How can we improve Power BI?

When will the KPI Red/Yellow/Green Indicators be available on PowerBI Desktop?

KPI Red/Yellow/Green Indicators were available in Power Pivot. With the new Power BI Desktop this feature is not available anymore. If you import from PP to the Desktop it converts the RYG Indicator Dots to a number. Will the Red/Yellow/Green Indicators be added back to PowerBI Desktop? If so When?

3,972 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

217 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank Radewagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We absolutely need to highlight cells based on it´s textual content for Management presentations. It´s hard to tell a Manager that we have a great new tool, but unfortunately we are not able to define conditional formatting for the cells.

• Nicolina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is unacceptable thinking to have always had this kind of feature in the past on the preeceding tools and not having here now! Please, add this funtionality!

• Ramesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, I agree for this feature. KPI indicators are very much used in analysis.

• PaulS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide this feature, my reports lack the necessary highlights on the important information.

• Nawaphon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES IT IS VERY IMPORTANT, i wonder why microsoft didn't implement this or this team lack of skills ?

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although slightly cumbersome, one solution is to simply apply conditional formatting to an ASCII dot symbol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature that thousand of people and organization could make use of.

This is a seemingly small but actually very important feature. Senior management are used to seeing these indicators on all of their reports (not least because Excel produces these very nicely). As other users have mentioned, improved conditional formatting based on text values would allow us to achieve the same result.

• Clay White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an obvious feature that already should be there. Please add and keep us happy.

Been trying to work out how to do RAG Indicators, would be good if they aren't just limited to tables so can be used in cards or other visuals

Voting YES to get this feature added! Clearly there's a ton of interest. I truly can't believe it's not already available.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.