Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. General Tooltip or Infotip for Visuals

It would be cool to have the ability to add Informational Custom Tooltips/Infotips to visuals.

For example, a report curator would be able to add information about what a visual calculates or displays. This could show as a small "i" or "?" that when hovered over, shows a pop over with information about that visual.

This could help users quickly get the most value out of a report and it's containing visuals.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. x

sff

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Double-Click Drill Down, Hold-Click (1 second) Drill Up

Enable Double-Click Drill Down, Hold-Click (1 second) Drill Up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Double Left-Click Drill Down, Double Right-Click Drill Up

Enable x2 Left-Click Drill-Down, x2 Right-Click Drill-Up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Free access to Power BI Service for Academic purpose

Hello, i´m MCSA BI Reporting certified and my big goal is to Achive MCSE Data Management & Analytics as well as Azure Data Engineer skill - and act as Chief Data Officer - . For those who are very interested to begin a carrer with Microsoft produtcs, you guys should give free acess to the products, so we can follow the updates as well as helping the community and organizations about how to use those produtcs; writting books, articles and so on.
    I´m sure this initiative may increase the divulgation and produts usage.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Replace dax with an easier more intuitive language

Replace DAX with an easier more intuitive language that's quicker to code. Power BI language and user experience is meant to be self-service and easy to use and supposedly easier than Excel. But eh underlying DAX language is not easy to code. More complex measures that should take quick to code require more effort than SSRS or Tableau or any other language that I know of to get to the same result. Surely an easier and better language can be developed. Replace it with a tableau or SSRS -type scripting language that obviously still uses the current context etc, but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Novell Groupwise to exchange server migration tool

Shoviv GroupWise to Exchange server migration tool efficiently export single or multiple EML files into Exchange server, Office 365, and Outlook. This migration tool also export GroupWise archive data or public folders directly into Office 365 archive mailboxes of public folder respectively.

For more info visit here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Best-GroupWise-to-Exchange-0645ee19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Efficiently Migrate Novell Groupwise to Exchange server

In order to migrate from Novell Groupwise to Exchange server, one can need a third-party tool which efficiently exports single or multiple Groupwise mailboxes into Exchange server. Shoviv Groupwise to Exchange server migration tool is the safest and easiest solution for Groupwise to Exchange migration. This smart tool is compatible with both beginner and export user. I highly recommend this tool for every Groupwise user who wants to migrate their mailboxes into the Exchange server.

For more info visit here: https://bit.ly/2IC0c3A

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Novell Groupwise to Office 365 migration tool | Best way to migrate Groupwise to Office 365

The manual methods to migrate Novell GroupWise to Office 365 are long, and users have to give much time. Users with less technical knowledge cannot migrate Novell GroupWise data to Office 365. There is a proficient solution available to migrate GroupWise data to Office 365. Users can use a third-party tool, namely Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 migration. This software easily exports Groupwise mailboxes into Office 365 mailboxes as well as allow users to export Groupwise mailboxes into Outlook profile. This software export all the mailboxes along with the attributes and also capable to export multiple mailboxes. The software is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a second-class Power BI community for non-corporate accounts

The Power BI community is not restricted to people with authorized corporate accounts.

Because my corporation does not grant any employee the permissions required to log-in to the Power BI community, we are now cut-off from the Power BI community.

Can we create a second-class community somewhere, where everyone can share their issues and solutions ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Groupwise archive data migration into Microsoft Outlook

The perfect way to export archive data or public folders from Groupwise mailing server to Microsoft Outlook client is using the third-party tool which quickly exports your mailboxes, including archive data directly into Outlook PST. Many users confused how they perform an easier and effective conversion from Groupwise to Microsoft Outlook, Those users who are not good in the technical term I suggest them use any third party tool like Shoviv Groupwise to Outlook converter that easily converts your mailboxes into Outlook PST format without any critical issue.

For more info visit here: https://directory.collab365.community/?post_type=listing_type&p=5851

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. we need local units in Display unit window for India like Lakhs/crore etc

we need local units in Display unit window for India like Lakhs/crore etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PROVIDE CHEEPER PLANS FOR SMALL ORGANIZATIONS. EG. IF MYSELF AND MANAGER HAVE LISENCE, WE CANT SHARE FINDINGS TO CEO(CheepVIEW ONLY LISENCE)

myself and manager have pro lisence but we cannot create a view for the CEO because he needs to have full pro lisence. if this is followed your product would suck in the industry in front of products like tableau or qlikview which have seperate viewing lisence at a cheeper rate for the higher ups who do not need to edit the data and only have to view the dashboards. Especially for a small to medium scale enterprize its mental and plain right stupid in investing for a pro lisence for all its employees. provide packages wherein so many employees…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Composite Model

My model is composite (Many to Many), as it is a preview feature we can only use it for Reporting purpose,sharing is not possible.When can we expect a general release feature for the same.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ecxellent!

Not Yet!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Creating the teams in-tur create the Power BI workspace & which is turing to be out of control for Power Bi admin. Need an option to restric

Creating MS Team in-turn create the Power BI work-space which is turing to be out of control for the Power BI admin & the organisation.
    Please ensure to enable some setting to bring this control & avoid creating work-space from teams when not required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make creating Power BI excel workbooks intuitive

I a pretty technical user but have never been able to get a Excel workbook to update date when loaded to Power BI,

Using the analyze in excel feature:
    Nope, update not allowed.

Saving a file in Sharepoint:
    Nope, can't load to a group.

Creating the file online from a report or dataset:
    Refresh not supported

I know it's possible, but the secret way that the excel spreadsheet need to be configured is not obvious.

I have tried an given up more times than I can count.

Perhaps there is a document that describes the steps, but it's lost in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable the use of Bookmarks in the Table/Matrix Visuals

Most users would generally like to export their entire report into PDF/PPT. Using the URL method limits the ability to export the entire report at once. Since it opens every report in a new page.
    It would be so useful to have the ability for the URLs to act like BOOKMARKS so that navigation within the Report is dynamic and there can be a central landing page. Also, this will avoid creating static landing pages (example -for every Country/Region if the table/matrix visual) . So in my example, I have 7 reports and each of these 7 reports are viewed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Convert Tableau reports to Power BI reports

Yes, Power BI has been able to do even more than what other competitors can offer. But when considering to use Power BI, we do hope there is a quick tool at least can help us automatically convert 80% tableau reports to POwer BI Reports. Thus, it can save us tons of time. Otherwise, most of tableau customers have to stay with it.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.