How can we improve Power BI?

Vertical and horizontal multiples (Small Multiples/Trellis)

As it is realized in Power View for Excel. THNX!

413 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander LyskovetsAlexander Lyskovets shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TylerTyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help to close the gap with Tableau. Hope to see this available soon!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the best competitive advantages Tableau has over Power BI. Using formulas to manipulate the row and columns shelves to create a 3X3 or 5x5 trellis or just a simple vertical or horizontal small multiples viz.

R integration in Power BI can get us part way with the faceting in ggplot2, but I think we lose out on potential for meaningful interactions.

I would be nice if this was a built-in feature for Power BI that allowed for some cool brushing interactions between the multiple to help with comparisons.

Yes, please add this! This would open up so many possiblities that are currently only possible in Tableau

Vertical Multiples is a nice feature in PowerView, but has never made it so far into PowerBi's Toolkit for visualization.
        Would be so easy to rebuild dashboards from PowerView with the feature of "vertical multiples" again.

• Kurt DKurt D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strange that this is not available in powerbi as this was one of the first features in powerview... please add this usefull functionality

• Rob CollieRob Collie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was probably the ONLY good thing about Power View (ok except for Maps), and I agree with others here that its omission from PBI Desktop is strange - and definitely unfortunate.

• belvoirbelvoir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful in finance, with different teams, regions, product groups, etc all displayed together.
        Saw an interesting video in Power View on this, showing it used with Olympic medals and pie charts. Very nice.

• Mark WilcockMark Wilcock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolutely basic requirement. It is a startling omission for the current set of capabilities.

• Rafal LukawieckiRafal Lukawiecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of small multiples/trellis/panels/conditioning, whatever the name you may prefer, is a condiderable customer grief which pushes them towards competitors.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.