Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download crosstab data

There should be an option to download data in crosstab form from any visual. It's very frustrating that the data is currently downloaded in unpivot form.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ISALL or ISTOTAL DAX Function

There needs to be an "ISALL" or "ISTOTAL" DAX function that would return TRUE if the DAX is being calculated in a total row of a matrix or table visualization, for example, and FALSE otherwise. This would make creating measure totals far easier than using HASONEVALUE OR ISINSCOPE where you need to specify individual columns. This is very important for self-service BI in order to protect users that are not aware of the quirks of DAX measure totals.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. locale identefier for tables names and column names as it was Powerview and Pivot table

When I was working with powerview and pivot table.. there is a property in the connection string which is "Locale Identfier=11265"
    which will present my tables and columns names with translation I imported to analysis service using tools like
    (BIDS or SSAS Tabular Translator)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Print relationships view

I would like to be able to print the relationships diagram or download to PDF.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New Filter Experience - suppress counts after values

On the new filter experience - in addition to things like being able to sort the filters, format them individually, etc. - I'd like the ability to be able to suppress the "row counts" that show up after each of the values in the filter.

Those might be useful if the filter is on a fact table - but when there is a filter on a dimension table, the number displayed has absolutely no value to a business user. It doesn't represent data points, etc. - it just shows how many times a value shows up in a particular dimension…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable Bookmarks in the new App Navigation Builder

In the New Navigation Builder (Microsoft Apps) it would be great ot be able to select existing bookmarks to navigate to.

Right now you can add a bookmark link as long as you Open it in the Current Tab, or New Tab. If you try to open it in the Content Area you will receive an error.
    Love this new Navigation Builder, but when you open the Bookmark in a New or Existing tab the navigation panel is removed.
    I have tried to use the URL link of the Bookmark from the App as well as the report, and neither…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable "Full Refresh" of Table with Incremental Refresh Policy

Sometimes I want my data model to do a "full refresh," and ignore incremental refresh policies. E.g., when scheduling refreshes in the Service, for each scheduled time, could there please be an option for either incremental or full? And, for dataset refreshes triggered by the Power BI API, could there please be an option to trigger an incremental or full refresh?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to move the visual title to the bottom of the visual instead of the top

Sometimes I want to add the title of the visual at the bottom of the visual. For example, when adding a title to an image in some cases it's more intuitive for the user to read the title / comments at the bottom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto Units using DAX Format

In several Power BI reports, I need to concatenate numbers with string using DAX to make a insightful statement. While doing so, I observed that the numbers cannot be formatted to Auto Units using a single Format_String in FORMAT() such that they can be displayed as 5K, 10M, 20B, 1,023, 1, 99 etc. based on the filters selected.

Please add a new Format_String for FORMAT() in DAX that can be used to populate numbers in Auto Units format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send (e-mail) updates to App users

After switching from distrubuting our company reports through Workspaces to Apps, I lost the conveniency of sending a update to the Workspace to reach all users, and make them aware of changes/updates in the Reports.
    Access to the Apps is handled by AAD security groups.
    I would like to have a way to send an update to all users, either from within the app, or maybe create a pop-up window within the App that shows up automatically when people open the App?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [무료웹툰 웹툰미리보기 성인웹툰 웹툰다시보기]

[무료웹툰 웹툰미리보기 성인웹툰 웹툰다시보기]

[프리툰] - https://twitter.com/4xR8ZTxUTP2Ls9U
    [무료웹툰] - https://twitter.com/4xR8ZTxUTP2Ls9U
    [성인웹툰] - https://twitter.com/4xR8ZTxUTP2Ls9U
    [웹툰미리보기] - https://twitter.com/4xR8ZTxUTP2Ls9U
    [웹툰다시보기] - https://twitter.com/4xR8ZTxUTP2Ls9U

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Formatting options for key influencers visual

Please consider adding formating options (colors, titles etc) for key influencers visual, so it can be added to any report and fit in as part of the report instead of standing out as it does now

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Automatic option for "Display units" under Field formatting in Table visual

Currently all charts and cards have an option to automatically format units in Thousands, Millions etc depending on the size of the number. For the Table and Matrix visuals however, we have to manually select one of them, which does not work well across dimensions with very different number sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dynamic currency formatting

There are a number of ideas relating to currency formatting but none quite capture the essence of the issue at hand.

Dynamically changing the currency *is* entirely possible through a number of means.

What isn't possible at the moment is displaying/formatting the output in a meaningful way.

Assuming you have a currency slicer and a 'dynamic' measure, there are as far as I know there are three options:

- Format as decimal number (trusting the user to infer currency from slicer/filter selection)
    - E.g. FORMAT([Sales], "$#,##0.0") which converts the measure to text and we lose the ability to sort values…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Minimize Navigation Builder (Smaller than 240px)

I really like the new "Navigation Builder". It would be nice if it would minimize completely out or at least down to the "hamburger" size of the default menu. When in full screen report mode, I need an option to maximize the report to as much space as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export current theme as a Json file

We have a wonderful option - switch theme to import theme as a JSON file.It would be great to have an export option to export current theme as a JSON file from a report.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Logs for Power-bi report execution duration and selected filter/slicer values

1. Can we have Power-bi report execution duration captured in the log just like SSRS log

2. Is there any possibility to log selected Filter/Slicer values

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. error investigation

When an error occurs, I want to know the problem and how to handle it.
    Also, I want you to implement a function that allows users to investigate based on errors when they occur.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Whats new or changed initial popup

We create Reports and upload them to Power BI online then share them with a number of other users.

When we upload a new version of the report with changes i.e. new tabs or moved visuals it would be helpful if there was an initial popup window when the report is loaded for report readers to acknowledge that allows up to explaining the updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set Frame size in Sharepoint Web Part

The Power BI Web Part (embed in sharepoint online) works well for me, but I want to adjust the frame size.

I have a report that is wider and longer than the web part frame so I have double vertical and horizontal scrollbars. The only options for frame size are '16:9' or '4:3'.

The frame size should default to the report size (or allow input of height and width of the iframe in px)

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.