add pro licenses for users of reports that have been moved to multi-tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Power BI “enterprise” service

Background
    I have several dashboards with *** content. These dashboards are however not accessible to my customers since they may not have Pro licenses or could not signed to Power BI service. This is a very big problem for me. I am willing to buy Pro licenses to my customers but it doesn’t work.
    The only way for me seems to be Power BI embedded. I have in fact read much on that in web. The conclusion is simply – too difficult! Why I need embedded?

Idea – Power BI “enterprise” service
    The “enterprise” service is, in the beginning, a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Do not remove all user-developed content, gateways, scheduled refreshes, etc when switching from Pro trial to purchased license

We worked with Power BI Pro throughout the free trial period. We then purchased licenses, and applied them. Everything we had developed with the trial version was removed when the licenses were applied. This included our gateway, scheduled refreshes, etc.

I've never had this happen when moving from a trial version to a purchased / production version. I'm now concerned that we could face this again in 12 months when our current license expires and we switch to new license keys.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Power BI Pro can add related individual account without extra fee

Currently, Power BI PRO paid $9.99 user/month.
    If another user want to subscribe report, they need to purchase Power BI Pro.
    Is possible to add related individual account without extra fee?
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can Microsoft move Azure related services from PBI Pro content to free content?

Power BI free content are too limited and no addings since beginning while all new features are added into Pro content. When PBI developers demo and promote the solution to customers, there will be gap between the expectation and actual TCO. PBI solutions set up the expectation to stream data in cloud for free like Google analytics, Salesforce, etc. However, PBI solutions charge on sourcing data from Azure subscription. So, we have three questions for your feedback and one suggestion for your consideration.
    1) For strategy perspective, to support Microsoft Cloud-First, Mobile-First strategy, considered Azure and data analytics(PBI)are your cloud…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add live.com for developers access to power BI service

As an independent developer, I need to learn new skills on my own time. I was disappointed to learn that I could not sign up for Power BI Service using my Live.com account. Normally, Microsoft is very good at giving developers access to their tools using their home business account. In this case, I actually had to use my customer account. When my contract runs out, I will not be able to continue learning critical skills.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office 365 Groups and External Users

As a financial accounting and consulting firm, we have to work with a lot of users outside our domain network. We want to provide BI and Dashboard services for those clients. Power BI doesn't have a great solution for managing multiple external clients currently.

Our specific issue is that we can create an office 365 group, add an external user to that group, and assign that user a Power BI pro licenses, but that user cannot access the group work space in power BI. It throws an azure active directory error. This doesn't make sense. They can use the other…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I forgot my account password,how to find it back?

I forgot my account password,how to find it back?
    I tried to find password by receiving your Verification Code ,but my email can't recevie.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Power BI availability in China

My O365 tenant is provisioned in China and I can’t sign up for Power BI because my regions is not supported. Is there a reason for this? Is Power BI going to be available for China anytime soon?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.