How can we improve Power BI?

Refresh dashboards tiles when i change a report

It very annoying having to re-draw every dashboard that uses a specific report. It would be nice having automatic refresh of the dashboard tile when I change a report involved.

455 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alberto Alpizar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Debi Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE please fix this! It's really time-consuming, repetitive, and a waste of time to have to redo the dashboard tiles.

• Peter Haynes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the dashboard needs to update based on the chart or at least have an option to allow that . If you change data slicers on the non dashboard chart (one that was previously pinned) it will not be updated on its dashboard - seems to me that it should be. It's not a dashboard of snapshots surely?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. When dashboard tiles do not refresh based on the tiles in the reports, it's not a dashboard! It's only a collection of links. Now it's just confusing to add tiles with values to a dashboard, as the value is old the moment you add it.

• Karyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, just wondering when this issue will be solved because very annoying and not practical. What is the point of being able to pin visuals if they don't refresh automatically? Even if there is a filter on a month, should change data when we change that same filter in pbix and republish. Very disappointed of this limitation and hoping a solution very rapidly.

• Akanksha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We rely a lot on the subscription emails that we get to check on data on a daily basis. The static pinned visual not reflecting the data in the report creates panic.

• Guisin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely critical. Our company's management does not want to and need to see the little details of the whole "live report".
    They only want to see the number that matters.
    What's the purpose of having a static pinned visual anyways?

• MH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Appreciate if this solution could be solved soon if Power BI wants to be part of the IoT and Industry 4.0 ecosystem.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is an very critical feature for us, currently we have commenting feature on tiles now, but when we changed the visual, we must delete the old tile, and re-pin the visual again, if so, the comment before will be lost. Keep hoping for this new feature.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be useful, but not high priority in my mind compared some of the other improvements needed.

• Mike Honey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have said this really seems like a bug. I made the most trivial change - altering the Visual Level Filters for a Card Visual. Bang - this issue kicks in and I have to manually delete and re-add that visual to the dashboard. Just seems so silly and obvious - amazed it has not been addressed yet.

• Pen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we need this change but I am guessing you have it as a low priority as you haven't updated the community since 2015.

It appears that this idea has fallen off the radar. Microsoft, could you please take a 2nd look?

Glad to see this is an idea. Not so glad to see they were working on a solution nearly three years ago and this isn't closed out.

I would add that just updating the data behind the tile is not sufficient. If the format of the visual changes, if field names are altered, slicers affecting it are changed (in the version published to the service), or even if the type of visual changes (line graph to bar graph for instance), these should all be automatically reflected in the dashboard tile.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.