Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Service outage email updates.

I have seen multiple requests for help on receiving service outage updates by regions so I am creating an idea. Users need to be able to receive automated notifications of Power BI Service outages based on their regions without having to manually navigate to this page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RLS should be applied to subscriptiond

RLS (Row level security) and applied filters should be applied when a user subscribes to a PowerBI report

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When you send a 'contact' email address in a note it should accept emails from recipients

You sent an email stating that I needed a new email address to continue using Power BI. That email contained a 'contact' link for questions. When I sent a note to that mail it was rejected. If you are going to send email containing a contact link it should accept email from your targeted recipients.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to connect to this page I can not put it because it tells my login data are not correct which they are in normal desktop correctly. C

https://powerbi.chiesi.com/reports/powerbi/Germany/Primary%20Care/ADM/1%20Dashboard%20PC

Hi, I want to login to the link above but it is not okay cause the system gives me an error which my login data are not correct but I can correct go into desktop version on safari nobly the App shows me another data . Can u please help me further?
    Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like restrict private only by default when user create new workspace in Microsoft PowerBI

Customer would like restrict private only by default when user create workspace in Microsoft PowerBI. Customer don't user choose public when user create workspace.(disable automatic public).Can you provide solution policy or PS?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Overview ind help doc.microsoft

A general comment:
    almost all help i docs.microsoft, do not give you a proper overview. The discription often go into detail at once, which mean, that you as a reader don't know what to fokus on. So, you focus on everything. This is VERY frustrating (image you are on the wrong help-page) and take a LOT of time. Please give an overview on top of EACH page, so you easily can judge, if you are one the right page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. traducir paginas

Si necesitan un traductor para pasar al español los tutoriales Google tiene uno bueno...

If you need a translator to pass the tutorials into Spanish, Google has a good one ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I suggest to create a demo version of Power BI for the training.

A demo version of the Power BI should be created which can guide on step to step function of product to the trainees. In my opinion it will be more effective than videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Upgrading Power BI Trial Account

When the trial period ends, upgrading to a pay version is complicated. The price quoted was $9 (usd) per user.

"Following the link that says that my trial version is expiring takes me to a documentation page on how to pay instead of taking me to the actual payment site. Following the docs, it now displays a different price ($179,80!) for one user, and I'm not sure if this is dollars, pesos or any other currency." (translated from Spanish)

When attempting to purchase the paid version of Power BI, the link should take you to the payment site. The price…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dynamic Range Filters - Pushdown Support

Currently Power BI DAX engine always converts dynamic range filters to list filters. By dynamic range filters we mean a filter expression like

[Column] <comparison operator> <dynamic value>

where <dynamic value> is a non-literal expression that calculates a value based on a user selection on the report. This also applies to the case when a static range filter is transferred to another column across a relationship. The DAX Engine should add optimization to push dynamic range filters as range filters instead of list filters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to Activate History Channel on Roku?

First of all, you must go to the Roku channel store.

Secondly, input the name of the channel as History and wait for the result.

Get the app and choose the Add channel option.

Now, open the app on your Roku device, and this will show you the History channel app activation code.

On the other hand, navigate to history.com/activate using a web browser.

Finally, choose the pay TV provider and enter the activation code to start with the procedure of activation. 

Do you need further information queries regarding how to activate the History app using history.com/activate? Dial…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Attachment error - When receive an email from "Sign" option Report

When i receive an email from a Sign Report the there is a attachment "noname" with no extension.

If i download this archive and change the extension to ".png" or ".jpg" i can open the image correctly.

Why the archive is sent this way?

I should have the name of the Sign and the extension of an image. (For example, in my case: "Vendas.png")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fixing power bi Embedded JS SDK Tuple filter allowing filtering two Columns inside the same table.

In the documentation it is mentioned that the is a special filter exactly for that call 'Tuple'  filter which allow us to filter multiple columns within the same table when using the  custom visual hierarchy slicer : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW5NZHTZlPw 

Tuple filter documentation: https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki/Filters   

The custom visual hierarchy slicer works just fine but when i  have try to use the Tuple filter it turns out it is not really supported.

When you apply the filter to the slicer with the js sdk code it keeps returning errors, saying the filter is not valid. 

I have contacted the support team (who where very willing to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the delete function

When renaming a report, and removing the old name using the delete key (keyboard) it will delete the character or (selected string) however right after it removes the string/char it asks for a confirmation to delete the page also. Although I am still in the "Rename" page function, and am not trying to delete the page just the string/char for the Page Name.

Windows 10 64 bit
    Power BI Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power BI Service (App.powerbi.com) Bug - Image displacement in Windows vs. Mac

Hello everyone,

I am running into a weird issue when i run a report in power bi service. There is an image that i added to the report and the image position and report looks good in a windows machine (Chrome browser). But, in a macbook, the same image gets displaced when i view the report using Chrome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix broken links at https://community.powerbi.com/

If you visit https://community.powerbi.com/ and go down to the bottom of the page and click Sign Up, it takes you to https://community.powerbi.com/en-us/get-started/ which doesn't exist and you get an error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow user registration at https://community.powerbi.com/ to work

I'm registered at powerbi.com as david AT arbaptist.org.au and I can logon just fine, but at https://community.powerbi.com/ it will not allow me to successfully logon or register. What happens is that I logon and then I'm back at the screen where I'm not logged in and have to logon again but it doesn't work consistently so I can't logon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.