Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About Power BI Embedded Peak Renders per hour

The Peak Renders per hour for Power BIEmbedded A4 is 2400.
    When assigning the same node to multiple workspaces, please make it possible to set Peak Renders per hour for each workspace.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. embedded report unable to enter full screen mode

I have reports embedded in Microsoft OneNote and the full screen mode is not working. Can this be included?

THANKS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. app vs workspace

We are setting up the glossary for all the reports been published. The current limitation we have is we don't have an API to export the powerbi report which is published in apps also there is no relation exposed between apps and workspace. we would like to have these feature so that we can parse the reports in apps and build glossary

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Having ONE and ONLY ONE article that explain how to use the API !

It's crazy I'm 3h in and I can't figure where on the 10 different website I need to create user, give permission, grant consent of whatever....

I mean I created a user on Power BI, why in the world there's no simple instruction how to use the API ? Why do I need an account on Azure to be able to create an organization, then create an owner that will be able to grant consent to my app in the azure portal ?!?!?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. custom layout for grouping

There is a dynamic layout on sample site Showcase that rearrange the position of the visuals into columns.
    https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html#
    We are using this feature but the thing is that we are also using grouping in Power BI Desktop, as described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-grouping-visuals

Some of our visuals are grouped as whole.
    When group of visuals is embedded while also using custom layout. The group got separated and our design based on the grouping will not be displayed.
    We would like keep the visuals grouped(as it is displayed in Power BI Desktop) and not separated when it is embedded with custom…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Embedding Q&A experience for multiple datasets

Power BI Embedded service supports embedding Q&A for a single dataset in the Power BI workspace at a given point of time. However, it does not support embedding Q&A on multiple datasets simultaneously. Would be really helpful if this feature is enabled/developed.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Buy real USA/UK/GERMAN/CANADIAN Passports online,drivers license, ID Cards Visas, residents Permit WhatsApp..+1(954)299-3523) www.validdocum

Buy real USA/UK/GERMAN/CANADIAN Passports online,drivers license, ID Cards Visas, residents Permit WhatsApp..+1(954)299-3523) www.validdocumentsonline.com// validpapersonline@gmail.com

Buy Drivers License online WhatsApp..+1(954)299-3523) www.validdocumentsonline.com// validpapersonline@gmail.com

BUY REAL PASSPORTS,DRIVERS LICENSE,GMAT,IELTS,WhatsApp..+1(954)299-3523) www.validdocumentsonline.com// validpapersonline@gmail.com

https://www.validdocumentsonline.com

Contact emails ......... validpapersonline@gmail.com

WHATSAPP .........+1(954)299-3523

Skype ........ ricardoclemenson

buy real passport, genuine passport for sale, fake passport for sale online, buy real and fake passport online, buy real genuine fake passport online, purchase passport online, buy legal american passport, purchase fake US passport online, purchase fake EU passport,

Our website .. https://www.validdocumentsonline.com

Contact emails ......... validpapersonline@gmail.com

WHATSAPP .........+1(954)299-3523

Skype ........ ricardoclemenson

Buy Second Passport

Citizenship

Buy Driver's License…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Accessing PowerBI reports through Alexa or Google Assistant for Senior Management

PowerBI should connect to Alexa or Google Assistant for quick reports. Taking QnA to the next level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customize CSS from Javascript API

it's a good idea if we can customize css from embedded page.
    For example, i want add overflow:hidden at Class .dashboardViewSlider .dashboard from https://app.powerbi.com/13.0.10882.216/styles/powerbi.min.css file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add search report/dashboard functionality to PowerBI REST API

There is a search function on PowerBI homepage which can search for reports or dashboards. But the feature is not available in PowerBI REST API so far.

It should be very useful if the PowerBI REST API can support this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update Direct Query Data Source in Composite Model using REST API

For a Composite Model, right now REST APIs only update data sources for Direct Import tables. There should be ability to update Direct Query data sources as well using REST APIs. Right now this can be done only using PowerBI Desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. (New Look) for Embedded

Please add (New Look) for Embedded scenarios.

