Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reckon One Connector.

Provide a connector to Reckon One accounting software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a connector directly to the instance of analysis services running under Power BI/Excel

When you are running Power BI or Excel with a data model, there is an instance of Analysis Services running on your machine. You can connect to this using the standard Analysis Services connector, but figuring our the port number on localhost to connect to is hard, and it changes every time you run it, so you can not just refresh this connection. Create a custom connector that will always reliably connect to this instance.

Use cases:
    1)I want to incrementally add data to my model vs refresh it entirely.
    2)I want to analyse differences between what was loaded from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Data connector plugin issue.

Most of time we do not have internet access on server to install data connector plugin. All plugin should be available in package. All third party plugin support should be available. Currently for teradata i need separate installation and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Power Query / M support for loading STDOUT of scripts/exes as a refresh-able data source.

It would be very handy to support running an exe or script, and grabbing its output (stdout and stderr) as a refresh-able data source in Power Query/M. I have several instances today where I run PowerShell scripts, redirect output to a file, and then load the file into a data model with Power Query / M. This feature would allow me to skip the intermediate step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. mysql 5.1

Estou a 3 horas tentando conectar o power bi ao meu banco mysql 5.1 e nada.
    Quero apresentar ao um cliente, mas o software não oferece uma interface fácil de conexão com base de dados, podia ser mais fácil e ja sugerir as versões dos bancos ao informar qual o meu banco mysql, o software ja devia trazer os drivers odbc ou ... para aquela versão e conectar.
    Ai não existe nenhum tutorial no suporte para mysql 5.1, o suporte gratuito, passei o e-mail e senha que instalei o power bi e diz que não esta autorizado, é complicado, se…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Connector

Create an M editor for Custom Connectors

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Databricks Delta support for the Spark Connector

Please add support for Databricks Delta tables for the Spark Connector

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.