Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a display view that can auto refresh data to be display on a public or department screen.

Since reports are already created in Power BI, it would be helpful to enable a viewing mode that will allow you to run the Power BI application and open a report and/or dashboard. Then, have the direct query auto refresh the information on the screen. Currently, someone would have to either push the refresh button, or have chrome with an auto refresh extension. However, the Chrome option leaves undesirable options and tabs and fields around the entire page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Theme Format Visual Titels + Background repport

Let us make a json file were we can format titels of visuals and the background of reports.

Working for a business with multiable users in different departments, everybody wants his or her own dashboard.
    To make sure we are still one company we would like to build a theme where we can set the format of a report to a higher level.

Thank you in advance

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft teams in O365 Adoption Content pack

Add usage data of other products within Office 365 Adoption content pack. Really want Microsoft Teams in power Bi report.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. creation of New tab itself for new project addition with similar features or previous tabs

Hello Power user's

I have twenty different project tabs if I added a new project in excel file and refresh in Power BI is it possible, it automatically generates a new tab for this project that includes the similar dashboard features like previous twenty projects tabs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scrollbars Properties for Matrix

Width and Initial Position(Left or Rigth, Up or Down) of the scrollbars for Matrix

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Power BI should cook lunch

Power BI should cook lunch

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Background Colors

1. We need the ability to set background colors for Tiles (both images as well as colors as background). If the Visualizations used has a specific background color and if the Tile does not offer a background option, it looks odd.

2. The space between the left menu and the dashboard (thin space though) also need a color option. Otherwise it looks like a gap between the menu and the dashboard specifically if a bgcolor other than white is used.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize e-mail template and alert notifications

Customize e-mail template and alert notifications. I believe that this feature in addition to bringing the visual benefit (text and design) would bring the possibility of translation into languages in which Power BI would not yet be available.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. groups

Support O365 Groups for security when using Apps. You can add O365 groups to the workplaces for an app...however, when you publish an app you can't add groups to it.

You CAN use AD Security Groups which is WONDERFUL...but you can't use the O365 groups for App control which is odd since you use them in the workspace.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide certain parameters

It would be great to have the ability to hide certain parameters from the end user. When creating parameters, similar to how it is described in the following video, the parameter essentially becomes a placeholder, and not really used until the report goes and looks at (in this case) the Excel spreadsheet for the values. Thus, if I export my PowerBI file to a template, I would like to be able to hide that parameter from the end user as nothing they input really matters.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=power+bi+parameters&&view=detail&mid=F2321E655D8381FC4F9EF2321E655D8381FC4F9E&FORM=VRDGAR

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dynamic Page Size

I can't recall exactly when the change occurred, but it would be nice to have the 'dynamic' template again. There use to be an option where the page size type was 'dynamic' and it has been replaced with 'custom'. Right now, I am basically opening old power bi files, deleting charts and data sources, just so I can keep the dynamic feature. This would allow the page size not to default to only one size. When you resize the web browser or dashboard, it will adjust accordingly.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Cloud for Customer"

SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C) reports are limited. users need better reporting capability for reports mashing up data from C4C and ECC. Just as Microsoft created "Salesforce Sales Management" solution template, they should focus on creating the same for SAP C4C which is gaining momentum in the CRM marketspace. By this maybe Microsoft can beat SAP at reporting needs as PowerBi is included in O365

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Report to Different Database

Hi, good evening!
    I'm currently studying Microsoft Power BI but ran into some issues that I'm not sure how to solve.

I have 30 databases, all with the same table structure, but different clients in a same server, and I need to create reports for them. What I'm unsure is:

Do I have to create them individually if I need all 30 of them, or is there a way to link them together somehow and create all reports at once?
    Also, once I need to alter the structure of the report, do I have to change each one individually, or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PowerBI Templates for Azure

Each Industry has its own operation standards
    Eg, Hospitals, Hotels, Universities, Retail etc
    it would be better if there are pre-built templates for industries which can be imported and populate with data through step-by-step azure powerbi configurator

many small companies and many IT dept in non-IT industries like hospital will find it difficult to setup PowerBI dashboards on their own. if anyone with azure backend should be able to use guided power-bi connecter to start using powerbi. it has to be as simple as that

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Time Intelligence - Allow General References in Date Table to Report MTD, QTD, YTD

It seems that quick measures for MTD, QTD, YTD will not display results in tables, or charts if the related date elements are not included in the values. For example, including only the Month in a matrix will display blanks for the quick measure: Sales YTD = IF(ISFILTERED('Calendar'[Date]), ERROR("Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy."),TOTALYTD('Sales'[Sales], 'Calendar'[Date].[Date])).
    However, the same date values will display results for the formula: Current YTD (Manual) = CALCULATE(Sales[Sales],DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date])).
    The time intelligence quick measures should be more flexible in how they are reported.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a PowerBI solution template for Dynamics NAV.

Create a PowerBI solution template for Dynamics NAV. This is required because the current NAV connector only works with the online version of NAV and does not work with an on-premise version, which means that the majority of NAV customers cannot use the connector and therefore cannot access pre-build reports and dashboards.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Best Digital Agency in Auckland

BBT Digital is a full service digital transformation agency based in Auckland that offers extensive services in the areas of Digital Strategy, Creative and Design, Marketing and Lead Generation, Development, and Communications

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transavia airlines phone number 1-888-206-5328

want to fly high with Transavia airlines then one can contact now on Transavia airlines phone number to grab the best deals and offers on Transavia airlines instantly or visit this link mentioned here http://www.numberreviews.com/transavia-manage-booking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cash Flow or DRE (calculate EBIT-DA ...) with subtotals by expense group and balances

How do I have an array or table with the accounts, values and their subtotals of Revenue and Expenses, with the Balance?

I thought of doing a layout (dimension table) of the accounting accounts in Excel, where in each account I inform if it is R (revenue) or D (expense) to make an IF by adding the values of the Fact table (layout with the Account / Description / Values / months), but I do not know how to do it.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUY HIGH QUALITY REAL/FAKE PASSPORTS,DRIVERS LICENSE,ID CARDS,Counterfeits Bank notes Etc..( jayroy011@hotmail.com or +27639356786

BUY QUALITY PASSPORTS,DRIVERS LICENSE,ID CARDS,Counterfeits Bank notes..( jayroy011@hotmail.com or +27639356786

Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want to travel ? do you need papers you cant have ?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time We are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of high quality real and novelty documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.