It is unfortunate that a report experience would work one way under development and one way when embedded. Perhaps a javascript configuration option would allow the "new look" to take effect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Buy IELTS/pmp certificate Online without  Exam -(WhatsApp:: +16624520045) 

Email.. ieltscertificate29@gmail.com

WhatsApp;+16624520045)

to BUY ORIGINAL IELTS,TOEFL,PTE etc CERTIFICATESwe provide Official certificate with registration into the database and actual center stamps for customers interested in obtaining the certificate without taking the test..Hi friends do you Need Band 5,6 7, 8, 8.5 or 9 in Ielts, (( online consultants )) is Where you can Get/Gain/Buy/Obtain Registered Ielts, Toefl, Gre, nebosh,esol, celta/delta,pte, gmat Certificate Without Attending Any Exam or Sitting in a Class Room with Online verification possible. ect… Certificates for sale!!!!For Candidates preparing for IELTS TOEFL Exams Certificates for sale!!!!For Candidates preparing for IELTS TOEFL ExamsHi everyone. I’m marry Ali’s I’m…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. API to get a Power BI report as PDF/PPT w/ report page parameter

API to get a Power BI report as PDF and/or PPT. I request a report page parameter to specify the specific report page(s) to be included in the PDF/PPT. If the report page parameter is not maintained, all report pages are to be included in the PDF/PPT.

This should allow us to create an Azure Logic Apps Custom Connector based on this new Power BI API. We could then create a Azure Logic App to distribute and consolidated many PDF/PPT Power BI reports into a single email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OData Webapi OAuth

If you have a modern API using Oauth/OpenId for example for Azure AD Auth, you need a Custom Connector. This is a bit an overkill, this should be integrated in Power BI.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rest API Apps list and specific App contents (reports, dashboards, users)

I've been using the Power BI REST API to get the list of reports/datasets/dashboards/tiles/members/etc.), but don't see any option to get the list of Apps and the contents of a specific App (reports, dashboards, app members).

Please add this to the REST API!

We really need the Apps list and app contents (reports list, etc) and security information (members that have access to a specific App).

Thanks!

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  7 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification to customers when Power BI Embedded UI is updated

Several times something in our embedded reports suddenly stopped working. The culprit was MS had performed some update to the Power BI Embedded UI/environment.

We'd like to be notified when MS's Product Group updates the UI engine (i.e. whatever it is that determines the HTML, JavaScript, and CSS that is rendered in browser) for our embedded reports.

Example 1: We have an automation engine that identifies specific areas of the report to access (ex: to click a button) in order to do testing. That engine needs to be constantly tweaked to adjust what it is it's searching for due to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pagesLayout set pageName dynamically

I'm trying to create a function to set the pagesLayout property of the report settings without hardcoding the page name. e.g. below replacing the "ReportSection" page name with a string variable rptPageName.  Is there any way to do this?

updatePageSettings ("ReportSection")

function updatePageSettings (rptPageName){

var pageSizeSetting {...}
    var pageLayoutSetting {...}

let settings = {
        layoutType: models.LayoutType.Custom,
        customLayout: {
           pageSize: pageSizeSetting,
           displayOption: models.DisplayOption.FitToPage,
           pagesLayout: {
                rptPageName : pageLayoutSetting
           }
        }
    }

};

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Embed the real time reports of power Bi to Power Point

Currently, Power Bi allows you to embed reports into web. But it would be really useful if Power BI embed gives you the option to display real time reports (Live reports) from web to power point.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto Mobile View Embeding/Publishing to Public Web

Hi,

I am a GIS professional just trying out Power BI for about a week now. I really like the desktop tool, however I mostly plan to publish my report in various websites, publicly available. I tried and published to web from Power BI online account, all works great except it does not automatically switch to mobile view when opened with a mobile device, even though I have separately designed a mobile version of the report using the desktop tool. Also really annoying to have a "Report Issue" button on the online Power BI, but it fails to sign me…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.