Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Usage Metrics available for Power BI Service Administrator role.

I am granted a Power BI service admin role which gives me access to usage metrics. As a chief Power BI Administrator in my organisation, i need access to the usage metrics to understand the usage and promote deployment of the tool.
    Currently i noticed the following limitations and the current statistics are near to basic.

1. Unable to export data - No export option.
    2. Unable to Drill down data - No drill down to do further analysis.
    3. we have a read only report meaning you cannot use this data.
    4. Usage period not included.
    5. Dashboard is…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. grouping the visuals or feilds to make it as one visual

we have the grouping functionality in excel, we can group multiple visuals to one and we can group multiple fields like combining multiple into one

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. IELTS/TOEFL,CELPIP Question Papers India(+237654759239)

DUBAI, REAL IELTS QATAR,ILTS FOR SALE, BUY ORIGINAL IELTS IN SYDNEY, IELTS AUSTRALIA, IELTS CANADA, IELTS LEGIT, BUY

REAL IELTS, IELTS FOR SALE IN INDIA, BUY IELTS CERTIFICATE IN EGYPT, GET IELTS WITHOUT TEST, IELTS WITHOUT EXAMS, BUY

IELTSONLINE, IELTS BAND 8, IELTS BAND 7, IELTS BAND 6.5, IELTS BAND 7.5, BUY IELTS 8.5, BUY IELTS BAND 9, ORIGINAL

IELTS CERTIFICATE, BUY ORIGINAL IELTS CERTIFICATE, BUY IELTS CERTIFICATE INDIA, CAN BUY IELTS CERTIFICATE, IELTS

LAHORE, IELTS PAKISTAN FOR AUSTRALIA, IELTS PAKISTAN FEE, IELTS ISLAMABAD FOR AUSTRALIA, IELTS IN NEPAL FOR AUSTRALIA,

IELTS IN QATAR FOR AUSTRALIA, IELTS IN OMAN FOR…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow *FREE* Email Subscriptions for content hosted in Premium capacity

Please allow email notifications to be free for consumers of content hosted on Premium capacity. We bought Premium capacity to communicate to our external partners, but right now if they want to subscribe to updates, they each need to buy a Pro license. This will inhibit our ability to drive adoption with our partners, and ultimately, may even hinder our ability scale this internally.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think it's ridiculous that users cannot sign up for Power BI with an individual email account when they are taking a class in Power BI .

I think it's ridiculous that users cannot sign up for Power BI with an individual email account when they are taking a class in Power BI .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Merge ideas on ideas forum

I find the idea forum is loaded with duplicates of ideas where votes and comments are split between multiple threads.
    It would be useful if the community could propose a merger with other ideas on the forum (with the link) and then admins could merge the ideas and remove the duplicates.

I think this would make it easier for Microsoft to gain a clearer idea of what users want. And for users would help their ideas to gain a common thread of conversation, plus gain a stronger voice for the ideas they want.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Requiring users that you share a dashboard with to have a Pro license really hurts adoption of this product

Require a Pro license in order to share a dashboard out, but do not require a Pro license in order to have a dashboard shared with them. We just lost a massive amount of users due to this, which has caused a negative opinion of the product and are now spreading the bad word throughout an organization of 40,000 employees/users.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow pushing of Power BI Apps to azure AD B2B guest users

Currently, it's not possible to push Power BI Apps to users who are Azure AD B2B guest users. Please enable this capability! It would greatly speed adoption with our suppliers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email Format Improvements or Ability to Modify

I need the ability to modify the email format that gets sent through subscriptions. The size of the image in the email is far too small to be legible in an email window (both on phone and desktop), and prevents us from using subscriptions to fully automate our reporting. This is the biggest drawback to adoption that I face today. Execs don't like the small print or the thick Microsoft borders, which combined require them to open the attachment to read what is supposed to be a quick flash of data for them. It would be great if we had…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Teams data to the Office365 Adoption Report

The supplied user adoption report should include data and metrics on Teams in Office365 Adoption report. Please add this content in addition to the metrics supplied on all the other apps in the suite

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Devops Process

There is currently no clear, built-in system for source control, test, gated approval and release of new reports.

If you have admin rights, you have god mode. Use it with caution.

As a result, IMHE analysts teams are likely to learn the hard way about all the reasons why formal IT teams have developed governance controls for software development and release.

I can imagine this becoming a functionality of Power BI Premium since it's an enterprise type feature.

I can imagine a scenario where the reports authors publish to a project in VSTS . Then VSTS' build environment runs unit…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide sheet

Please ad hide page options

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Copy to workspace" functionality for Apps

Currently it seems that it's impossible for end-users to access the dataset in Power BI - only in Excel! That's kinda crazy - please enable similar "copy to workspace" functionality as content packs.
    In particular, it should be possible for users to copy a report from an App and customize it - we need this for several use cases.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow admins to control which users' identities are exposed in per-user usage metrics

Usage metrics now expose per-user information - i.e. the names of the users that are accessing dashboards and reports.

Allow admins control which users' names and info are picked up by the feature. In other words, admins can choose to "anonymize" certain sets of users so that their names do not appear in usage metrics.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User Search - a way to see which workspaces a user is enrolled in

It would be nice to be able to search by any particular user in the org and see which workspaces they are assigned to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tooltips view on ios and android

Please add Tooltips view on ios and android

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to Favorite a Report

I'd like to be able to Favorite a Report just like we can with a Dashboard. Favoriting a Dataset makes sense too.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Friendly query list when connecting to SAP BW

When users connect to a SAP BW data source they are presented with the SAP BW back-end InfoArea hierarchy. This is highly technical in nature and often not primarily designed to be user facing but instead used to manage layered data architectures, security, etc.

Given this, it would be desirable to be able to present an alternative information architecture; a curated, more user friendly layout of queries that are meaningful for analysis in Power BI.

Without such a friendly, understandable structure – there can be difficulty in a user finding information and hence potential adoption issues for BW data sources.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Button hiperlinks

Please Add Buttons,shapes,images hiperlinks in sheets,web,embed file an other

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BRING BACK CUSTOM VISUALS FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTS

Due to current data security considerations, it is not possible for people in my office to sign in to Power BI, since it also includes the Power BI Service. This didn't cause any major problems with learning how to use Power BI, as we could enjoy all the Desktop features. With the custom visuals now off limits to those without the professional account, however, we are limited to whatever comes out of the box. Please switch back the ability to download custom visuals without signing in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.