Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. export data that contains link elements do not work

Exporting data just works great; however, if the data view contains a link/href the excel with data is not created.

Please help me on this, as it's important for users adopt this great technology.

Thank you.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Power BI Free users can see Power BI Reports embedded in Teams Channels

At present, users with Power BI Free licenses cannot view Power BI reports embedded in their team's Teams Channels, EVEN if they report in question is hosted on a Premium Workspace. They are forced to view it direct on the Power BI Cloud Service.

This is not a good user experience, and cheapens the proposed value of the Premium product. Free users should be able to see (at minimum) Premium-hosted Reports embedded in Teams Channels, the same as all Pro users are currently able to.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Power-BI-and-Microsoft-Teams/td-p/186860

22 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Composite Model

My model is composite (Many to Many), as it is a preview feature we can only use it for Reporting purpose,sharing is not possible.When can we expect a general release feature for the same.

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• General Tooltip or Infotip for Visuals

It would be cool to have the ability to add Informational Custom Tooltips/Infotips to visuals.

For example, a report curator would be able to add information about what a visual calculates or displays. This could show as a small "i" or "?" that when hovered over, shows a pop over with information about that visual.

This could help users quickly get the most value out of a report and it's containing visuals.

91 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Ability To Enter Comments In a Table or Matrix Graphic

Similar to the idea for commenting on dashboards, but expanded to the table or matrix graphics. Would be a huge win if was integrated in the reports rolls out of commenting.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-dashboard-comments-in-power-bi/

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Search for reports, datasets and workspaces for fields/keywords.

It would be awesome if there was a way to search across all reports and datasets in Power BI, not just what I have access to. Being able to search for "Sales" and see all the different reports that have been made would make discovery a lot easier. Users could see what other users have already built and what datasets are already established. Then users could request access to what they need. This could essentially serve as an automatic data catalog for Power BI to find what others have already done. Perhaps for security have the option for a report…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support for Google Tag Manager to track report usage

We'd love to get more insight as to how (and if) our users are actually using and interacting with our reports. We looked into the JavaScript event model that embedding gives us, but it's quite limited and doesn't really give us what we need.

For example, if we wanted to know how many users as choosing the "Export Data" menu item on reports, we have no way of doing this with current functionality.

So, what would be great is if we could configure a Google Tag Manager container ID at the PBI account level. Then, when reports get rendered, PBI…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• kupiti vozačku dozvolu, kupiti putovnicu, WHATS APP # 1 (9109863818)

kupiti vozačku dozvolu, kupiti putovnicu, WHATS APP # 1 (9109863818) (https://www.fastdocuments.net/)
                  (fb.me/expressdoc48hrs)
                  WHATS APP # 1 (9109863818)
                  web stranica ..... https://www.fastdocuments.net/

kupiti 100% neotkrivene lažne $, £ i SSD kemikalije, podnijeti zahtjev za vozačku dozvolu, podnijeti zahtjev za pištolj, kako mogu dobiti novu putovnicu, gdje mogu kupiti putovnicu? Kupi putovnicu, podnijeti zahtjev za njemačku putovnicu, podnijeti molbu za britansku putovnicu, kupiti njemačku putovnicu, kupiti 100% nepristupačan klasi A $ Bill, €, £ i SSD, kupiti IELTS certifikat bez ispita, kupiti marihuana, kupiti radnu dozvolu,
                  (Možemo se susresti licem u lice kako bismo razgovarali o krivotvorenom novcu)

Dakle, bez…

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Convert Tableau reports to Power BI reports

Yes, Power BI has been able to do even more than what other competitors can offer. But when considering to use Power BI, we do hope there is a quick tool at least can help us automatically convert 80% tableau reports to POwer BI Reports. Thus, it can save us tons of time. Otherwise, most of tableau customers have to stay with it.

9 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • power bi as start page

I'd like my staff and colleagues to be able to set Power Bi as their Start Page when logging on to Office 365. This will support adoption, but importantly support our effort to get people managing through data.

Loads of other aspects of 365 apps there.... OneDrive, even delve... come on Power BI Team get your product promoted and up thwere where it belongs!!!

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Use F4 to copy last action same as other MS products

The users of MS products frequently hit the F4 to make the software apply the latest action performed (change format, add, delete, etc.)

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide further data for the O365 Adoption Preview API

It would be great if in the O365 Adoption Preview, we could break down some of the data further. I would love to break down activity usage per department on a month-by-month basis, however it seems that with the way the data relationships are pulled in - the API doesn't allow for these breakdowns. I can either choose monthly overall activity usage for the whole organisation, or a company breakdown on only the last month's figures.

The monthly data for previous months seem to consist of fixed, predetermined totals rather than figures allocated to specific users which prevents us from…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Formulas and functions

In PowerBI/DAX you need to type out all…

In Excel you can search/select a formula and then simply add/insert/modify the details (cell, columns, numbers etc.) in a submenu. This is much nicer than typing [,:;( in a specific order (DAX) which is too difficult to understand for everyone.

If formulas/functions can be entered like in Excel, will be loved by many people I assume.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• I think it's ridiculous that users cannot sign up for Power BI with an individual email account when they are taking a class in Power BI .

I think it's ridiculous that users cannot sign up for Power BI with an individual email account when they are taking a class in Power BI .

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Reducing the risk of publishing unfiltered data to AAD B2B external users

I have built a two nearly identical reports. One is unfiltered for an internal audience, and the other is RLS-filtered for an external (AAD B2B) audience.

To publish externally, I have a separate PBIX file with RLS that I publish to a separate workspace that I then publish to an App shared externally with a security group in AAD B2B.

However, it is possible that by mistake, I could publish an internal report to the workspace shared with external users.

It would be great to:
                                  1. Detect and flag if a workspace content is being shared externally with individuals or…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 리니지 프리서버

http://www.freepass365.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=busuk 리니지프리서버 프리서버일정
                                    <a href="http://www.freepass365.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=busuk&quot; target="_blank">리니지 프리서버</a>

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve Usage Metrics available for Power BI Service Administrator role.

I am granted a Power BI service admin role which gives me access to usage metrics. As a chief Power BI Administrator in my organisation, i need access to the usage metrics to understand the usage and promote deployment of the tool.
                                      Currently i noticed the following limitations and the current statistics are near to basic.

1. Unable to export data - No export option.
                                      2. Unable to Drill down data - No drill down to do further analysis.
                                      3. we have a read only report meaning you cannot use this data.
                                      4. Usage period not included.
                                      5. Dashboard is…

9 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Our large worldwide organization has multiple Azure AD tenants and we are using Azure AD B2B and guest accounts extensively. We have a need

Our large worldwide organization has multiple Azure AD tenants and we are using Azure AD B2B and guest accounts extensively. We have a need to create multiple PBI tenants but we do not want to maintain local Azure AD accounts to be able to use full functionality of Power BI. Please enable full support for guest accounts in Power BI and allow a guest account to login to a different PBI tenant than the original PBI tenant tied to the primary account in the source AD tenant. Regards

7 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Email Format Improvements or Ability to Modify

I need the ability to modify the email format that gets sent through subscriptions. The size of the image in the email is far too small to be legible in an email window (both on phone and desktop), and prevents us from using subscriptions to fully automate our reporting. This is the biggest drawback to adoption that I face today. Execs don't like the small print or the thick Microsoft borders, which combined require them to open the attachment to read what is supposed to be a quick flash of data for them. It would be great if we had…

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.