Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to still get to their data after 6 months.

Support hasn't been able to figure out why my company email as account sign in no longer works after using the desktop and powerbi.com site for over 6 months. It would be really beneficial if customers could trust that they can still get to their data after signing up for Power BI service. That way they can do their job of analyzing data using this tool. Seems like this "feature" would really help in user adoption.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Let me share a report with multiple O365 Group sites without having to publish it to each one.

Currently to give different groups access to the same report I have to publish it to each O365 group or I have create a group the includes the people from all interested groups just for sharing that dashboard ore report. That means each time a change has to be made it has to published to each group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search Box in Workspace Pane for New User Interface

There should be a search box in the Switch Workspaces navigation pane for the new user interface. For admin users like myself that have a lot of workspaces this would help.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. free credit score london uk yes 2017

free credit score @ https://www.checkcreditscorefree.co.uk :1) Pay your bills on time - Creditors look at your payment history credit check free @ https://www.creditcheckfree100.co.uk :and credit report free @ https://www.free-creditreportuk.co.uk :how often you make late payments. The more missed my credit score @ https://www.mycreditscorecheck.co.uk :payments, the lower your credit score will go.
    2) Pay down your credit cards - Creditors look at your debt vs. credit ratio. The less outstanding debt you have the better your ratio will look and the more it proves that you can handle your debt responsibly. You do need to keep some balance on your credit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make PowerBI simple: PowerBI desktop should work without DAX for casual users

Transform vs Modelling
    The Transform capability is great, because i can do everything I need with the UI. This is not the case with Modelling.

Modelling
    Having used PowerBI Desktop on many datasets, I found that it should be made simpler for non DAX experts.A UI based interface including some "AI" Assisted intelligence could easily achieve the below and make the product reach a new category of users.
    1. Matrix and Table visuals
    • Key features such as Column renaming, Cumulative values, Comparisons Year on Year etc. are missing and require quite a bit of DAX fiddling. I know that…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow viewers to rate dashboard/reports (feedback for creators)

I personally struggle a lot of times trying to understand the relevance of a dashboard or how up-to-date it is. Especially in large organizations, there are a myriad of boards and it easy to get lost.

Idea: Enable reviewers/visitors to rate dashboard based on relevance and information provided - similar to the GitHub star rating or Amazon product rating.

In short: A feedback system for the creator.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link to Power BI Group Workspace in Notification

The email notification "You've joined the XXXX Group" is fine but it confuses users. There is nothing in it about Power BI. We added the user via Power BI so please mention Power BI and provide a link to the group workspace in the email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier to implement in corporate america

I have tried implementing Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query and Power View at a few companies I have worked for, but its almost impossible.

First, no one wants there data to leave the building. I believe the Microsoft cloud is secure, by the execs five levels above me don't because they are not knowledgable and because they don't want to take the chance.

Can't implement the Power BI tools with Excel either, because the default Excel that downloads with Office 365 is 32 bit. I have tried installing 32 bit version of PQ, PP and PV but they are…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to publish PowerBI Reports to Docs.com

If a company could publish some of its reports like the Annual Report to Docs.com it would help improve the exposure to Docs.com and PowerBI.
    Also if people could work on public datasets like MLB scores, NFl Scores,Contracts and publish these reports to docs.com it would improve the exposure even more. This would also require opening up PowerBI to Users instead of just companies

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Decouple Power BI self service sign up from Azure AD AllowAdHocSubscriptions

The AllowAdHocSubscriptions Azure AD setting governs several Microsoft Services not just Power BI. So if an organisation wants to remove sign up for Power BI free only it unnecessarily impacts other services such as Flow, Stream etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. deberia poder agregar mas de una cuenta

deberia poder acceder a diferentes cuentas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. unable to sign in withour work email

I'm a stay at home a caregiver and I'm updating my skills to get to work. Power BI would be a great addition to my experience and and will look great on my resume. I cannot sign in without a work or school address. Not very helpful for those who are trying to get back to work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update Excel files that the source of the data is Power BI on the publish

The possibility of publishing an excel folder in PBI is incredible, however, when I publish a file that the data source is the PBI itself, the file can not be updated.

It would be great if Excel files that have Power b2 as a data source could have their data updated when the Power BI data source is updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Grouping capability in Slicers in Power BI Service

We are currently having analytics based on location country. We need to have a slicer to get reports for continents. How can we add countries in a group? There does not seem to be any grouping capability available in the Power BI service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use Windows rules to add a report page

In Windows we have two basic rules, if we want to insert something

It inserts at the left of the element or
    it we chose, inserts in the upper

I have developed a report that contains 30 pages, and every time I have to add a new page, it inserts at the end, and its very time consuming and difficult to move and place the page report where it been supposed to be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Free credit score @ https://www.checkcreditscorefree.co.uk

Since there is your credit score, "a snapshot, a number of new accounts in the" short period of time t0o opening will hurt your credit score. This is reduced by the credit your account the age of the average of all the newly established It is caused by being.
    https://www.checkcreditscorefree.co.uk

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need ability to direct users to corporate links for info, training, support

Corporations need to be able to redirect their users to corporate links for Power BI info, training and support.

The Power BI Admin should have the ability to specify URLs to direct their Power BI users to corporate resources (URLs) for:

a. Training
    b. Support
    c. General guidance and info

These links should be easily distinguished from the Power BI public support, training and portals. The Power BI Admin should be able to set:

a. Show tenant specific links only
    b. Show both tenant specific and Power BI public

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.