Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please Open Source All Default Power BI Connectors

Please open source all default Power BI M connectors!

Aside from a few examples on Github, there's very few examples to learn from. I've developed several connectors and I still have no idea if I'm following best practice or not. Also, there's many features I've seen in current connectors that are not publicly available, e.g., radio buttons on user prompts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a question

Hi, I have both Power BI and Dynamics 365 licenses, and am attempting to open Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 as an app within Power BI... how do I do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Purchase a university transcript from http://www.buydegree6.com/ is a good choice

We provide the best fake degrees,fake diplomas!About www.buydegree6.com
    When it comes to making high quality custom fake diplomas, nobody has been better built to face the challenge than buydegree6! Our product line includes professional-printed fake degrees, fake diplomas of high school and college degrees along with novelty academic transcript and several certificates from all over the world. Our goal is to set the industry's standard and accurately capture many of the elements found on real graduate certifications including their layout, fonts used, where the seal is placed, and other important characteristics such as embossed seal.hologram,laser.watermark and so on ... that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe Analytics Connector Supported in Power BI Service

When I go to my report's Dataset in Power BI Service, I can see "AdobeAnalytics" listed as a Data Source.

When I click "Edit credentials", the Authentication Method drop-down is empty and clicking sign-in just returns the error "Failed to update data source credentials".

Please enable refreshing reports using Adobe Analytics from within the service. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dropbox full connectedness

Could you add dropbox option in "get data" section. And please do this for like folder option to if we use from folder option in dropbox too it will be very usefull. We can do this now with api but it's not useful.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. come and buy your blank atm through jude

My name are antonio clark and am here to share my testimony on how i got connected with this great opportunity to announce to the whole world and everyone in need of money to contact judeatmcardcash@gmail.com who helped my life by providing me with the Blank ATM Card in less than 2 days. If you are in need of financial saving please don''t hesitate to contact them. They are very genuine and easy to deal with. You can actually withdraw up to $42,000 on a monthly basis without being detected because of the nature of the card. I am a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How can I solved this publish error(I cant use publish button)

I cant see 'Publish the web' button in app.powerbi.com
    What is the reason ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gestionar marcadores con una lista de segmentación de datos....

Poder gestionar marcadores con una lista de segmentación de datos no conectada al modelo. Que cada opción de segmentación me conectara con un link o vinculo para conectar con un marcador o pagina

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Area Path Optional feature

Prior to the January 2018 update there was an option to input in the Area Path in the Visual Studios Team Services connector. This makes it easier to get to your Area Path with you are apart of a project with several to 100's of Area paths to choose from.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Connector to us bank

I would like to encrypt my credentials in Power BI Service and schedule a refresh of all of the transactions related to my us bank accounts. This is a bit tricky since us bank offers several layers of security challenges, but it would save me a great amount of time if I could schedule a refresh of transactions for ALL of my accounts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Migration from other reporting tools

There should be provision of migrating Reports generated other then Power BI to Power bi this feature will help lot of business user to shuffle and move to this technology

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reckon One Connector.

Provide a connector to Reckon One accounting software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a connector directly to the instance of analysis services running under Power BI/Excel

When you are running Power BI or Excel with a data model, there is an instance of Analysis Services running on your machine. You can connect to this using the standard Analysis Services connector, but figuring our the port number on localhost to connect to is hard, and it changes every time you run it, so you can not just refresh this connection. Create a custom connector that will always reliably connect to this instance.

Use cases:
    1)I want to incrementally add data to my model vs refresh it entirely.
    2)I want to analyse differences between what was loaded from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Connecting Power BI to DFP and Eyereturn

Please add the ability to connect Power BI to digital campaign management tools used highest in Canada- Google DFP

(DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), formerly called Google Dart, is an advertisement software as a service application run by Google.)

Also Eyereturn direct connector the way we connect to Facebook would help

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Data connector plugin issue.

Most of time we do not have internet access on server to install data connector plugin. All plugin should be available in package. All third party plugin support should be available. Currently for teradata i need separate installation and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Power Query / M support for loading STDOUT of scripts/exes as a refresh-able data source.

It would be very handy to support running an exe or script, and grabbing its output (stdout and stderr) as a refresh-able data source in Power Query/M. I have several instances today where I run PowerShell scripts, redirect output to a file, and then load the file into a data model with Power Query / M. This feature would allow me to skip the intermediate step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.