Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to fix Roadrunner Email Error 530?

Roadrunner email error 530 occurs when there is an issue with your Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) settings. Here’s a look at the steps you can follow to check the mail server settings on your Roadrunner account so that you can fix Error 530:

• Open the ‘Tools’ section and select your Roadrunner email account.

• Uncheck the option that says ‘Don’t host email account’.

• Go to ‘Properties’ and check the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ settings.

• Tick mark the box the reads “My server requires authentication.”

If you find that Roadrunner Email Error 530 persists even after you followed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to sign a Microsoft Power BI report with a digital signature

Whether it will be implemented opportunity to sign a Microsoft Power BI report with a digital signature like it is possible to sign documents in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stock Advice In India

Before investing in the stock market, it is very important to do a fundamental analysis of companies. Always buy stocks based on stock advice provided by the best stock advisory company. How do you ensure the company offering the stocks advice is the most suitable and unbiased. There is multiple types of factors needs to be considered while opting the stock advisory company for stock advice.
    https://www.researchandranking.com/blog/the-best-stock-advice-to-invest-safe-ahead-of-2019-elections/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add auto-capitilization corrections to intellisense

Add auto-capitalization corrections to IntelliSense, similar to the way it functions in other MS development suites and VBA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Line by line step-through / debugging for M-code advanced editor

Add the ability to step through a query in the advanced editor to evaluate the results line by line. For me, the primary use would be to evaluate and troubleshoot complex custom functions which have no error, but don't produce the results expected. Sometimes it is not possible to separate out each parameter and evaluate individually. I would like to see something similar to using F8 to step through code in Visual Basic, or using the Evaluate tool from the Formulas ribbon within Excel, to be able to step through a function and evaluate each line. Also, it would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. notificações

quando alguém for mencionado em algum comentário no dashboard deveria aparecer um alerta no campo notificação, na barra de menu que fica acima

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Collapsible Information Button and text box

Create a collapsible information button so that when the user clicks on the info button, it opens a box where the developer has typed information for items on that page.

Yes, I can do this with buttons now but it is annoying to do it, especially for a lot of pages (Have to create two info buttons, two text boxes, and create the actions for them)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable "Full Refresh" of Table with Incremental Refresh Policy

Sometimes I want my data model to do a "full refresh," and ignore incremental refresh policies. E.g., when scheduling refreshes in the Service, for each scheduled time, could there please be an option for either incremental or full? And, for dataset refreshes triggered by the Power BI API, could there please be an option to trigger an incremental or full refresh?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. User Filters (Enhanced Security)

Incorporate user filters which can be used when publishing data/reports/dashboards to power bi service.

For each user that has access to power bi service, I would like to be able to incorporate a user filter in my reports/dashboards.

Meaning upon said user login the dashboard is customized(defaults) to the user filter(user id).

Example: Let say I have four territories, North, East, South, West. Regional Manager: John = North, Lucy = East, Bobby = South, Nancy = West.

The user filter would contain these relationships. So for example when John logs into power bi service and looks at my dashboard, all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. new layout power bi service add time on refresh

In the new layout on te power service you can see the refresh date. Please add the time also!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to move the visual title to the bottom of the visual instead of the top

Sometimes I want to add the title of the visual at the bottom of the visual. For example, when adding a title to an image in some cases it's more intuitive for the user to read the title / comments at the bottom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to minimize visualizations section in the visualization pane

currently im using over 20 custom visuals. adding those visuals to my visualizations pane made the field /format/analytics section size too small to see or to work with easily. please make an option where i can minimize the pane vertically (minimize the section), so that i can work on the rest of sections easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Date inputs in slicers should be able to be centered

When you have date inputs together with the slider in a date slicer, you should be able to have the date inputs to be centered above the slider. Like you can center titles and other things in visuals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 希望导出的Excel格式能和展示格式一样

希望PowerBI导出的Excel格式能和展示格式一样

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dynamic Column Creation on basis of slicer selection and use that column as slicer

It would be very use full if create a DAX measure which would store the value of selected slicer and create a column on basis of that dynamically which further can be used as slicer

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bing maps does not create coropletic maps for Spanish provinces

I am trying to create a coropletic map (powered by Bing) and it does not recognize all Spanish provinces because the name of few of them is similar to other provinces in other countries. Example, Córdoba belongs to Spain but it is also valid for a region in Argentina and it is depicted in Argentina and not in Spain

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Best Stock To Buy

Having talked about the qualities of the best stocks to buy, it is equally pivotal to understand the methodology behind selecting such businesses rather than names of specific stocks.
    Source: https://www.researchandranking.com/blog/which-is-the-best-stock-to-buy-in-stock-market/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Long Term Investment

People often scout for different ways to plan for a comfortable retirement. Would it be best to invest in long term investment stocks to build a huge retirement corpus or play safe by investing in traditional investment options?
    Source: https://www.researchandranking.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-best-long-term-investment-plans-for-retirement/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Financial Advisory Service

There are many of financial advisory services in India. But still majority of stock market investors prefer to invest on their own.

Believe it or not, do-it-yourself investing is like self-medication.

Imagine you are in deep pain due to tooth decay and instead of going to dentist you try some home remedies or over the counter pain killers. It may give some temporary relief, however the pain will keep cropping up after every few hours because the root cause of the problem still exists.
    Source: https://www.researchandranking.com/blog/how-rr-is-placed-to-be-one-of-the-top-financial-advisory-services-in-india/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.