How can we improve Power BI?

Vertical and horizontal multiples (Small Multiples/Trellis)

As it is realized in Power View for Excel. THNX!

743 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander Lyskovets shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Corey Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE enable this: It should be VERY easy to use the tooltip page functionality as a value output in a matrix. This should require very little code.

This has to happen, and soon. Without this, PowerBI is still hamstrung as far as the ability to dynamically present filtered data.

• Lee Emmerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the key missing features as far as I'm concerned. Until this is a standard feature (I know the infographic custom visual can go some way towards doing this), I'll stick with Tableau

• Marzhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important. we are working on replatforming microstrategy dashboards and Microstrategy's availability of trellies and dynamic axis is makes this very complicated

• Tim Enalls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Power BI needs a robust trellis / small multiples chart functionality as soon as possible. Anyone who has spent a great number of hours making visualizations would eventually conclude that this functionality is an absolute must have.

• NEdmonds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would extend this idea to more than just line visualizations; I have a valid business scenario for having small multiple pie charts, which I can easily accomplish in Tableau, with very minimal effort.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This the biggest weakness of power bi that make me use microstrategy desktop

• Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree!!! Power BI has to have this capability.

• John-Paul Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An external consultancy I'm working with produced some sample output in Tableau. The dynamic trellis function is really well implemented and scales nicely to the page and looks really good. Onlt having Tableau reader, I tried to replicate in both Power BI and QlikView. Qlikview has this capability, but it is impossible to get make a usable visualistaion. Power Bi appears not to have this capability at all. This is a something that is urgently needed to make Power BI a real contender.

• Brett Burkhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS drives me nuts with stuff like this. “All the functionality you are use to plus much much more! However, you can’t (insert something important I use all the time)”

It’s driving me insane

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look at implementing this. Killer feature that Tableau has over PBI

• Steven Kienle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having to drop into R to produce some of the visualizations my customers want, but then I lose drill down, which is a pretty big lost. Power BI really needs this.

• Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolute must have, if you want to do serious information design, I would love to see this sooner than later!

• Alberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are serious after going after Tableau, this is a must-have. I hope this is a top priority in your roadmap. Please...

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.