Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Renaming of Measures in Report Server

Renaming of Measures are working in Power BI services. But still this feature is not available for Power BI report server. In SSAS tabular Model we can not create measures with same name but there should be way to rename Measures in Power BI Visual. Power BI desktop for report sever Aug preview is supporting the feature but when deployed on Reports server measures are not getting renamed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Drill Through option for selected views

I have a report where it has multiple views in it. I just want to make default Drill Through option for Map View and Pivot View. When I selected drill through option and saves report. It's working till I refresh my screen. Once I refresh it's coming back to normal drill. It's causing the issue for users to select that option again.

If we have save option that would be really good

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow connection to Sharepoint for version control on Report Server like the service

PowerBI Service links to OneDrive/Sharepoint where I can post new pbix in sharepoint and it automatically updates in the PowerBI Service. We use sharepoint to maintain version control so it's great that Sharepoint and PowerBI Service link together. Now the problem is that we moved to Report Server. I have been unable to find this capabilty in Report Server. Essentially, Sharepoint and Report server isn't linked. So everytime I have a new update, I must upload it to Report Server and then update sharepoint with the updated pbix (to maintain version control). I can't just do it once likeI did…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. user alias name/additional metadata for Power BI server security

When applying roles for users so they can access the folders/reports, we only now the user name inside the organization.
    in some cases the "user name" is not really a name but more of a number (example un123@myorg). so if as admin I want to know who is that person I need to take that user code and go to my AD and check his/her name.
    If we can add user alias name or additional metadata for Power BI server security it would be great !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add comments function for Ipad Mobile App for PBI ReportServer Reports

I have the PowerBI mobile app on my Ipad as well as on my Iphone and we are using Power BI ReportServer.

On my IPhone I have all of the comment functions which I already know from PowerBI Online, but if I open the same Power BI Report Server Report on my IPad with the Power BI app - there isn't any comment function. It is missing, but a really important feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy over Name and Description when creating a Linked Report

When creating a new Linked Report from an existing Paginated Report, it would be sensible to (by default) set the Name and Description fields for the new Linked Report to be the same as those for the original Paginated Report it is linked to, rather than leaving them null by default as is currently done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Power BI server hide table / graph

I want the possibility that a user can hide / show a table or graph. For example if there is a graph and a table that uses the same dimensions / measures I want that a user can hide or have the possibility selection show only table / graph. So a visualisation with the possibility to show a table and a graph with the user option to select what a user want to see. That would be great.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. implement simple page navigation for PBIX reports on the SSRS Edition

The cloud service offers a simplified page navigation experience when large numbers of pages are present in a PBIX. this feature does not seem to be present in the SSRS edition. When large numbers of pages are present the cloud service shows Page X of Y and if you right click you get a pop up list of the pages available. The SSRS edition just has the page tabs across the bottom and a scroll bar. This just feels very clunky by comparison

See the screenshots in this thread

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Is-the-page-navigation-feature-fomr-the-Cloud-likley-to-appear/m-p/273177#M1376

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expand Shared with me to Dashboards and reports

Can Shared with me section have expand capability as Workspace, i.e. Users can see Dashboards and Reports separately so they can go to an underlying report without going to Dashboard first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Report Server send email alerts to specified users if threshold(s) is exceeded

Not every user has the time to manually check reports to see if any KPIs have been met or exceeded. Alerts would help notify users immediately instead of waiting for them to check themselves. It would be nice if Desktop publishers could manage who received these alerts, or users could create their own alerts as well.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Power BI Server manage Thresholds

I want the possibility that a user / account can set there own thresholds on the data. For example on a table. The colours on the table can be adjusted by the user logged in.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Power BI server manages "badges"

I want the possibility that a user can select from a table a number / month for example they want to monitor specific. This can be added to the Dashboard by the user (user profiles?) like a KPI. The selected month / number is presented on the dashboard and a user can monitor this much easier. This could also be removed by the user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For a live SSAS data source connection, need ability to control the number of records returned by a query

In my opinion this is a very basic requirement that i believe every other tool has. Am surprised that Power BI lacks this control. We should be able to set a limit on the number of records that can be returned by a query to the report. This is specially important for live connections where end users might pull in millions of records into the report.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PBIRS Add buttons for Fit to Width/Page/Actual Size/Percentage to right of status bar

In PowerBI Reporting Services, a bar appears along the bottom which lists the pages / tabs. To the right of this bar, could a menu button be added which gives a choice of scaling the page: "Fit to Width", "Fit to Page", and possibly a few other zoom percentage sizes (50, 75, 100, 125, 150).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto-hide option for visual header

If beforehand you know users will zoom in a lot it would be useful to show that option straight away. In Visual header we have quite some options, but we miss an "Auto-hide" option which is set to On by default. That way we would be able to set it to off and always have the buttons like "Drill Down" present.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When in report the report name in path should go to properties like in SSRS 2018

When you get sent a link and someone is asking for addition to a subscription you have to click the report, then go to the folder and click to get into the manage page for that report. SSRS 2018 had it so the path report name was a link to the properties and saved a lot of headache.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Relative Date Slicer: Can't Click on Slicer Options

We are using relative date slicer on our reports. This slicer works fine on Power BI Desktop application. But when I publish this report and access it on various browsers we are not able to select values from first drop down i.e. Last/Next/This as well as second dropdown i.e. Days/Week/...
    We have tested this on chrome, edge, internet explorer and we observed the same behaviour.
    We are using the latest version of Power BI desktop application and we are using Pro License.
    Need a solution for this issue.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.