Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Billing Power BI Premium with Azure

Power BI Embedded was billed as Azure Resources, allowing us to budget costs with any active agreement and with related resources.

Power BI Premium seems to leave this model to switch to an independent billed subscription with no relation with Azure.

As ISV/SaaS, it will certainly restrain adoption, because our business model is heavily related to Azure (and not Office 365).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do not prompt licensed & authenticated users for Power BI trial sign-up

Even if licensed and authenticated with O365 the first time a person attempts to view a dashboard they are prompted to sign up for Power BI. Subsequent visits to app.powerbi.com do not prompt for sign-up.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. License-based usage metrics for Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium customers can publish to either the dedicated capacity or the multi-tenant service, and have the ability to move reports from one to the other. However, if a report is moved from dedicated to multi-tenant, free users will no longer have access. Usage metrics that include the license type of the consumers would help admins understand which reports are good candidates to move from dedicated to multi-tenant and if they need to add pro licenses for users of reports that have been moved to multi-tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Power BI “enterprise” service

Background
    I have several dashboards with *** content. These dashboards are however not accessible to my customers since they may not have Pro licenses or could not signed to Power BI service. This is a very big problem for me. I am willing to buy Pro licenses to my customers but it doesn’t work.
    The only way for me seems to be Power BI embedded. I have in fact read much on that in web. The conclusion is simply – too difficult! Why I need embedded?

Idea – Power BI “enterprise” service
    The “enterprise” service is, in the beginning, a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do not remove all user-developed content, gateways, scheduled refreshes, etc when switching from Pro trial to purchased license

We worked with Power BI Pro throughout the free trial period. We then purchased licenses, and applied them. Everything we had developed with the trial version was removed when the licenses were applied. This included our gateway, scheduled refreshes, etc.

I've never had this happen when moving from a trial version to a purchased / production version. I'm now concerned that we could face this again in 12 months when our current license expires and we switch to new license keys.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Power BI Pro can add related individual account without extra fee

Currently, Power BI PRO paid $9.99 user/month.
    If another user want to subscribe report, they need to purchase Power BI Pro.
    Is possible to add related individual account without extra fee?
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can Microsoft move Azure related services from PBI Pro content to free content?

Power BI free content are too limited and no addings since beginning while all new features are added into Pro content. When PBI developers demo and promote the solution to customers, there will be gap between the expectation and actual TCO. PBI solutions set up the expectation to stream data in cloud for free like Google analytics, Salesforce, etc. However, PBI solutions charge on sourcing data from Azure subscription. So, we have three questions for your feedback and one suggestion for your consideration.
    1) For strategy perspective, to support Microsoft Cloud-First, Mobile-First strategy, considered Azure and data analytics(PBI)are your cloud…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add live.com for developers access to power BI service

As an independent developer, I need to learn new skills on my own time. I was disappointed to learn that I could not sign up for Power BI Service using my Live.com account. Normally, Microsoft is very good at giving developers access to their tools using their home business account. In this case, I actually had to use my customer account. When my contract runs out, I will not be able to continue learning critical skills.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office 365 Groups and External Users

As a financial accounting and consulting firm, we have to work with a lot of users outside our domain network. We want to provide BI and Dashboard services for those clients. Power BI doesn't have a great solution for managing multiple external clients currently.

Our specific issue is that we can create an office 365 group, add an external user to that group, and assign that user a Power BI pro licenses, but that user cannot access the group work space in power BI. It throws an azure active directory error. This doesn't make sense. They can use the other…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. confirm email

I do not receive the confirmation email to register.
    I use a business email account (@ bigestion.es) and we have verified that it is not a problem of antispam filters.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I forgot my account password,how to find it back?

I forgot my account password,how to find it back?
    I tried to find password by receiving your Verification Code ,but my email can't recevie.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Power BI availability in China

My O365 tenant is provisioned in China and I can’t sign up for Power BI because my regions is not supported. Is there a reason for this? Is Power BI going to be available for China anytime soon?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. es posible suscribirse con una cuenta personal? como con mi cuenta de outlook, lo intento pero solo permite con una cuenta corporativa

es posible suscribirse con una cuenta personal? como con mi cuenta de outlook, lo intento pero solo permite con una cuenta corporativa

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Account close documentation

Account close documentation needed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. external consultant

can an external consultant use power bi desktop to provide analysis to its customers (providing them with the file containing the dashboard)? is it permitted by the license? Some free software allow a commercial use only inside the organization. Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power BI Group Workspaces

Please make this a standard feature for anyone with Office 365 Pro Plus. Currently content created and hosted in group workspaces by means of 'connect to power BI' from Excel can only be accessed by those with a PBI pro licence

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SQL 2016 Mobile report & KPI

Why the mobile report & KPI features only available on the SQL 2016 Enterprise edition. It is a very bad decision especially that the BI Edition is removed. Opening the SQL 2016 Mobile Report and KPI features to the Standard Edition can promote the Power BI to the SMB enterprise

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More Space on CLoud for enterprise

Currently there is a 10 gb limit per user on BI service cloud. But if an organisations reporting requirements exceeds bringing datasets more than 10 Gb on the cloud, how can this be achieved?

Can multiple users in a workgroup share some spaces from their quota for this??? how is this done?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reports with pro content should be a viewable to non pro/standard users the reports with a pop up asking for subscribe

In our organization with 5k users have 0 365 E3 License . There are few user who author reports or create the report and rest are just consumer of report. This is a request to allow reports created with pro content by pro user should be available for viewing and not editing by non pro user. This report viewing should be seamless without any pop up screen for non pro users of 0365

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.