Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Page Size

I can't recall exactly when the change occurred, but it would be nice to have the 'dynamic' template again. There use to be an option where the page size type was 'dynamic' and it has been replaced with 'custom'. Right now, I am basically opening old power bi files, deleting charts and data sources, just so I can keep the dynamic feature. This would allow the page size not to default to only one size. When you resize the web browser or dashboard, it will adjust accordingly.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report to Different Database

Hi, good evening!
    I'm currently studying Microsoft Power BI but ran into some issues that I'm not sure how to solve.

I have 30 databases, all with the same table structure, but different clients in a same server, and I need to create reports for them. What I'm unsure is:

Do I have to create them individually if I need all 30 of them, or is there a way to link them together somehow and create all reports at once?
    Also, once I need to alter the structure of the report, do I have to change each one individually, or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PowerBI Templates for Azure

Each Industry has its own operation standards
    Eg, Hospitals, Hotels, Universities, Retail etc
    it would be better if there are pre-built templates for industries which can be imported and populate with data through step-by-step azure powerbi configurator

many small companies and many IT dept in non-IT industries like hospital will find it difficult to setup PowerBI dashboards on their own. if anyone with azure backend should be able to use guided power-bi connecter to start using powerbi. it has to be as simple as that

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Time Intelligence - Allow General References in Date Table to Report MTD, QTD, YTD

It seems that quick measures for MTD, QTD, YTD will not display results in tables, or charts if the related date elements are not included in the values. For example, including only the Month in a matrix will display blanks for the quick measure: Sales YTD = IF(ISFILTERED('Calendar'[Date]), ERROR("Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy."),TOTALYTD('Sales'[Sales], 'Calendar'[Date].[Date])).
    However, the same date values will display results for the formula: Current YTD (Manual) = CALCULATE(Sales[Sales],DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date])).
    The time intelligence quick measures should be more flexible in how they are reported.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. boot xray reports

It would be nice if Reports/Templates were created for reporting on Microsoft's Boot XRAY. Boot XRAY currently uses MS Excel to connect to the SQL DB for reporting. It would be nice if something other than Excel, like PowerBI could be used for this reporting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a PowerBI solution template for Dynamics NAV.

Create a PowerBI solution template for Dynamics NAV. This is required because the current NAV connector only works with the online version of NAV and does not work with an on-premise version, which means that the majority of NAV customers cannot use the connector and therefore cannot access pre-build reports and dashboards.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Best Digital Agency in Auckland

BBT Digital is a full service digital transformation agency based in Auckland that offers extensive services in the areas of Digital Strategy, Creative and Design, Marketing and Lead Generation, Development, and Communications

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transavia airlines phone number 1-888-206-5328

want to fly high with Transavia airlines then one can contact now on Transavia airlines phone number to grab the best deals and offers on Transavia airlines instantly or visit this link mentioned here http://www.numberreviews.com/transavia-manage-booking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cash Flow or DRE (calculate EBIT-DA ...) with subtotals by expense group and balances

How do I have an array or table with the accounts, values and their subtotals of Revenue and Expenses, with the Balance?

I thought of doing a layout (dimension table) of the accounting accounts in Excel, where in each account I inform if it is R (revenue) or D (expense) to make an IF by adding the values of the Fact table (layout with the Account / Description / Values / months), but I do not know how to do it.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Agradeço pelas informações. Excelente curso! Para pequenas ou grandes empresas o Power BI possui gráficos não respondem a todas as perguntas

Para pequenas ou grandes empresas o Power BI possui gráficos que não respondem a todas as perguntas, gostaria que:

1 - ao passar o cursor sobre as informações pudesse ter acesso as métricas que compuseram aquele resultado associados a cada categoria.
    Imagine ser questionado em como aumentar o lucro, uma pergunta simples, ou mesmo detalhar problemas de lucratividade com os devidos indicadores no mesmo conteúdo?

2 - ao selecionar uma categoria, não consigo ver as demais e isto poderá prejudicar na tomada de decisão para entender mais sobre o negócio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. want to copy more than one items and paste them as per need by command ctrl c1, ctrl c2, ctrrl c3 and paste what I need by command ctrl v1,

want to copy more than one items and paste them as per need by command ctrl c1, ctrl c2, ctrrl c3 and paste what I need by command ctrl v1, ctrl v2, ctrl v3.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time spent on each task

Not an idea , but a question . May I know Is there a report or dashboard i can use to generate the time spent on each task ? Sorry i am new to GDCO Power BI

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. App / Content Pack for standard Dynamics NAV 2018 ( NOT azure or 365 ).

I'm a bit new to Power BI, but I'm looking for an App / Content Pack for standard Dynamics NAV 2018 ( NOT azure or 365 ).
    I believe these existed for older NAV versions - ( Maybe I'm wrong )
    Now I' can't find any such Content Pack that can be connected to my standard NAV 2018 version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PBIT to save local file Regional Settings

PBIT files unfortunately does not store local file regional settings. And closely related, PBIX files can be saved but not reopened without an error if only Theme and settings etc. has been applied. A work around is to source some data into the file before saving it...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tittle, subtitle and date

Just to make it able to put a Header to the reports, in an easy way, so that you can just select the title, without having to modify the template.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Standardize template for categorizing report complexity

I'm creating a standardize template to distinguish between simple medium and complex report that will help for effort estimation for PowerBI report

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to power BI WEB

Turn possible use the option "first row as headers'' on power BI WEB ,this will help to make the online plataform more complete

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.