Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error

I receive an error msg on Power BI Service "The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error " when refreshing my data. I talked to MS Support team and they suggested me to delete the old dataset and upload it again. Why it does not work when I republish the dataset. Isn't the republish should have overwritten the old record?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Even when using a PowerBI dataset as a data source, I want you to create columns or create link with EXCEL data.

Even when using a PowerBI dataset as a data source, I want you to create columns or create link with EXCEL data.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Consolidating loaded data for a table in Power Query

Hi,
    I'd like to have the chance inside Power Query to consolidate the imported data into a table in order to avoid next data refresh. So I could working with consolidated tables (fixed at a certain date/time) not more updated. The feature could be useful when it is read a data source that contains only the last data respect a specific time interval (only the data of the last week, last month, last quarter): a next update of the data source could override the previous data that could not entered in PBI. This data consolidation feature could be implemented by…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Map updated Field Names in a Direct or Imported Query

Let's say you have a sql query that pulls a field named DIV but is changed to DIVISION. In this case BI would fail and states it can't find the field. There should be the ability to Map a field to another field in these case. Dropping the field should also be a choice.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. get data from Excel but import the data model instead of importing the tables

get data from Excel but import the data model instead of importing the tables

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 112 113 114 116 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.