Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Migrating dashboards

My team has built some dashboards that reside in our Power BI Sharepoint site? I can not find any clear documentation explaining how to migrate these to PowerBI.com? Does my team have to completely rebuild these dashboards in PowerBI.com?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Count Distinct in Q & A & Dashboard Views

It seems that when I send a query such as "Count Distinct of Item Title" from my data set, it ignores Distinct, and only provides a summary. Likewise, if I create a report that uses count distinct, and pin it to the dashboard, it treats it as Count (not blank), so the wrong value appears in the dashboard.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to change the data source used in a Q&A result

When I have multiple data sources, typing a question doesn't always bring back the right data. I need to be able to change which workbook/connection Q&A uses to show me results.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need to be able to send a URL to a Q&A result like we do today. This is super critical to make it scalable!

Currently we use Q&A for all reporting and analytics purpose and the way we do it is to generate a required view through Q&A and send people the link, who can just keep the link which will always provide updated data whenever underlying Q&A workbook refrehes (daily).

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve Q&A info navigation by understanding R and SQL logical conventions

Currently Q&A natural language only works for the simplest data statements. For almost all of our data models, it would help A LOT if Q&A could understand some specific logical statements which would allow us to identify non-ambiguously some subsetted information to chart. I can add examples if you'd like. Currently Q&A is too primitive for more complex data models with some ambiguities.
    (although I love the natural language dream, it's not really good enough yet for our scenarios and data models.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Arithmetic in Q&A questions

I want to be able to write a question that says "Revenue - Tax over time" and have Q&A create the calculation for me on the fly.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add groupings for columns in InfoNav

InfoNav should support "groupings". For example, for a query like "average weight by age for ages grouped by 10" would show a column 0-10 and the average weight of all data that fits in that range, 11-20, and all the data, ect. This would be really useful in cases like age where there are a lot of independent values.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Q&A  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy

Willing to Cancel a flight on Spirit Airlines and Do not Aware about the Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy and Procedure well Go through the Cancellation Policy or for further assistance contact (888)-286-3422 Spirit Airlines Reservations Team on 24x7 Basis.
    More Info Visit- https://www.flycoair.com/blog/spirit-airlines-cancellation-policy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to Fix HP® Printer Cartridge Error

Check Out the simple Procedure for How to fix HP Printer Cartridge error. Take the benefits of HP Printer Support on (888)-886-0477 and fix your all issues related to your HP Printer.
    More Info Visit- http://www.anvsupport.com/blog/fix-hp-printer-cartridge-error

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to update Google Account Services

How do I Update Google Services
    Individual will have completely different ways to update Google Play Services or any other on your device. If you continue to have some issue with the resolved issue, you'll be able to use the Google play support telephone number. once you utilize it, you'll be able to get the direct probability to speak with consultants. they'll not solely perceive your purpose however try and offer you the most effective doable solutions. You'll be able to not solely get the answer for your current bug however even realize help to alternative major bugs. there's even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I can´t set Alerts.

I can´t set the alerts, it doens´t tell me I don´t have access or something,but I can´t see any option except the "Alerts" which direct me to a how to web page where my ID doesnt work like it.

please let the user know what he can or can´t do clearly.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fields and filters allowed on QA function, please fields back

please put the field capability back on Q&A, I was able to fully customize reporting on Usage with Fields, so I could create the report just the way we wanted, but now I only see Filters, so is useless because we cannot put the fields we want to customize the Q&A, example enter Virtual Machines, before I could pull the Count of InstanceIDs per Subscription or resource group and quickly provide a report on # of VMs running. Cannot do that anymore. CFO is mad about it. AWS allow easy reporting than us.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to export Title of Table from Power Bi to Excel

I have a visual with having title and Total row.
    While exporting data, I am not getting Title and Total row in excel.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for Q&A in Arabic language

Could you please support Q&A in Arabic language?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Metadata: Allow the naming of relationships in order to enhance Metadata and Q&A

Hi,

I like the fact that in Q&A users can ask questions such as 'sales by country' and all that. However what I would like to suggest is an improvement to that. By allowing use to name the relationship between two tables.

The idea is two-fold.

First, this enhances the Enterprise Data Management by allowing us to have richer metadata, so the business can understand exactly the relationships between tables.

Second, I imagine this would enhance the Q&A by allowing for more complex questions since, we could categorise a relationship with actions such as 'buy' and 'purchase', 'call', 'request', 'assigns',…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pedro. We actually already have a feature (in Power BI for O365) that addresses the second part, called Phrasings. There’s lots of information on those here: https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/About-QA-Phrasings-and-how-to-add-them-to-your-workbook-027670ab-ac99-4ba5-b0e5-d5ebf2cb9d8b?ui=en-US&rs=en-IE&ad=IE

At the moment they’re not exposed through the new Power BI interface, but we will do soon! You can try them out through Power BI for O365 now.

The ability to name them for end-user metadata reasons still stands! We could certainly expose that through our UI to make it clearer how your models are organised.

Thanks!

1 2 12 13 14 16 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.