Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rest API to create report from web application

This would allow developers to generate/create reports based on the users' input and show it immediately after that. It will be useful to show users what is the result of their predefined values.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When we generate an web url or embeded code we can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Linkerin but not on Yammer. Please add this button.

When we generate an web url or embeded code we can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Linkerin but not on Yammer. Please add this button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Limit History in Stream Data Sets

It would be awesome if there is a possibility to limit the history of stream data sets. It would be also great if you can archive all data above the Limit in a SQL Database or something simular as an option. BTW you should be able to set alerts to the current streamed value to track critical values.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. URL Paramerters used in Direct Query Datasources

I need to push parameters from a URL in a Dataset that used DirectQuery to a Azure DB to filter the data in the source system.

Szenario: A Product ID from a operational system can filter a Power BI Dashboard to display the performance of a product.

With this feature we can use Power BI Dashboards in a operational reporting and a good performance on the datasource.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Only authorized websites can display the data

Share data / graphs at authorized websites in the Power BI portal

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Try the API" link on dev.powerbi.com is broken

The "Try the API" link on dev.powerbi.com used to take you to the Apiary, but now is broken.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 这个校验请求连接地址合法性的过程是什么样的?

使用Rest API嵌入的最后一步操作embed the report in your web page
    var iframe = document.getElementById('ifrTile');
    iframe.src = 'https://embedded.powerbi.com/appTokenReportEmbed?reportId=2027efc6-a308-4632-a775-b9a9186f087c';
    iframe.onload = function() {
    var msgJson = {
    action: "loadReport",
    accessToken: "<?=$apptoken?>",
    height: 500,
    width: 722
    };
    var msgTxt = JSON.stringify(msgJson);
    iframe.contentWindow.postMessage(msgTxt, "*");
    这个地方为什么是iframe先加载url地址,加载完成之后再往窗口发送msgTxt.
    这个校验请求连接地址合法性的过程是什么样的?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need an easy way to pull back all rows from an API/WebService without code.

Need an easy way to pull back all rows from an API/WebService. A set up that will pause and parse until it gets all rows of data, ex. JSON, currently working on pulling data from CA Agile Central and limited to 2k rows, but need to get to over 10-20k rows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Manage Embed Codes" admin disable other users embed codes

Administrators need to be able to see and disable individual embed codes, not just their own embed codes. If someone else shares data that shouldn't be shared then goes on vacation, etc., IT needs to be able to disable that embed code.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cannot use the old table name

After I delete an table on the right hand-side of the report, it should be able to create another with the old name. Currently, I cannot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Connecting to Power BI data models from R

The reports I usually do in my company are generated trough Rmarkdown documents. It would be nice to be able to connect to a PowerBI dataset or Report to include some of the analysis performed in PowerBI to complement the other analysis made in the report. In this way you could share the PowerBI dashboard or report to the stakeholders if they want to slice and dice what was reported to them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Publish specific tiles and visuals to web

Publish specific tiles and visuals to web and embed it to a website just like what you can do with the live pages

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is there a way to apply queries on Power BI using REST API?

Hi,

I am using REST APIs for creating report and embed into iframe of my web page. But it seems this approach has very limited functionality as per my experience.

I would like to use following functionality:

- Apply filters by querying on data on the fly
    - I want to use scheduled refresh using Power BI while connecting to the MySQL database.

Please let me know your suggestions, if I am missing something here.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Power Bi Embedded

Power BI Embedded that using MySQL as data source and the data can be refreshed

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. power BI should support http2 especially for Direct Query.

PowerBI should support HTTP2. When doing direct query there can be a lot of requests and because they are all going to the same domain they get queued up. With HTTP2 things would load fase

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power bi without interface login can get authority

My project need provide user brow their report and dashboard they asked me can without interface logging showing their report . but power bi api reset not find this function .
    I need people support this function . Let's user brow my web not login power bi interface can brow their report and anything from power bi service
    thank you every
    plz vote this idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Power BI - Publish to Web

Currently we have an option to publish reports to web.. publicly shared.. If only we could also have an option to limit the sharing of the reports in web by providing emails or access token to view the published report for web

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. See all reports in Azure

Could be nice if we could see reports we've uploaded to Azure IN Azure and upload them directly through this.
    Also an update function will be neccessary, it would be a mess to update all Reports daily manually.
    Please work on this useful features.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Download Content pack from PowerBI Office365 to edit on PowerBi Desktop

Possibilty to download a report or content datapack created on PowerBI Office 365 and edit on PowerBi Desktop to publish again on Office 365 groups, maybe the option to sincronice PBD to my work area.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.