Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve UX for fingers while navigating Slicer in Mobile

To have a filter on top of dashboard, we use slicers in horizontal mode but to navigate through left or right the only way is pressing the arrows on left or right which is not easy. slicer does not recognize the movement of the fingers and intuitive navigation need to be adopted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a phone call from app

I want to be able to format a number with a user action to click to make a call from their mobile. Similarly I also want to format email address so that they can click to send email from mobile or web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Power Bi komplett in Deutsch bzw Systemsprache...

...sowie auch die Formatierungen! Aktuell wird die Englische Variante übernommen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Published URL should be mobile Friendly.

I have created both the phone version and main versions of my reports and published this on the online Power BI service.

How can I now get others to view the MOBILE LAYOUT report from their mobile phones when I send them a URL?

Other comments:

This is an extremely important KEY feature that we all need. The ability to share data to others using a mobile layout is very vital in todays world.

When I create reports and share URLs with friends and colleagues, it defaults automatically on their phones to a main view layout which is not very…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. change tooltip report size

It would be a great idea to create the possibility to change the size of the report page tooltip.

It would also be a grate idea to alow users to order/change/remove data from the default tootip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share Option for reports/dashboards under App Workspace in Power BI Mobile App

Share option needs to be available for reports/dashboard under App Workspace in Power BI Mobile App

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have more than 2 accounts. How can i see both?

I have more than 5 or 6 companies. I use microsoft office in all of them. In power bi app i have 2 companies using this report. Because i i have 2 account in power pi , it is hard for me first i quit than i enter the other account.

Is there any shortcut that i can use botj my accounts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drag and Drop Tiles in dashboard Mobile view mode

Drag and Drop tiles in dashboard mobile view mode. Currently when a new tile is added to a dashboard, when you go into mobile view to pin the new tile to the mobile view list you have to drag the tile from the bottom towards the area you would like to position. For those who have multiple (over 20) tiles to manage on a dashboard and you go into the mobile view mode to position your new tile takes time to drag the tile from the bottom to the area you would like to position the tile. It would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Showing the last page button in mobile(iOS) for feature request

In Power BI Paginated reports last page button is not displayed in iOS app(iPhone, iPad) when compare to the web experience. To get into last page, need to go thought every button.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Animation type options on Mobile App for WIN10

It would be great to have possibility to choose different animation types when slide is changing (similar as PowerPoint animation options) in presentation mode on power bi mobile app for Win10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More Accurate Mobile Layout

Mobile layout with smaller grid squares. This will make easier to ajust views in the screen.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Externally Shared Reports to "Shared with Me" Section in Mobile App Without Switching Tenants

When an external user opens the Power BI app and logs in, by default he/she is connected to his/her default tenant. The user has to somehow force a tenant switch using one of the methods outlined in this article (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-mobile-apps-now-support-azure-ad-b2b-guest-users/) to access the report being shared to him/her from the external tenant. Ideally the app would be smart enough to look for content shared with the user outside of the current tenant in the “Shared with me section” so he/she could Favorite the report and not always have to refer back to a URL (that is external from…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. visual visible

control visual visible on mobile / desktop layout

The possibilty to show Visuals on mobile layout and surpess them on desktop layout.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Public Mobile Report Link

Create a link to share BI Pro public report which has already bee created in bi, but you can not post it to the public currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable ACTION LINKS in Report Server mobile Power BI

Currently the action links are not working as expected in PB Report server mobile App. Its been enabled for Power BI App service. when we use Action links on any of the reports in Report server app, the links are not doing anything or directing to the browser link instead of navigating to app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto Data Refresh while opening report on SSAS

Would like to share and know if it is possible to auto refresh the data on Mobile with a refresh data button. Further; if it is possible that the mobile report built on SSAS Cube auto refreshes data while opening. This will be good for end user experience. We know that when the page is pulled down it refreshes the data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add the possibility to show a report's tab or not in the mobile app

In the same report I have 6 tabs optimised for the desktop version and 2 optimised for the mobile app. When I open this report on my phone I would like to see ONLY the 2 tabs optimised for the mobile app and not the other tabs. A solution could be having a checkbox "show in the mobile app" for each tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turn off drill down option in tool tip

In the mobile app version of Power BI, there is currently no way to choose whether we can turn on or off the drill down option within a tool tip. It is determined by whether there is a hierarchy in place only.

Idea is to be able to toggle on and off this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blocking or not showing certain reports in the mobile view

Not all desktop developed reports should be made available as tabs / content for mobile view. Blocking or not showing certain tabs in the mobile view will help manage which content is best suited to be delivered on a mobile device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Users should be able to navigate with bookmarks in PowerBI mobile Apps in offline mode.

Users should be able to navigate with bookmarks in PowerBI mobile Apps in offline mode. Currently we cannot navigate to different bookmarks when viewing reports in offline mode in PowerBI mobile App.
    This would really help the end users when they are travelling to low network connectivity areas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.