Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add a secondary axis to a chart

Right now all the charts supports only one y axis. There should be a support for secondary axis as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  27 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Should be able to sort the value for axis or legend when showing in chart

Say when there are three distinct values in the field of an Axis, like 12/20, 12/21, 12/22, we should be able if need to sort them in asc or desc when showing in the chart. Currently, they come out in a random order

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can add filters to charts and page in a intuitive way (right click -> add to filter maybe)

Currently filters is hidden an my reports end users are finding it difficult to edit filters. Can I make it easy and intuitive to add a field as a filter (using right click -> add to filter) etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Box and whisker

Please add Box and Whisker visualization to the dashboard

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to regenerate report tile

When you create a report, eg connect to Excel with Power View you get a link to the report (tile) on the dashboard. If you delete that report tile or want that report tile on another dashboard there is no way I can see to recreate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Undo / Redo button in browser & designer

Unlimited redo's would be nice, but at least have a fixed number of undos.

This helps with the prototyping process where you can confidently do a number of changes to see how something may look, and then back out if it doesn't work.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The filter UI is clunky and difficult to use. Consider usability improvements.

The filter UI is clunky and difficult to use. Consider usability improvements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Collaboration tools for editting report

Features for collaborating on the same report from multiple users. Currently only one person can edit a report and share it with co-workers. In order to merge the designer file we have to manual copy and paste a lot of queries.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding pictures or shapes to canvas

Is there any way to add shape/picture support? And make it easy to add texts inside of the shapes?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Canvas Size

Can we have a dynamic canvas in reports (similar to VISIO's canvas)? Start with one page. If the user needs more space on a single view, then the canvas size expands automatically (both horizontally and vertically).

(please also make the canvas size consistent between reading mode and edit mode. Currently, entering editing mode shrinks the canvas size horizontally)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: Complete loss of work while saving report

I accidentally clicked on the "Retail Analysis Sample" dashboard (out of the box sample dashboard) and then clicked in my newly uploaded dataset and started building charts and then clicked Save. I immediately clicked on the page title "Microsoft Power BI Public Preview" while I barely saw a warning toast that said "Warning: This dashboard is read only, your changes will not be saved." and since I had already clicked the title the page navigated to the landing page and my work was lost.

Repro
    1. Have a dataset ready to use.
    2. Click on the out of the box…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have the ability to hide legend header in charts

Sometimes legend doesn't need a header; the series names are self-explanatory. Can we have an option to hide the legend header? Or customize it (so we can delete the header or change it to something more meaningful)?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. support no calc on numeric values

Selecting a numeric value for a report, it defaults to Sum. It allows for changing to Average, Count, Min, Max... it should also support No calculation or as a value only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Control over axes ranges

Allow setting of the min and max value displayed on a visual's axes

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.