Adolfo Socorro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • K.B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must have! In my company, corporate is hell bent on using an in-house font and until such functionality is fully supported in Power BI, there's no way it can be widely adopted for any kind of internal reporting (at least when it comes to higher management).

Custom JSON themes are a start, but there's no way to change a default font for a text-box, so most reports end up looking quite bad.

• Bianca Lang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful for my workplace : we use a certain corporate font that is not currently supported by PBI. We have tried to incorporate it in a JSON file and use it though a custom report theme file, but it does not seem to work. A wider range of supported fonts supported by custom report themes would be extremely useful.

• Joe Champagne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this, as well as ability to set the theme in the MSI for Power BI Desktop so that our users are all starting with the correct brand colors and fonts.

• Nigel Reilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is important to have the ability to import fonts to use in Power BI.
    Whilst we can match themes to a Business template we still cannot match fonts

• Callum Smyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will support be added so we can use fonts available in word? Or will there be support and explanations for how to use google fonts through themes?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please add support for custom fonts for all objects so we can comply to corporate standards

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to use whichever font is installed on my machine. How is this not an option?

• Tom Marek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also please ensure that textbox font sizes match font sizes used in any visuals. At the moment one font size is not the same across these two options.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to add custom font Montserrat for branding .. can anyone list down steps how can i add this custom font in power bi desktop report

• Chami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great work so far. Any ideas on when custom installed fonts will be available?

• Pedro Innecco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is great news, Amanda. Thanks for that! Yeah it would be great if in the future we could upload custom Open Type Fonts -- but in the meantime the support for some of the most common built-in fonts is fantastic.

You guys are really coming along. Well done all!

• Jared Knutzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to add custom fonts to Power BI to give more variety and branding to my reports. Being limited to the default options is a huge design constraint!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as @Benjamin Swift....would like to be able to set a font for all objects and visualizations.
    Currently, I'm forced to use font sizes much larger than I'd like in order to make the axis and data labels legible from the back of the room. Setting the global font to something with a little more weight would be preferred.

• Marta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So changing font type in line with other Microsoft options would be great! Why is this not available yet? Seems like a basic requirement. Uploading own fonts would be even better

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.