How can we improve Power BI?

conditional formatting in tables

It was implemented in charts but not in tables or matrixes.

896 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

marcelo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

167 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Arun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why conditional formatting on tables are not working if there is only one row?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have stated, I would also not consider this complete. True conditional formatting, as you know from your product Excel, should allow for highlight one or more cells based off of cell value or ranges. Providing a gradient off of minimum and maximum is truly not valuable.

• priya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Conditional Formatting applied to total value of that column or not?
    Is that feature is available in Power BI desktop?

• LS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto to Scott A below. Conditional Formatting in tables is not complete by any means.

• Scott A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not complete by any stretch of the imagination. I do not want GRADIENTS in my conditional formatting. I just want any value over 25 to show up as red... not all sorts of shades of red starting BELOW 25 and higher. Ridiculous implementation of a standard and basic feature.

When I right clicked on value the conditional formatting option did not appear - also it would be awesome if I could format an entire row based on one cell value - I am using as a forecast report from CRM and want commit to be green, upside yellow, all others none

• Eric McGowan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Power BI needs conditional formatting closer to Excel. I would like to format by text entries such as "contains" or "starts with"

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This implementation severely lacking functionality. For example, I want to use 5 particular colors that are part of my company's design standards. Not possible as I see it.

• prashanthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    Is there an option to conditionally format the whole row of a table visualization and not just the cell on which the condition is based on? Also, how do one turn on or off the totals.subtotals in a matrix or table chart?

Agree that this should not be marked complete. There are many other types of conditional formatting that are not available.

• Kees Kuip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider marking this as not completed because it is much to basic for my needs.
    Ik need to format cells dependend on other measures

• José Pintor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect have the possibility to format conditionally rows in tables or matrixes?
    I still seeing it only available in charts!

Tkanks!

• Kelly Hurtado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update this functionality. I want the same kind of options I have in Excel. Right now, I mainly need to highlight values that are negative. This should be available.

• Øystein Aas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi.

I think this feature is not as good as it could be.
    I - as many others have requested - am looking into conditionally formatting an entire row based on the value of one column, that does not necessary need to be shown in the table at all. Example: We use tables to give in-depth information about our deviations. The deviations have levels of severity, but we do not show this level in the table. Howerver it would be very visual and useful to use conditionally formatting to highlight the severity without including the specific level of severity.

Is it possible to conditionally format full rows in a table (not just specific columns) based on the value of a particular column - which may not even appear in the table?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.