Sauskethorpido shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tchua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stuck with a simple service because this feature is not available. Neither does it seem possible to create a unique primary key in the tables to avoid duplicate entries. Not sure how this does not have priority over other features.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

deto - we need to be able to update datasets. Otherwise this feature is unusable for us as an ISV

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature too.

The workaround of deleting then adding new data right after causes the dashboard tiles to display (BLANK) for a few seconds, making that approach unusable.

Yes.. this is a must to have feature. Cant imagine basic CRUD operations missing in a microsoft product.

• Raju commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Any update on this change request. I am also having problem to add records in existing dataset (created by uploading the pbix file from desktop). I want to refresh the dataset by sending new rows via rest api.

• martin knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this going to happen? having to delete all the rows of data and reinsert them all just because 1 field in 1 row has changed seems like a bad idea.

• Alison Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to search for a set of rows and alter them would save a lot of data refresh traffic. If a row is added incorrectly then the only way to correct this is to delete all the rows and re add. I am dealing with large quantities of data, so the rebuild can take hours, and hitting powerbi with thousands of add row requests.

• Favna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than 2 years since this was opened and still nothing? This is super super essential of any Database. Did no one teach PowerBI about CRUD (Create Read Update Delete)?

• Steve Menke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started to look into use push data sets and I updating rows is a common use case for my data. So this is a must have.

• Zeeshan Qadir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@charles sterling (Admin, Microsoft Power BI)

Any update on this feature request? Is this feature coming or it's discarded by the team?

• Arunkumar T D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is must to have. Even in Delete option, all the records are deleted. not a specific row. This is making us handicap to provide solution for the tables with 100,000+ records. This is very impractical to delete and insert rows every time. Please enable this feature ASAP.

• Mo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also want to ask if there has been any progress in the last 6 months?

Charles Sterling, has there been any progress in this issue? Or is there a timeline for implementing this feature?

I would like to be able to add a row to a table called say: DataSource and then use the data in this table as a dynamic programmable parameter.

I can then:
    - publish a .pbix file through REST API
    - update DataSource table through REST API
    - On refresh new DataSource path is used to get data

This means I can completely automate publishing of PowerBI Dashboards for new clients.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.