Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable Export data function in Power BI Embeded

Currently Export data can be disabled from the service but not from Power BI Embeded. We want to keep our data from being able to exported by others and see Power BI Embeded as our prefered roll out solution but the lack of ability to turn off the export feature means that we are not currently able to use Embeded for this purpose. Ideally we need a way to control export data at a visual level but at minimum control at a dashboard / report level. This is a high priority feature for us to be able to complet our…

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.
    We are planning to add this capability as part of other Admin controls changes through API.
    For the first phase, we will support the control in the embedded object level (i.e. report/ Dashboard/ Tile)

2. Default Slicer Values via Query Parameter

I have been using Query Parameters on my Embedded reports for a while now, which is great!
    Now I have been asked to default the parameter but allow users to select others. The problem here is query paramater sets a report filters values, and inturn the values available to the slicer are filtered.

When using embedded reports users don't have access to the filters on the right hand side, therefore I would request that we have a way to pass in slicer selections as part of the query.

Whilst I am on this, it would be nice if this change…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Analyze in Excel Standard Pivot Table Aggregations

The Analyze in Excel feature is an excellent addition to Power BI. For an enhancement, I recommend adding the ability to utilize Excel's standard pivot table functionality of adding implicit measures for numeric fields from source data. This functionality would be similar to the process for creating pivot tables with Power Pivot where custom measures can be used with standard Excel measures in the same pivot table.

The requirement to create custom measures for simple aggregations (i.e. sum of xx numeric field) removes one of the largest advantages of creating summarizations in Excel. It is also difficult for report developers…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  5 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.