Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add metrics to Premium Capacity Monitoring App

We would like to have some extra features to the recently release Premium Capacity Monitoring App. Would it be possible to add the dataset size and the consumed capacity per dataset, instead of just the total?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show actual CPU utilization of Premium capacity rather than just CPU high utilization

For the Premium Capacity reports, show actual CPU utilization of Premium capacity rather than just CPU high utilization (represented by the number of times the CPU exceeded 80% utilization). At the moment we have no idea how close we are to breaching CPU performance limits. We could be close to 79% permanently without knowing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Admin ability to to clear the RAM/memory within a premium node

Admin ability to to clear the RAM/memory within a premium node. At times the memory seems to run hot and functions seem to be halted due to high memory usage. As an admin, its near impossible to troubleshoot what is consuming memory. If I could clear it out to get things working properly again, that would be great. It would also allow me to troubleshoot the root cause better

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Power BI Premium Performance Monitoring

I currently have no way of monitoring my Power BI Premium server. As we add more and more users to our single EM1 PBI Premium server, I am sure at some point we will run into performance issues. However currently there is no way to see the load on the server.

Here are two things that would help:

1. Server level usage metrics reports. Currently I can only view this by workspace, and I have 50+ workspaces, so there is no way to know the overall views or active users.

2. Server level performance reports. There are lots of metrics…

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trial test for Power BI Premium

There should be a trial test for Power BI Premium. At least limited to only one workgroup, and only 1GB per dataset as it is for Power BI PRO. This way we can test its capacity and way to interact with Power BI Service and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to disconnect Capacity Metrics App from Embedded capacity

You've implemented a nice feature Power BI Premium capacity monitoring app. But I don't want to see my Embedded capacities on that app. I have no options to disconnect it. It is just failing to refresh the app dataset when I didn't grant access to Premium on AIM for Embedded.

Please make it flexible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Video how to set it up

Can we have a video on how to install this software
    Thanks Eric

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.