Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You need to add a OSI PI connector like Spotfire.

I work at a refinery and you need to add a OSI PI connector like Spotfire. Can you please implement this as soon as possible?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Connector as a Portable Library of Functions

Currently, a custom connector requires a Data Source and a Authentication record associated to a function in order to be Published or exposed in the 'Get Data' dialog/window.
    This is perfectly fine for data sources, but if I want to create a custom connector that creates data using native M functions, like. List.Generate or List.Dates, then I shouldn't have to define a Data Source nor an Authentication which complicates things and is an unnecessary step for the end user.

Here are 2 videos showcasing 2 functions that do not need any sort of authentication, but due to the way custom…

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need connector for Google Spanner

Hi Team,
    I really appreciate Power BI has made available Google Big Query custom connector.

I want to recommend, if Power BI comes up with Google Spanner connector.

I am requesting every one else to vote for this requirement.

Regards,
    Shamsu Zoha

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Salesforce and Power BI integration to pull data from Power BI to update data in Salesforce

Salesforce and Power BI integration to pull data from Power BI to update data in Salesforce.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate Power BI dashboards with Slack

I would like the ability to share a dashboard/report built in PBI to enterprise users via Slack.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 섹파구해요 유부녀에요 유부남구해요

전 유부녀이구요 섹파구하는중이에요
    튼실했으면 좋겠구요 스릴있게 그쪽 아내가 잠든 집에서
    섹스도 하고 이런 스릴 너무 좋아요
    섹스파트너 하실분 연락주세요

http://kakaotalk.tv/235yeon

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 섹스파트너를 구하는 가장 쉬운 방법 - 당신의 섹파

섹스파트너를 구하는 남성은 수도 없이 봐왔지만
    섹스파트너를 구하는 여성을 본적은 있는가요?

밤마다 혼자 흥분하며 당신을 기다리고 있습니다

익명의 여성과 대화하기 : http://kakaotalk.tv/yuuune33321

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Broaden connector for github (github.mycompay.com)

The current github connector only points to github.com. This would enable a user to input their enterprise github url.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide DirectQuery support for Greenplum pivotal cloud foundry

Please provide DirectQuery connector support for GreenPlum. Currently we can only connect using odbc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Connector for SQLite

SQLite is one of the most used Database Management Systems in the World! I think it would be important to have a specific connector for SQLite, especially since I had problems trying to connect Power BI to SQLite via ODBC.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Slicer option to show value for items not selected

When you click a selection on a slicer it shows everything related the selection. I propose another option that shows everything not related to the selected item. As an example if you had a slicer for all salesmen. If you select one salesman currently it will show you all the sales related to that person. My suggestion would allow you to insert another table with all the sales make but everyone else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Live/DirectQuery Web Connector

The Web connector has a lot of nice scraping functionality behind it, but when using it with a REST API, it becomes less useful. Now with the addition of composite models, it would be AWESOME to allow a web API to dynamically fetch results based on filters from another table (an imported data source for slicers, etc). This would really open up a host of possibilities with Power BI, as it could be used as a front-end for many more analytics that are API-based.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PointClickCare

Direct connection to PointClickCare for skilled nursing facilities: https://pointclickcare.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. arrange the connectors in alphabtical order

Since the list is getting bigger, it will be easier to navigate through alphabetical list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a connector to SQL Server extended log files

Be able to read the .xel files directly into PowerBI so that we have a nice tool to work on the SQL Server log files.
    As it was possible before the older text format got depreciated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SAGE X3 Connector

We need a custom connector to Sage X3, currently there is no real-time way of interacting with the data on the sage cloud solution

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. power bi access to files in a sub folder of o365

Allow a user to connect Power BI to a specific sub-folder in o365 and pull the files from there into Power BI. I currently have a request where i am having to use the site, filter by a specific naming convention and then the sub-site so that i have the correct data being loaded in the report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update PDF connector to retrieve form data from fillable PDF

The preview PDF connector does not allow for form data to be extracted.
    It would be great if when it identifies that the pdf has form data fields it presents a list of avail fields, allows user to select and then retrieves the completed data in a column per field with each row representing each pdf selected as a table result. PDF forms also referred to as FDF, have seen solutions referencing R etc however those solutions are beyond what most want to be able to do simply and within the core powerbi.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.