How can we improve Power BI?

Matrix +/- Collapse/ Expand Buttons

Please add Collapse/Expand buttons in the Matrix Visualizations. Otherwise when all fields are expanded by default the user would have to scroll a lot to find what they are looking for. I could add a slicer to take user to the data they are looking for but then the rest of the data in the matrix disappears and more specifically the overall totals change!Expand/Collapse buttons would keep the overall totals as intended and totals for other fields while allowing the user to only expand the field they are interested in. Also ability to do conditional formatting for a specific field in the matrix would be nice. Thanks!

2,829 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

185 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Agility planning matrix is better than nothing, but the lack of formatting options for the different levels is frustrating. This is like Excel pivot 101 stuff.

• Martin Kratky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the anonymous user after this post: just register on the website then the download link on the page will be active.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Martin, can you please tell me how to download. I registered with Agility Planning but not finding inside any thing downloads or download links.

• Joel Faltermeier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to both Table and Matrix. Similar to Excel column groupings by columns.

In Excel the feature is "Group, Ungroup". It would also be helpful to be able to create groups within a group (subgroups). Again, match Excel column grouping functionalities.

• FredericoTentiPrado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A slicer to select the level would be enough for that. Please inform us about the timeline to include this feature. I hope soon we can see this "simple" possibilities (simple base on how easy it is in Excel).

One important feature in this idea is the expanding of a level with just one item below and be able to hide this (because the subtotal and the one item below have the exact same values)

We can‘t use power bi without this feature. Please don‘t force us to use Qlikview, which is the other option in our shop.

• Selim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is also very important so we can see subtotals collapsed but still retain totals. Right now there is no way to show column totals (at bottom of table) and show line item detail without having the lines totaled which makes large datasets unreadable.
        Imagine 50 lines with 3 sub-lines with 3 sublines, you end up with over 450 lines of just subtotals if you want to display a grand total at the bottom. This is a huge issue and IMHO more important than new data connections..

Don't understand why did is changed ti Under Review when the work was already started on this idea

• Bachar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would you please add Matrix +/- Collapse/ Expand Buttons.

I like what you are doing Guys, really.

Thanks a lot, Power BI Team :)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.