How can we improve Power BI?

Matrix +/- Collapse/ Expand Buttons

Please add Collapse/Expand buttons in the Matrix Visualizations. Otherwise when all fields are expanded by default the user would have to scroll a lot to find what they are looking for. I could add a slicer to take user to the data they are looking for but then the rest of the data in the matrix disappears and more specifically the overall totals change!Expand/Collapse buttons would keep the overall totals as intended and totals for other fields while allowing the user to only expand the field they are interested in. Also ability to do conditional formatting for a specific field in the matrix would be nice. Thanks!

4,700 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SeanSean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

124 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless this feature will be released we will not be able to close our BI project..Pls let us know when this feature will be added to POWER BI..Why this must have feature is not there till date?

• Josh FloryJosh Flory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this basic feature still be under review, can we please get an update on this? Thanks! This is blocking rollout to my enterprise.

• YashYash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update when this feature will be available?
        This feature makes my dashboard lot easier. I do not want to open up all the hierarchy values opened up everytime, this will help our users just to drill up/down only when they need.

Absolutely agree, fantastic product, but this is one thing outstanding that would tip it from good to great.

The NHS where there are a number of layers to data is highly valuable. A must have really.

would be of huge benefit within NHS where there are a number of layers to diagnosis for example, had hoped to find this functionality already there.

Yes please prioritize this! We have reports with over 300 columns looking to migrate to Power BI. We want the default state of the report to only display 100 columns when exported to Excel, and user will expand the columns based on need.

• MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also give all my voting points for controlling subtotals! Any date?

• WesleyWesley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohhhh... thanks God!!! Just waiting for this new blessing!!! Any date?

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not use power bi without having the ability to drill down and up in a matrix. It makes the product useless.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.