Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. audit subscriptions

In the PowerBI Audit Logs, the View Report activity does not differentiate whether the "view" was the result of a report subscription running, or a direct user view.

This needs to be split out so we can report on active or passive report views.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the use of relationships in table variables to simulate dynamic calculated columns with what if parameters

If a user has a what if parameter that he/she would like to use to calculate a result for a calculated column, the user can do this with a table variable within a measure and then apply a relationship to that table variable so that the calculated column can be plotted on the same chart as the original table measures.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Nonlinear trendlines

Similar to Excel, please make the trendlines feature more versatile and add the option for polynomial, logarithmic, and exponential trendlines for scatter plots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There must be some option in line and bar charts to show values as % of Row Or Column Total, But we have only % Grad Total.

When it comes to showing values the in % we have only "% of grand total option", which is not relevant for everyone. Sometimes we need an option to show the value as % of row or column total/subtotal in charts and bars not only in Matrix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. DAX function to create column with shifted rows

Create a DAX function that reads a given column, then creates a new column where the contents of each row in the original column are shifted n times above/below in the new column. This can be used for previous sales entries or moving range charts.

I have noticed there are many creative ways of achieving this in DAX (it must be DAX as this is needed for calculated columns) online, but most of these methods are quite resource hungry. Having an established method from you guys will help many in the Power BI community.

Big up to Power BI -…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Report Semanal

Seria interessante e importante podermos aceder a um report semanal, para dessa forma podermos intervir junto dos colaboradores com maiores dificuldades.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it easier to know what each created report can do

Beside each individual report in Q Analytics, can we place a small "i" and the user can click on this as a link to take them to a very short video of how to use this individual report. This would be a great way to teach our customers (and us) and with the frequency with which we are adding reports this would be a scalable way to stay on top of them and keep our subscribed Dealerships current with what is new and how to use everything that we build in Q Analytics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. statistics algorithms for quick measure

please we need to add more effective complex measures for quick measure feature like (
    -Prediction (e.g., linear regression)
    -Classification (e.g., decision trees, k‐nearest neighbors) -Time‐series forecasting (e.g., regression‐based
    -outliers identifier

-and allow developers to add their own Dax Measures to be built in for daily use.

Thanks,

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Power BI Publisher for Excel - New Workspace support

Power BI Publisher for Excel gave users an easy way to pull data sets into excel for analysis without having to go out to the Power BI service. Unfortunately, it only works with the Old Workspace experience. Will it be updated so that you can connect to data sets in New workspaces directly from excel?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an option for date filtering

In many fields and companies, the data is not always most up to date. Today Data might be only available after 1 or 2 days when IT dep. run batch. Therefore, please kindly add an option (tick) to choose latest date of data just like the option "Include today" or Change "Include today" to "Latest date available".
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In a Dial Gauge Filter, how to set the target value as percentage of the max value?

I want to set the the target end value as say 50% of the max value. How to do it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calculate the Sum at an Aggregated level

We have the measure to calculate Average, Min, Max and Variance for an aggregated level. can we have the option of calculating SUM at an aggregated level please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Darstellung prozentuale Abweichung in allen Gerätekostenstellen

Es wäre von Vorteil, wenn die prozentuale Abweichung in allen Gerätekostenstellen (Tabellen) sichtbar ist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When we have large amount of data we load Quarter and Year and it's becoming very difficult for YoY or QoQ calc because of date format

I am trying to create revenue YoY or QoQ but the problem is with Date format, I am not pulling date into power Bi data and YoY calc is not taking Quarter, Year value which I have. Is there any way I can calculate YoY for last 5 quarters data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to Group without Totaling

I want to Hierarchy/Group names together but I already have a Total Name established in my data that differs slightly from the Total of all of the Names. I would like to be able to Create a hierarchy within a Column with the option to not total. Today it doubles my data as it totals all of them up which I already have identified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option on which refresh changes to save and be able to show the trends - history graphs

At refresh data gets superseded. There is no way to show the trends and create history graphs.

With an option to choose which Refreshes to save datasets would be easy to create visuals on trends. (Option to choose would avoid saving saving datasets that are not useful)

I am currently manually typing in the numbers before I refresh into excel to create a weekly trends visual. There has to be a smart BI way to do this.

PS I have seen similar ideas on this website. I chose to create a new to emphasize on the option on which datasets…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. it would be helpful to show production falling off in our life to pc cross sell numbers

it shows our pc cross sell numbers but not what is falling of next month in our r12 analytics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Iterative Calculations

In Excel, you have the ability to navigate to File/Options/Formulas and "Enable Iterative Calculations". This allows you to run iterative calculations that are "Circular References".

Power BI NEEDS THIS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display data by week?

Plotting data vs Day, Month, Year, is fine, but why is there no Week option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.