Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow non-admins to see enterprise gateways in dataflow creation

According to my experience and the documentation, only admins of enterprise gateways can see gateways during the dataflow creation process. Can this not be opened up to report authors as well? Our enterprise gateway is controlled by IT and has one or two administrators. "Self-service ETL" won't be realized unless report authors can create dataflows using the enterprise gateway.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send refresh failure notification email to me for a failed dataflow scheduled refresh

Currently there is no notification option for failed dataflows when they are scheduled to be refreshed.

If it would be possible to have the same email notification that is currently available for dataset refreshes?

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take or Transfer Ownership of a Dataflow

Add the ability to take or transfer ownership of a dataflow to another user. Currently all I see is a message indicating only the owner can edit the dataflow. This is needed to enhance maintainability and enable enterprise level support of a dataflow if the owner is out of office or leaves the company. At least the same take ownership option that is already available with datasets.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dataflows PDF Connector

Enable the PDF Connector - it went GA in Power BI Desktop and Web Service in April 2019, so it should also be in Dataflows.

It is always frustrating to consider moving a set of Queries to Dataflows, only to realize that the functionality is so limited.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dataflows from Custom SQL Query

I would like to be able to create an entity based off of a custom SQL Query instead of having to use the Power Query tools. The problem I am having is that one of the tables I am working with is too large and results in a timeout when Dataflows tries to bring it in. I think that a custom SQL Query will alleviate this issue by allowing me to prefilter my data before it comes into Dataflows.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Amazon Redshift connector for dataflows

Please create Amaazon Redshift connector for dataflows.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. On-Prem Teradata Connector for Dataflows

We use Teradata for one of our Enterprise Data Warehouses. We would really like to have an On-Prem Teradata Connector available in Dataflows

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.