1. agorapulse custom connector

Please add agorapulse as a connector.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update for Power BI Publisher - Excel

Power BI Publisher add-in last update was during November 2017. Due to no further updates, using this add-in we cannot connect to the new workspaces.

Only the classic workspaces can be accessed through this add-in. As shown in the screenshot below – Only classic workspaces are visible.

An update for this such that the new workspaces can be accessed through Power BI publisher would be great.

P.S - Though there is an option of Analyse in Excel. I think it would be better to have this option as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Power BI leveraging Entity Store in D365 for Finance and Operations

A lot of pre-built Power BI content is embedded within Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. These data sources can be made available to Power BI Desktop - unless the D365 instance is a managed instance, in which case this is not allowed. Having access to these pre-built solutions would be be very helpful in speeding along development efforts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Raise Awareness to end users

Create a template of a General Dashboard containing all Active Dashboards so the end-user can navigate and see if any of them are important/ relevant for them.

This needs to contain a general description of each Dashboard and to mention the Business Owner so, if the access request is required it can be reached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate Power BI with Cloud App security

Generate rich insights and trends on the alerts that are generated from cloud app security

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simple Semantic Layer Support for Schema in Custom Connectors

A simple Semantic Layer support could be incorporated in Power BI by having Power Query use a shared function in the Connector of:

getLocalization(<type name>, <field or entity name>, Optional <locale>) returns text

Power Query would check if the function exists and if it does then for the Navigation Table the localized version of the Entity names would be got using getLocalization(null, <entity name>) and names of fields in the types would be got by using getLocalization(<type name>, <field name>). If the function does not exist or it returns null or an empty string then use the unlocalized version of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. modifying the data source path in a custom connector

I would like to raise an enhancement request for the extension data source path in a custom connector to be able to be modified by the connector, rather than be hard-coded, based on the non-optional parameters.

We have a corporate REST API which we would like reported through Power BI. This is a typical API which allows access to datasets via urls like:

https://api.company.com/customers?filter=country eq 'AUSTRALIA'
    https://api.company.com/customers?filter=country eq 'USA'&top=100
    https://api.company.com/customers?filter=country eq 'UK'
    https://api.company.com/customers?filter=country eq 'CHINA'

We require this API to be accessible to Power BI. The built-in web connector is not suitable as it would require too much manipulation of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Partnership with linkedIn

Hello dear,

I believe many companies and people have never heard of Power BI, especially people from Brazil and other Latin American countries, I'm from Brazil and I can say that.

Probably you already have some kind of partnership with LinkedIn. But if you could be more aggressive and could sync Power BI and Linkedln and get the functionality of simultaneous registration with users (like Facebook and millions of websites), you would have a great opportunity to get more users and do new business.

Unfortunately, some companies and universities prevent users from signing up for a Power BI account, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WITS Level0

WELLSITE INFORMATION TRANSFER SPECIFICATION (WITS) level0 is an industry standard data communication format used extensively in the oil and gas industry. At level0 it operates as a fixed format ASCII data stream transmitted by either serial or network.
    Although WITS Level0 is communication format and not a database, being able to stream data directly into Power BI, I believe would deliver a huge amount of benefits in the offshore O&G industry world wide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Connect to SAP Business Objects universe (*.unv & *.unx)

Ability for Power BI to use an SAP Business Objects universe as a datasource

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Appointment Plus

Looking for a custom connector for Appointment-Plus the online web scheduling service

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a slicer "Node" on top of the report, near Feature, Release, Module

Would be useful to have a slicer to allow filtering on a node like "CP-RT", CP-UE", etc as it is possible for feature, sub feature, module...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PowerBI Connector to AWS Aurora DB

Would like to have PowerBI connect to AWS Aurora mySQL compatible database. I am currently using ODBC connection to AWS Aurora

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Robinhood Connector

I want to connect to Robinhood so that I can build my own custom reports for different stocks including when I purchased the stocks, dividends received, % of my portfolio, etc. From what I've read, it looks like they have an API, but I don't know how to use it as I don't know cURL

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Power BI REST API connector for Power BI Desktop

Create a connector to Power BI REST API so tenant/workspace admins have visibility into gateways, data sources, data source users, apps, workspaces, etc. Right now we can't use Power BI Desktop to query that information and build governance/oversight reporting. It's a huge missing piece for enterprise deployments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Selected Columns list to give expanded fields as well

Currently onSelectedColumns gives only top level fields.

It is common for REST APIs not to return all fields and only return initially hidden fields if specifically asked for. If not asked for then you get "null" in those fields, usually because they are not actually in the response, but the connector has code to enforce the schema.

onSelectedColumns gets passed a list of fields so this can be used to modify the REST call to ask for the selected fields and so the hidden ones can then be populated.

REST calls can return nested structures and the schema can support…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. how to change type from number to decimal for custom column inside pivot

I have created a custom column for division after divided I am getting the result as whole number I need this in decimal ... I am unable to change type in query editor as this is created using new measure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Radius (CRM) Connector

Many higher ed. orgs utilize non-Microsoft CRM products from Campus Management. It would be great to have a fluid/pre-built connector to link those products (E.g. Radius) to Power BI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate pop-up window with details to open when a specific event is clicked.

I have a requirement from a client in which he wants me to design a Power BI Report with Popups. Once Tooltips are added to the field, hovering over a data point on the visualization shows the values for those fields in the Tooltip. But the information goes off once you remove the cursor from that field. Do we have a functionality in which if I click a field, a popup should be open and it should remain frozen till the time I do not click in/out of the window again?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.